MEGAHAB WRESTLING FEDERATION
presents
WRESTLE EPIC
From The Skydome in Toronto, Ontario
Commentary: Mike Tenay & Corey Graves
Interviews: Sean Mooney and Jonathan Coachman

MWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Bret Hart vs. Chris Jericho
(Prime 1993-1994 Bret Hart vs. 2008 heel Chris Jericho. I think they may have had a throwaway match in WCW but imagine this with a proper feud and with a lot of time.)

Goldberg vs. Andre The Giant

HELL IN A CELL MATCH
Big Van Vader vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
(The two best big men ever. They were partners but I don’t think they ever faced each other.)

MWF WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Demolition vs. The Steiner Brothers
(Two of the best tag teams ever and I don’t think this match has ever happened)

MWF WORLD WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
Asuka vs. Awesome Kong

MWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP
HARDCORE MATCH
Shane McMahon vs. Abyss vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Spike Dudley

MWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
10-MAN TLC MATCH
Dolph Ziggler vs. Bobby Roode vs. Mustafa Ali vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Sheamus vs. Fit Finlay vs. Rhyno vs. James Storm vs. MVP vs. Carlito

Taz vs. Rusev

Juventud Guerrera vs. Low Ki

TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. The Hart Dynasty

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
Superstar Billy Graham vs. Antonio Inoki vs. Lou Thesz
(These guys are obviously before my time but I think the appeal of this match is that I doubt any of them have ever been in a 3-way match.)

SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: Muhammad Ali
Mr. T vs. Floyd “Money” Mayweather

30-MAN $100,000 BATTLE ROYAL
Wade Barrett vs. Honky Tonk Man vs. The Iron Shiek vs. Jinder Mahal vs. The Great Khali vs. Greg “The Hammer” Valentine vs. Test vs. Santino Marella vs. Zack Ryder vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Kanyon vs. Baron Corbin vs. Ken Kennedy vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Kamala vs. Adam Bomb vs. Ahmed Johnson vs. Mabel vs. Perry Saturn vs. Ryback vs. Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart vs. Gangrel vs. Haku vs. Paul Orndorff vs. Koko B. Ware vs. Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Nikolai Volkoff vs. George “Animal” Steele
(I don’t know if this helps or hurts my card but I always love battle royals. I just threw all the remaining guys that were kind of memorable to me as a fan into this match.
Kaner9:

The Undertaker vs Drew McIntyre

Kurt Angle vs Owen Hart

The Great Muta vs El Generico

Harlem Heat vs The Dudley Boyz

BRA AND PANTIES MATCH Trish Stratus vs Scarlett Bordeaux vs Alicia Fox vs Mandy Rose

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH Keith Lee vs Mike Awesome

Brodie Lee vs Barry Windham

Kento Miyahara vs John Morrison with Malena vs Ernest Miller with James Brown singing entrance music and dancing.

GKJ:

Pennsylvania Championship Wrestling presents:

Wrestlemania 5:
Double Hell Double Main Event

Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

First, to introduce some of the people who make this happen:

kairi.jpg

Kairi Sane - General Manager

greg.jpg

Greg Hamilton - Ring Announcer

COMMENTARY:
Mauro Ranallo - Play-by-Play
Nigel McGuiness - Lead Color Commentary
Pat McAfee - Supplemental Color Commentary
Eddie Kingston - Special Color Commentary
Renee Paquette - Special Color Commentary
Greg Hamilton - Ring Announcer

The Undercard

owensbatista.png

1. Kevin Owens vs. Dave Bautista
Singles Match

We’re going to start off with a banger in our opener with a matchup of two world champion brawlers in a dream match scenario. Dave Bautista once again makes his return from billion-dollar Hollywood movies against a new-generation breed of battler. Owens was most recently the challenger for the PCW Men’s World Championship, so the winner here could earn himself an opportunity.

bellasbakerford.png

2. The Bella Twins (Nikki & Brie Bella) vs. Britt Baker & Penelope Ford w/ Rebel (not Reba)
Tag Team Tournament Final
PCW Women’s Tag Team Championship

Due to their differences, a connection was broken and previous title holders were forced to their titles. A 16-team tournament was held to determine new champions and we have arrived at the final in a matchup of old (or maybe far less recent) vs. new breed of women’s wrestlers. Long-time popular sisters and Hall of Fame-inducted Bella Twins vs. the local roots tag team of Pittsburgh’s Britt Baker (with her manager, Reba) and Philadelphia’s very own Penelope Ford, the latter sure a hometown favorite)

IMG-5403.jpg

3. Shaquille O’Neal, Eddie Kingston, Damian Priest, Pat McAfee, Toru Yano, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Rush, Santos Escobar, Brian Cage, Marko Stunt, Luchasaurus, Jungle Boy, Umaga, Abdullah the Butcher, Dino Bravo, Nigel McGuinness, PCO, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso
Over-the-top-rope Battle Royal

A battle royal as been assembled to determine a #1 contender for a future Commonwealth Championship Opportunity. With many debuts and surprises, there is a great unpredictable nature. With all three color color commentators scheduled (with Kingston returning from injury - see below), Renee Paquette joins on commentary.

iolita.png

4. Io Shirai (w/ Poppy) vs. Lita
Ladder Match
Inaugural PCW Women’s Commonwealth Championship

PCW prides themselves for having a strong women’s division and because of that depth it was determined by chairman G. Kim Johnsson that a new singles championship was to be made active, along with naming a new GM: Kairi Sane. Kairi, who revealed the title design as her first action on an episode of Thursday Night Jawn, was given the authority to name two former world champions the opportunity to be the first title holder. Preferring to then have the title raised above the ring, it was apparent who those two women would be. Lita and Io-san were selected for the inaugural match for the PCW Women’s Commonwealth Championship in a Ladder match.

Includes Poppy playing Io Shirai's entrance

addictionortons.png

5. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)(c) vs. The Ortons (Randy Orton & Cowboy Bob Orton)

I Quit Match
PCW Men's Tag Team Championship

Thankfully, as the champions, this match was booked before another storyline was in another company played out, so Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian may continue to team together so long as they remain champions. Most recently, they had been feuding with Randy Orton and another partner who had previously earned his respect but they had failed to gain the tag team championship. But Orton still has designs on defeating SCU, and given previous stipulations, designs on dissolving the team. This will require tapping into the sadistic side of his persona, and after various attacks, Orton compels Daniels and Kazarian to eschew their SCU personality in favor of their more aggressively persuasion that is The Addiction. Orton will need a different tag partner to draw off the new stakes raised and introduces none other than his father - Cowboy Bob Orton, as both will now fully appreciate the even greater bond than that of the longstanding tag team. The challenge made is an I Quit match - a unique facet. The end result being either the like-family Daniels and Kazarian being forced to quit on the other and the end of their careers together, or actual family of a father and son having to live with each other having one quit on the other.

walterbrody.png

6. WALTER vs. Bruiser Brody
Singles Match
#1 Contender Match

An all-time match up of giant dudes who can do any thing that giant dudes do, der Ring Generale draws one of the few people who is demonstrably bigger than he is in Bruiser Brody. To the victor go the spoils of being an imposing challenger to the PCW Men’s World Champion decided later on the card. WALTER has not yet reached the heights of the top of the company, while Brody is an obvious long-time, universally respected favorite. Remember, the mat is sacred.

miztakahashi.png

7. The Miz (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
Singles Match
PCW Commonwealth Championship

Takahashi has signed for his return to wrestling by making his PCW debut at Wrestlevania V. As the Commonwealth Champion, it is the Miz who makes the challenge to what he sees as his Japanese counterpart, and claims he will make this Hiromu’s moment, however Takahashi blew off a scheduled MizTV appearance, yet still appeared on that week's show. While the flash between the two is comparable, obviously we all know who has more substance. With so much charisma and talent apparent, Takahashi is sure to become a new top star if he were to gain a championship in his first match.

And now, for our taglined "Double Hell Double Main Event"

moxleypunk.png

8. Jon Moxley (c) vs. CM Punk (w/ Living Colour)
Hell In a Cell
PCW Men’s World Championship Match

Jon Moxley, champion now for coming up on one year here in PCW, and had his most recent title defense a couple months ago, was then addressed by chairman G. Kim Johnsson to announce to the world and specifically to Moxley, the return of a prominent and formidable future opponent, signed under condition of receiving a world championship match, and the chairman wish to make sure Moxley was the first to know of the return of CM Punk, who promptly attacked Moxley (who then felt that he was being set up). On TNJ, Punk explains oh why, oh why, did he decide to come back. Well, for one, the offer was good enough. And combined with being away after all these from PCW, he felt compelled to prove that he could not only do what he does best, but do it, and everything else better than anybody else, including hosting a one-hour talk show (currently hosted by Renee Paquette, which he says to her face in an interview). Prompt the attack by Moxley, which quickly became untenable and both guys fought across the arena and into crowds and backstage. An attempt to diffuse the situation by booking a tag team match that included once-allies of both guys (Punk & Gallows vs. Moxley and Kingston) solves nothing as Moxley’s propensity for violence and Punk’s propensity for aggression blows over requiring an intervention by the chairman when Kingston is injured (but as he tells Moxley, he will be fine). The chairman shares backstage with both guys separately that their actions are out of control as Moxley reminds him that he was set up by the chairman (which the audience is led to believe was inadvertent), and Punk claims that this is what the chairman wanted: two cult heroes of of the Philadelphia wrestling scene in the main event of the biggest show in the history of the company. The champion: Jon Moxley, very comfortable in an aggressive environment. CM Punk is the challenger in the “city where he got over,” making his return to the pro wrestling for this match. The chairman now needing to own his role in the loss of control, invites Moxley and Punk ringside decides that for everyone’s safety and lack of liability, the match at Wrestlevania 5 must be held inside a Hell in a Cell (we know how this usually works though) as both guys are blocked by security, with the chairman looking on nervously. Living Colour has been signed to perform “Cult of Personality” once again.

Includes live performance by Living Colour:

In fact, we'll bring Living Colour back out for an encore performance as the ring must be prepared for the second half of the main event.

kudosasha.png

9. Megumi Kudo (c) vs. Sasha Banks

200V Double Hell Double Landmine Exploding Barbed Wire Exploding Ring No Disqualification Deathmatch
PCW Women’s World Championship

As being the favorite performer of the chairman (something that’s been made known previously), Sasha Banks has had many different types of opportunities in dream matches and being a tag team champion, but she has not yet made it to the top as PCW World Women’s Champion. In this, now, the fifth Wrestlevania, it may not be her last chance but she has had her greatest momentum in her time in PCW.
The current champion is the Japanese legend, “Queen of the Deathmatch” from the old Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling, Megumi Kudo, a former 6-time FMW World Women's Champion and one of their top stars, who is having a surprise run at the top even though her style of wrestling is not really conducive for a modern-day weekly wrestling TV programming, but then again, we are in a pandemic where we’ve had to adapt to restrictions on crowds and have the latitude to take more risks (for lack of a better term).

So, the time is now for Sasha Banks to be the challenger. The contract signing (presided over by GM Kairi Sane) runs a snafu where Sasha Banks refuses to sign and cuts a promo where she says that if she is to prove that she is the best wrestler, then she must be able to wrestle the best in every kind of style, which is to say that Sasha is compelled to beat Megumi Kudo in her style of match. Without the words being said, Megumi obliges and Kairi withdraws contract to be re-written. It is presumed that the audience is aware what this means as they pop.

With Sasha and Megumi consulted in the next episode, a new contract is rewritten to be signed the following week, where at the chairman GKJ once again compelled to interject and explain exactly what stipulations are added and that PCW cannot be held liable for injury even though all safety precautions will be taken and adhered to in a “200V Double Hell Double Landmine Exploding Barbed Wire Exploding Ring No Disqualification Deathmatch,” and is (likely) the only time he will ever allow this match to happen.

-Two sides of ring will have barbed wire with 200-volt electrical charges intertwined in the ropes, but ALL sides will have ropes (not a given in these types of deathmatches)
-On two sides of the floor there will be landmines in the form of barbed wire-laced boards.
-There will be a 5-minute countdown along with a 10, 15 and 20-minute warning prior to the ring exploding whether the match is over or not. If there is no winner before the ring explodes, the match will be declared a draw. Impact is not paying for this bomb, however management expects the match to be concluded given it's other stipulations and they are not naive about this in the slightest. Not at all.
-No disqualification (no shit).

The chairman though already has his hands full as previously explained in other builds, and leaves GM Kairi again to preside over the new contract signing. Sasha is now happy to sign, but this time, it is Megumi who will stir things makes an announcement in Japanese that appears to shake up Kairi who must translate that Megumi says that Sasha is her dream opponent and will retire after this match, which makes the stakes for Sasha as high as possible.

Due to logistical issues, this obviously must be the second half of our Double Hell Double Main Event and final match since the ring will be completely destroyed. The Fire Marshall has given his clearance for this event and adequate emergency personnel will be available.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Megahab - There are some high highs here. Bret Hart vs. Jericho is the best main event in this thing and brings two of my three favourite wrestlers ever together. Vader vs. Bigelow is an all time great hoss fight that I would love to see. You probably have the best women's match as well. I'd like to hear what exactly is going on with the Mayweather vs. Mr. T match as neither is a wrestler. A worked boxing match I guess? I'm also not a fan of the legends match but I can see the temptation of putting a bunch of big names together. Those are pretty nitpicky though as the highs here are very high.

Kaner9 - I really like some of the matches here but it could have used some fleshing out. Owen Hart vs. Angle is a very strong sub-main event, even though I'm not an angle fan, and I enjoy the Muta vs. Generico match and the tag match. Lee vs. Awesome is also a nice hoss fight. Miller is a seemingly random addition to the opening match though I enjoy James Brown being included. I'm fine with McIntyre also but I'd probably rather someone else to help Undertaker in the main event.

GKJ - As is usually the case it's a well executed card even if it doesn't conform to my particular tastes. Execution does matter though and it makes a difference here. My favourite match on the card is Walter vs Brody as a well made brawl and nice contrast of eras. I also like the surprising stipulation in the Ortons tag match. I dislike Randall Orton (also strong dislike for Batista and the Bellas honestly), but that's somewhat mitigated here by putting him in a tag match (I've developed a soft spot for Cowboy Bob over the last year) and including an interesting stipulation. I'm also surprised by the main event match style but it has some interest for me as it is unexpected. I'm not sure how Miz vs. Takahashi would work given their very different attitudes toward wrestling but I'd give it a watch to see how things go.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Habsrule - There are some high highs here. Bret Hart vs. Jericho is the best main event in this thing and brings two of my three favourite wrestlers ever together. Vader vs. Bigelow is an all time great hoss fight that I would love to see. You probably have the best women's match as well. I'd like to hear what exactly is going on with the Mayweather vs. Mr. T match as neither is a wrestler. A worked boxing match I guess? I'm also not a fan of the legends match but I can see the temptation of putting a bunch of big names together. Those are pretty nitpicky though as the highs here are very high.

My idea for Mayweather vs. Mr T was just yo have a short, overbooked, typical celebrity match that would get mainstream appeal. Not necessarily what I would want to see myself but it would draw some money I think.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
My idea for Mayweather vs. Mr T was just yo have a short, overbooked, typical celebrity match that would get mainstream appeal. Not necessarily what I would want to see myself but it would draw some money I think.

Alright, makes sense. My mistake for also referring to you as Habsrule. I don't often confuse Habs fans. Some of my closest friends are Habs fans.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Megahab Overall I think you've got plenty of matches that make sense. I can't remember if Jericho and Hart was done, but I think this is one of those instances where I would probably give it a pass. Not sure which Jericho I'd want to see, but I understand your choice. Battle Royal for me doesn't hurt your card whatsoever. I did a "rumble" style last year because I love the entrances and so I'm all for it either way. I also like some of your participants, some of whom were even in my rumble match last year, many of whom shouldn't go undrafted. If anything I think you could trim the card down a bit and maybe lose a triple threat match as back-to-back might be too much.

@Kaner9 Some interesting matchups and of those none of them I think I've ever thought of, but when I think of say Angle vs Owen or The Dudleyz vs Harlem Heat they definitely intrigue me. I would just tell you to add some build to the card. You don't need to be as verbose as some of us are, but I think with the matchups you came up with there is a lot to mine there and it would definitely enhance your card. Some of it I could probably guess the storyline, but either way I'm seeing five matches right away (the entire top half of your card in fact) that could make for some really interesting build storylines.

@GKJ As I say ever, a grizzled veteran who knows how to put a card together from match flow to presentation. I'm not the biggest women's wrestling fan although I'm slowly appreciating it more over time. Punk vs Moxley immediately intrigued me and I figured you'd do it after seeing your picks. Miz vs Tanahashi and Walter vs Brody both make a lot of sense too. I think you could have done more from a build perspective with Owens vs Batista. Tag match didn't grab me for a tag match so much, but you did well with the storyline in terms of their respective motivations.

Out of respect for how close i think this is, i don't think I'll be voting here

I struggled with this one too, but I felt as though I had to vote. In the end it really came down to the number of matches per card that I wanted to see. It was very close.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
@Megahab Overall I think you've got plenty of matches that make sense. I can't remember if Jericho and Hart was done, but I think this is one of those instances where I would probably give it a pass. Not sure which Jericho I'd want to see, but I understand your choice. Battle Royal for me doesn't hurt your card whatsoever. I did a "rumble" style last year because I love the entrances and so I'm all for it either way. I also like some of your participants, some of whom were even in my rumble match last year, many of whom shouldn't go undrafted. If anything I think you could trim the card down a bit and maybe lose a triple threat match as back-to-back might be too much

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Bret and Jericho had some throwaway match on Nitro. But never a meaningful match.

I was thinking of a Royal Rumble match for all those guys but I don't think there's enough star power there to warrant a Rumble match, which would be much longer than a regular battle royal.

Also about the two triple threats, I didn't post my card in order of their match order. I didn't really put much thought into that other than the top matches. I should have.

Reactions: Kaner9 and les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Bret and Jericho had some throwaway match on Nitro. But never a meaningful match.

I was thinking of a Royal Rumble match for all those guys but I don't think there's enough star power there to warrant a Rumble match, which would be much longer than a regular battle royal.

Also about the two triple threats, I didn't post my card in order of their match order. I didn't really put much thought into that other than the top matches. I should have.

About the Rumble, I called mine the "Ratings Rumble" and it was for the television title. I think I had the entrance times much quicker as it was at the start of the card or very near it. Sometimes I just hate seeing all that talent go to waste. Glad you picked Kamala, Honky Tonk Man, Iron Sheik, Kanyon, R-Truth, Saturn, Gangrel, etc.

Reactions: Megahab

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
GKJ - As is usually the case it's a well executed card even if it doesn't conform to my particular tastes. Execution does matter though and it makes a difference here. My favourite match on the card is Walter vs Brody as a well made brawl and nice contrast of eras. I also like the surprising stipulation in the Ortons tag match. I dislike Randall Orton (also strong dislike for Batista and the Bellas honestly), but that's somewhat mitigated here by putting him in a tag match (I've developed a soft spot for Cowboy Bob over the last year) and including an interesting stipulation. I'm also surprised by the main event match style but it has some interest for me as it is unexpected. I'm not sure how Miz vs. Takahashi would work given their very different attitudes toward wrestling but I'd give it a watch to see how things go.

Yeah, I knew I had to sell the shit out of the double main event styles, the Punk/Moxley match is the one I referred to before as having the most trouble putting together in my head. High stakes risk-reward, that's why I write a lot about it (both) to sell it because I think ultimately context and creative is important, even if it's only for me.

I have a friend I consult with every year who doesn't post here, and he's been begging me to take Orton but I could never figure out what I could do with him.

Miz/Takahashi, I kind of put a shade of it in there but if I were booking the actual match, I'd have Takahashi hand Miz his own ass, tbh, especially given its placement. I could have done better writing there though.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, I knew I had to sell the shit out of the double main event styles, the Punk/Moxley match is the one I referred to before as having the most trouble putting together in my head. High stakes risk-reward, that's why I write a lot about it (both) to sell it because I think ultimately context and creative is important, even if it's only for me.

I have a friend I consult with every year who doesn't post here, and he's been begging me to take Orton but I could never figure out what I could do with him.

Miz/Takahashi, I kind of put a shade of it in there but if I were booking the actual match, I'd have Takahashi hand Miz his own ass, tbh, especially given its placement. I could have done better writing there though.

Takahashi vs. Miz is something that I thought was crazy at first glance honestly. Daredevil Takahashi vs. extremely WWE style Miz. Thinking about it though, the contrasts might just make the match here, plus the flash they each bring could mix well in terms of entrances at least. It wouldn't be a typical Takahashi match I imagine but as I said I would be interested in seeing it.

The way that you went with the main events seems correct to me.

Reactions: GKJ

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
GKJ I had to look up what Jawn means and I debated taking some points off of you due to my natural sports bias against all things Pittsrbugh/East Pennsylvania. But I decided to let it slide...
A clean presentation and some intriguing match-ups had me voting for your show.

I really like Megahab's show outside of the TLC match. I think you have some participants in there who could have been used better elsewhere. I like the battle royal though as the participants there are more fitting. Andre/Goldberg scared me for a minute but I think it would be a good attraction if it was kept short. You do have a lot of multi man matches on this show but it doesn't hurt it too bad. I do think the TLC is a bit too busy at 10 men.

Kaner9 I like Angle/Owen Hart. Would have liked some booking details as that can go a variety of ways. Both guys are capable of being serious and goofy so it is a decent match-up. I also like Lee/Awesome and the tag match. Bonus points for having Miller involved but it wasn't enough. Hope to see you next year again!

Reactions: Kaner9 and GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When we go to 2 nights of tv per week, the second show will be called whatever Yinzers use as an all-encompassing ambiguous term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad