ATD2011 Trade Thread & Trade Talk

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Well if the 1st overall want to pick now I could at least see what my options are , if I trade it or not. ( I got the 2nd )

Your call.

Derick*

I want one of 15th - 19th and the holder's 2nd. I am negotiating with all five of them right now. If you want the draft to hurry, talk to them :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I want one of 15th - 19th and the holder's 2nd. I am negotiating with all five of them right now. If you want the draft to hurry, talk to them :laugh:

To get a return like that, I hope you're ready to basically destroy your team's depth.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If this trade committee thing actually gets off the ground, then I would be on it. It really needs at least 5-10 GMs to be fair, IMO.

And I really hope that if there is a trade committee, the draft isn't held up every time there is a trade because the committee needs "time to review." Only the rare problematic trade should cause discussion.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If this trade committee thing actually gets off the ground, then I would be on it. It really needs at least 5-10 GMs to be fair, IMO.

And I really hope that if there is a trade committee, the draft isn't held up every time there is a trade because the committee needs "time to review." Only the rare problematic trade should cause discussion.

Trades should only come to this committee by request. Any GM can request that a trade be reviewed, but each GM can only make one such request during this draft.

Most trades don't even need to be approved, but some might look a little fishy, and those are the only ones we need to take time on.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Trades should only come to this committee by request. Any GM can request that a trade be reviewed, but each GM can only make one such request during this draft.

Most trades don't even need to be approved, but some might look a little fishy, and those are the only ones we need to take time on.

Exactly. Not every swap of 3rd and 6th round picks needs to be approved by the committee; only the ones that are more than slightly questionable should come through here.

I'd also like to help out and be a member of the committee. Agreed that it's best we have 8 or 9 guys, so there's a great chance that there will be at least a couple online at any given time.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I have taken trade talk to the trade thread.

I realize this is going to be a big adjustment for us all, and I'll have to do this a few more times, and I don't mind that.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I have taken trade talk to the trade thread.

I realize this is going to be a big adjustment for us all, and I'll have to do this a few more times, and I don't mind that.

I really wish you did it the other way around. One member of the trade committee should have the OP so we can update the trades made into the OP.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I really wish you did it the other way around. One member of the trade committee should have the OP so we can update the trades made into the OP.

regardless of what we do with that, I stole one of your older posts and put it here so that it became the OP. I also moved your OP back into it. Look good now?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
There was the Kimberly/Minnesota deal that was already reflected in the draft thread, then the EB/dreakmur massive conditional trade, then the full swap by jarek and TDMM. that's it, right?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
If we're still of the opinion that more bodies are needed on the trade committee, I will volunteer to serve on it.

Absolutely, it would be nice to have someone on it who's not in the draft.

If we have 6-7 people on it then there should always be someone around who can make a quick judgement.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I believe I've come up with a fair but still intriguing trade package for any GM looking to trade out of the first round:

Your first, fifth, 23rd rounder
For
My seventh, eighth, ninth rounder

A couple of folks are already considering it, but anyone who is interested can PM me.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I believe I've come up with a fair but still intriguing trade package for any GM looking to trade out of the first round:

For

A couple of folks are already considering it, but anyone who is interested can PM me.

I would veto that deal if anyone accepted it, Bugg, on account of it being highly unbalanced in your favor.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

For

some GMs are considering this? why? That's a six-round drop out of round 1, AND a three-round drop out of the 5th, to pick up 14 rounds from the 9th.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009

For

This trade doesn't make any sense. You're asking us to give up our franchise player AND a top-6 forward/top-4 defenseman for what amounts to losing a spare for a bottom-6 forward, bottom-4 defenseman? Sorry, that doesn't fly, and if anyone tries to do that trade, it'll be up for veto.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
This trade doesn't make any sense. You're asking us to give up our franchise player AND a top-6 forward/top-4 defenseman for what amounts to losing a spare for a bottom-6 forward, bottom-4 defenseman? Sorry, that doesn't fly, and if anyone tries to do that trade, it'll be up for veto.

How about I just let the other 39 GMs negotiate my trades for me, then, as apparently I'm either always giving too much or too little? I'm not trying to be a Pronger over this, but vetos are meant for deals that would imply collusion or otherwise undermine the process- not ones you just don't like. In that case, I'm going to veto every deal because one team will always have a greater advantage, however slight.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Trading brings out the worst in posters. The bickering about them instead of the appreciative and informative discussions about players and the history of hockey. The whole thing becomes a petty, selfish exercise overly obsessed on competiveness and winning in the playoffs when team building is supposed to be beside the point, the playoffs a fun offshoot instead of the point of it all, the draft about thinking through the history of the game, seeking to appreciate to the proper degree various contributors. A trade-free draft (or at least a trade-free conference to show the relative saneness and difference) was going to be the first step on the road to returning to the History board as a subforum there. Trading just shows the ATD subforum belongs where it is, with the games forum and all the jostling gamesmanship that goes on in fantasy competition. Oh well. So be it. 59% of us wanted it this way. We get what we deserve.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
How about I just let the other 39 GMs negotiate my trades for me, then, as apparently I'm either always giving too much or too little? I'm not trying to be a Pronger over this, but vetos are meant for deals that would imply collusion or otherwise undermine the process- not ones you just don't like. In that case, I'm going to veto every deal because one team will always have a greater advantage, however slight.

oh, come on, don't be like that. It's not that the advantage is "slight", it was quickly apparent to the first three people to comment on it, that it's very much in your favour, and no wonder you'd also be open to doing it!

If the 5th and 8th were switched around, it would be a pretty fair deal, IMO. Six rounds out of the 1st, for 3 later, and 14 much later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad