• Poll closed .

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
KingHollywood:

NACW Hearts on Fire
Omni Coliseum, Atlanta, GA

Show Opening:
Todd Pettengill opens the show, welcoming the crowd. Almost immediately, he is interrupted by aggressively squeaky pop music. Its 3 Count! With Tank Abbott!
Abbott: We’ve decided to open tonight’s show, since we obviously have been snubbed for the main event, AGAIN! So tonight, we’re having ourselves a talent show. We’re demanding another 3-man act come out and challenge us!
Abbott and 3 Count pantomime impatient waiting, watch checking. Decide to leave.
Abbott: Just as we thought, no takers. I guess we’ll ju—

Music: Turn it up!

It’s II Cool! With Rikishi!

Scotty: You guys want to have a talent show? Well, that’s hard to do when you

Sexay: HAVE NO TALENT! HA-HA!

Rikishi: These people didn’t come here to see you three dancing clowns. They came to see II Cool and Rikishi BACK THAT ASS UP!

Six-Man Tag Talent Show Match
3 Count (Evan Karagius, Shannon Moore & Shane Helms) w/ Tank Abbott vs
II Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty, Grandmasta Sexay & Rikishi)

NACW Women’s Championship – Singles Match
Bayley (c) vs Jazz
The Build:
Bayley has been riding high since regaining the NACW Women’s Championship. Spreading her message of positivity, The Hugger has become a real fan favorite. Action figures, t-shirts, official headbands and slap bracelets have been selling like hot cakes at the NACW merch table. Bayley has never known such highs and is loving it. But what goes up, must come down.
Jazz has returned to the pro wrestling world and is sick of seeing Bayley make a mockery of professional wrestling. Jazz has made a habit out of terrorizing Bayley fans at ringside, taking their headbands and slap bracelets, breaking their action figures and spitting on their t-shirts. Nobody wants to mess with Jazz.
With the stage set, will Bayley overcome the nasty evils of Jazz? Or will the menacing Jazz rule over the NACW Women’s Division with fear and an iron fist?

NACW Junior Heavyweight Championship – Singles Match
Spanky w/ Consequences Creed vs
Roderick Strong w/ Dave Mastiff & Kip Sabian
The Build:
Roderick Strong has been running roughshod over the backstage area for quite a while. Clad in his leather jacket while flanked by his two goons Dave Mastiff and Kip Sabian, there are seemingly nobody who can take the Junior Heavyweight Championship from Strong. Strong has been bullying people in the back, utilizing his goons to hold would be opponents upside down, for Strong to kick them in the face.
Strong has taken an enjoyment out of bullying poor Spanky. Most recently, Spanky arrived for his match against Strong on weekly TV only to find his gear cut up with scissors and thrown into the shower. Strong lent Spanky a spare singlet from Mastiff, which Spanky could not possibly fit in and had to forfeit the match.
Consequences Creed, watching from the sidelines, has decided to take Spanky under his wing, and show Spanky how to fight. Will this be enough for Spanky to finally vanquish his tormentors? Or is this another elaborate prank designed to humiliate Spanky again?

NACW North American Championship – Best 2/3 Falls Match

AJ Styles (c) vs KENTA
The Build:
KENTA has been a man obsessed with regaining the North American Championship. He has not held NACW gold since winning the tag titles last year, but the reign did not last long. Kenta has begun taking aim at the American way of life. He does not appreciate the loud fans or the hot dogs they stuff down their gullets. KENTA has taken on the initiative of trying to have cell phones banned from ringside and from fans. KENTA is tired of performing incredible feats only to look up to fans staring at their phones. This recently came to a head when KENTA noticed Styles’ son backstage, playing games on an iPhone. KENTA took the phone from the youth’s hand and smashed it on the floor. Style obviously took exception and the two brawled in the back.
KENTA refuses to apologize for the act, instead offering advice for AJ to apologize to his own son for being an unfit father. Styles has made it clear to KENTA that their upcoming match for the NACW North American Championship is going to be a fight. In the end, will KENTA regret his brash actions against Styles as a man and a father? Or will AJ be calling KENTA “sensei” after the bell rings?

Lifetime Achievement Award ceremony
Todd Petengill joins us once again with a trophy in tow. Todd tells us all we’re here for a special night as NACW honors a legend in the sport of pro wrestling. Todd gives a great introduction for one Max Mini. Max comes out with his translator, and he is ecstatic to be receiving some recognition for all the minutes he entertained North American fans in 90s WWF. While Max is accepting, we hear a familiar horn section.

Maryse Oullet: This is an absolute travesty! Max Mini? Are you joking me right now? Da trophee is beeger than himself! These poor fans are starving tonight for the sight of a real man and you give them Mini Max! Shame on you Todd. Shame on the NACW. Let me re-introduce a real man to you all, my client, RICK MARTEL!

Martel: Ha-ha that’s riiiiiiight, I am a REAL man. Real sized and real pissed off having to see this hideous abomination in the ring!

Martel and Maryse make their way to the ring.

Martel: Now then you little pipsqueak, why don’t you blase off somewhere else while I address my fans here tonight in America. Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Rick Martel, but you already knoo dat heh-heh. Apologies you must look upon the upsetting image of Mini Max here heh-heh, but lucky for you I am set to face the trailer park trash that is Jamie Noble. Once I am finished with Noble, I am looking at you Randy Savage heh-heh. Yes, Rick Martel wants the NACW World Heavyweight Championship, and I’m….not….sure…that you….

Martel is distracted while following Max Mini with his gaze, who is still in the ring and handing his trophy off to someone outside the ring. Martel drops the microphone and lunges towards Max Mini, delivering a devastating big boot to Max’s face. Martel picks up Max’s trophy and breaks it over Max’s prone body.

Martel: I TOLD YOU ALL! GET HIM OUT OF DE RING! RICK MARTEL CANNOT CONCENTRATE WITH SUCH UGLINESS! Now, what was I saying, oh yeah, Randy Sav-
Martel is cut off by the arrival of his opponent, NACW stalwart Jamie Noble.

Singles Match

Rick Martel w/ Maryse Oullet vs Jamie Noble
The Build:
Rick Martel has been on a tear since securing the services of Maryse Oullet, who has created a career path for Martel that is leading him straight up the card. Martel has been cutting promos weekly on Randy Savage and how his days as champion are numbered. Savage has left these promos unanswered and seems to suggest he doesn’t even know who Rick Martel is.
Ugliness, boorishness, loudness and brightness are some of the things Martel has taken aim at here in NACW. Jamie Noble is his next target, the redneck pig, as Martel calls him.
Will Martel continue his new-found dominance here in NACW? Or will Noble teach Martel a lesson about judgment?

NACW World Tag Team Championships – Triple Threat Match
The British Bulldogs (Davie-Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid) (c) vs
World’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas) vs
#FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
The Build:
The British Bulldogs were finally able to call themselves Tag Team Champions in NACW following their victory over the World’s Greatest Tag Team 3 short months ago. This was a feud born out of mutual respect, that eventually turned ugly. Now having lost their rematch, the WGTT have proposed one last ditch effort, if WGTT lose, they will change their name, and refer to the Bulldogs as the greatest. Davie Boy and Dynamite are reluctant to accept, since it’s been apparent that Haas and Benjamin are becoming increasingly more desperate. There is no telling what they will do once backed into a corner.
During the contract signing, free agents #FTR crashed the ring. Harwood and Wheeler mocked Haas and Benjamin for having titles they can’t back up. The Bulldogs signed the contract, and said whoever wins between those two teams can also sign.
The following Monday on NACW High Voltage, the match between WGTT and #FTR ended in a no contest when the referee lost control of the melee. Upon witnessing this, Davey Boy and Dynamite came out and said “you know what? We’ll take yas both”.
With the scene set, who will walk out of Hearts on Fire with the titles, and the bragging rights?

Singles Match – Butler Match
Dusty Rhodes vs William Regal w/ Drake Maverick
The Build:
Dusty Rhodes has been a thorn in General Manager Regal’s side for some time now. Regal has been trying to find ways to weasel himself into the World Heavyweight Championship picture in NACW but is always thwarted by Dusty and his meddling. Recently, Regal attempted an appointment with the Queen to receive her official endorsement as Britain’s challenger for the NACW World Heavyweight Championship. Unfortunately, Dusty tagged along and made a mockery of Regal as a standard tourist. Much to Regal’s shock and horror, the Queen dubbed Dusty her favorite wrestler, and asked Regal why he hasn’t given Rhodes a shot at the world title. This enraged Regal to no end who attempted to attack Dusty in the palace, embarrassing himself in front of his Queen.
During a match between Dusty and Regal’s butler, Drake Maverick, Regal tried to get involved but was once again thwarted. Dusty left with Maverick, forcing him to be Dusty’s butler for the week. After one week, Maverick declared himself the world’s #1 Dusty Rhodes fan, which did not sit well with Regal. Regal has had enough. He wants a match with Dusty with contendership to the world championship on the line. Dusty wanted to make things interesting, so whoever loses must serve as the butler to the victor for a 3 month period. Driven mad by anger, Regal agreed. Following a distraction from Maverick, who had been faking his fandom, Regal was able to leave Dusty bloody in a pile in the ring, and signed the match contract in Dusty’s blood.
Will Regal get a shot at the gold he lusts for so much, or is he playing into a trap set by the cool and collected Dusty?

NACW World Heavyweight Championship – Singles Match
Randy Savage (c) w/ Miss Elizabeth vs Shinsuke Nakamura w/ Sonny Ono
The Build:
When he was a boy, Shinsuke Nakamura grew up in poverty, in slums in Japan. Raised by just his mother, Nakamura would often go hungry in Japan, and would turn to crime to support himself and his family household. One day when in a convenience store fighting with a shopkeep not wanting to lose his profits, Nakamura caught a glimpse of a magazine that had been knocked over in the scuffle. His eyes locked with hers. Miss Elizabeth. Obsessed, Nakamura began to watch American wrestling. His attention locked on Randy Savage, the hot headed, fan favorite world champion of NACW. The hot headed, fan favorite world champion who often mistreated Nakamura’s love, Miss Elizabeth.
Nakamura would train, and train hard. Becoming an accomplished Japanese pro wrestler, fueled by his passion for Elizabeth and his anger to teach Savage a lesson. His dominance and ruthlessness quickly caught the eye of generous benefactor Sonny Onoo, who would sponsor Nakamura once hearing his story. He promised Nakamura that he would use his connections in America to make the match, if Nakamura impresses in Japan.
Randy Savage has been on top of the mountain in NACW. He has beaten everyone there is to beat, and has fame and glory like never before seen in professional wrestling. Savage appears to have just one weakness, his wife and manager, Miss Elizabeth. Savage’s enemies often resort to tactics involving hurting Elizabeth to throw Savage off of his game. This has resulted in Elizabeth being seen less and less, with Savage demanding she stay in the back to avoid danger, and avoid her being used against him. Most recently, Savage got into a brawl backstage with Rick Martel after he saw what he is convinced was Martel hitting on Liz.
During a ceremony where Savage is cutting the ribbon on a new Circuit City in downtown LA, Nakamura and Onoo crashed the event. Nakamura handed Elizabeth a single Japanese cherry blossom as a token of his admiration. This sent Savage off, who demanded a match with Nakamura. Nakamura simply said “sorry. No speak English”, sending Savage into a rage as he attacked security to get to Nakamura. In the brawl, Nakamura landed a devastating knee strike to Savage’s face, kocking off his sunglasses and knocking out Savage. Standing over Savage, Nakamura put on the Macho Man glasses and made exaggerated American body building poses. Then, worst of all, Nakamura twirled Liz, dipped and kissed her, before escaping in Onoo’s limo.
Savage has been driven to the brink of insanity by Nakamura and Onoo, and wants more than to get even. He wants the head of Shinsuke Nakamura.
On last week’s go home episode of NACW High Voltage, via satellite, Nakamura had one request for Savage, “bring the madness…please.”
Will Savage get his revenge and tear Nakamura limb from limb? Or will Nakamura’s head games prevail and make Savage his own undoing? And does Rick Martel plan to make his presence known? Find out, at NACW Hearts on Fire!

les Habs:

The Alternative Wrestling Federation presents: Reckoning
Live from the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with commentary from Tony Schiavone and Joey Styles and interviews with "Mean" Gene Okerlund.
Introduction:
Tony Schiavone: “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to AWF Reckoning! We’re ready to to our first match here... actually I’m told we’re going back to the dressing room area.”

Chris Candido: “Damnit Sunny, you’re not going out there! I can’t believe you texted him!”

Sunny: “Chris, I did not sext him! I would never cheat on you baby.”

Candido: “'Sext' him! I said 'text'! That’s it, you’re staying in the back. And put something on, like a cardigan.”
#1 Contenders Match for the AWF World Tag Team Championship Match
The Fabulous Rougeaus vs The Acclaimed
Bios and Match:
The Fabulous Rougeaus: The Fabulous Rougeaus: Hailing from Quebec City, Quebec, Canada brothers Jacques and Raymond Rougeau are self-proclaimed fans of the United States, or so they would have you believe. As two-time former AWF tag team champions they are looking to get their titles back soon.

Entrance Theme: The Fabulous Rougeaus theme
The_20Fabulous_20Rougeaus_large.jpg

The Acclaimed: The newest tag team in the AWF is also one of its hottest. While the young guns are are exciting in the ring, they’re also equally talented outside the ring as they demonstrate their talent as hip-hop artists before every match much to the chagrin of their opponents.

Entrance Theme: The Acclaimed's AEW theme
tenor.gif

Match: With the best tag team division on the industry, the AWF is the biggest draw for tag teams in all of wrestling. The newest team to be recruited to the promotion are The Acclaimed and have they made their presence known. With their in-ring ability and their penchant for hip hop antics they can humiliate their opponents both in and out of the ring. The Fabulous Rougeaus are seasoned veterans though and aren’t afraid to humiliate their opponents when given the opportunity. The two-time former AWF Tag Team Champions are looking to get back to the top of the tag team division.

Looking to spoof The Acclaimed, The Rougeaus come out with Quebec Nordique hats turned sideways and wearing chains. They do a rap in Fench that no one understands and are eventually drowned out to a chorus of boos. The Acclaimed’s music then hits...

Max Caster: “Yo... yo... hey... yo... uh, The Rougeaus say they can beat us but that’s just some propaganda, but we’re really not surprised ‘cause they’re just some hicks from Canada, Raymond thinks he’s cool ‘cause he’s got that douchy mustache, but everybody thinks he looks just like a piece of Quebec trailer trash, and don’t you get me started about your brother Jacques, he sucks so damn bad he should suck my... Yo I’m Platinum Max and his name be Anthony, and we’re The Acclaimed, you know, everything you wanna be.”

Anthony Bowens: “AWF! The Acclaimed have arrived!”

The Rougeaus are infuriated and attack The Acclaimed before the bell. The match is pretty even. However with the referee distracted Jacques hits Max Caster with The Acclaimed’s boom box. Raymond then gets the pin setting up a title match against the winners of the AWF Tag Team title match. Your winners, The Fabulous Rougeaus!
Interview:
Tony Schiavone: "And now we're going to go to the ring for a 'special' broadcast of Brother 'Love'."

tenor.gif

Brother Love: “I... loooove... you! And you know, love is something special. It is something special between a man... and a woman. My guest this week knows what it means to love a woman. He is Dave Schultz. Now Brother Schultz, you told me last week that you were looking for the love of a good woman, but that you couldn’t find it.”

Dave Schultz: “You know Brother Love, last week after AWF Madness in San Francisco I went out to find me a woman. I wanted a woman! But I didn’t find any women. All I found were a bunch of men that looked like women. Men like you Dalton Castle! You belong in San Francisco ‘cause...”

Tony Schiavone: "Hang on a minute here folks!"

0fx46S3.gif
AWF Television Championship Match
Dalton Castle (C) with Boys vs Dave "The Redneck" Schultz with Brother Love
Bios and Match:
Dalton Castle: The proud peacock of the AWF, Dalton Castle isn’t afraid to express himself to the AWF fans or his peers on the promotion’s roster. However don’t let his expressive nature and passion fool you as he is a capabale competitor in the ring. The relatively recent Television championship winner has more than utilized his new platform. Think Dalton Caslte of 2-3 years ago.

Boys: More than just Dalton Castle’s valets and doormats, the Boys are also capable with peacock feathers and are willing to risk themselves in the ring if need be.

Entrance Theme: Dalton Castle's ROH theme

9d205216eb24f6e0b64160ce443b6ac3.gif

Dave "The Redneck" Schultz: A proud and admitted “redneck”, Schultz is straight-laced and doesn’t have time for pansies. Equally interested in a good woman as he is hurting people, Schultz isn’t to be trifled with.

Entrance theme: "Redneck Paradise" by Kid Rock featuring Hank Williams Jr
KrE51J.gif

Brother Love: The AWF’s resident televangelist, Brother Love loves you, or so he claims. If his accent isn’t a dead giveaway, his Southern ideals are a dead giveaway as to where he’s from.

Entrance theme: Brother Love theme
OiJjkJ.gif

Match: While not as prestigious as the AWF World Championship, the AWF Television Championship is still coveted because it means delicates TV time every week on AWF Monday Madness. Dalton Castle has definitely taken advantage of that time to show the AWF fans what the promotion’s peacock is all about. However not everyone is a fan of Dalton Castle. Brother Love tops that list. He feels as though Dalton Castle doesn’t represent American values and he shouldn’t be representing the AWF much less getting air time every week. The televangelist thinks that Dave Schultz would be a much more suitable champion.

Despite his persona and even his size, Dalton Castle can stand with any number of competitors. Dave Schultz however is a rough and tumble competitor and the match is pretty even. Increasingly frustrated that Schultz isn’t winning handily, Brother Love gets on the apron to distract the referee. The Boys however aren’t going to let him interfere and and move to get him off the apron. However Brother Love isn’t slight and he isn’t budging. So the Boys each grab a leg and...

Tony Schiavone: “And the Boys here have just pantsed Bother Love! Joey, I think he’s wearing a red velvet thong...”

Joey Styles: “Oh my God!”

Schiavone: “I think Brother Love might be blushing but you can’t really tell. Anyway, the fans are loving this.”

An outraged Dave Schultz is distracted by the distraught Brother Love and Dalton Castle takes advantage. After a high knee to the back Castle is able to get Schultz up for the bang-a-rang. He then gets the pinfall on a dazed Schultz. Your winner and still AWF Television Champion Dalton Castle!
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Tony, I have here with me none other than Bray Wyatt. Hey, back there, you’re breathing kind of heavy on me. Now Bray Wyatt, tonight you face The Dark Order...”

Bray Wyatt: “'Dark Order? Dark? There is only one true 'dark Order' in the AWF Gene. That Dark Order is The Wyatt Family. The Dark Order are like a sunny day, a cold glass of sweet lemonade or children playing in the park. There are simply a gimmick, and nothing more. My family however... we know what true darkness is. We've lived that life Gene. We suffered that pain. Tonight The 'Dark' Order will suffer that pain as well when we are through with them. And all the AWF fans will ask 'whatever became of The Dark Order?' And I'll just say 'follow the buzzards.''
AWF North American Championship Match
El Gringo loco, "Love Machine" Art Barr (C) vs Mr Maple Leaf
Bios and Match:
El Gringo loco, "Love Machine" Art Barr: Ever since defeating former champion Lance Storm the self-proclaimed master of masks has turned his attention to defending his AWF North American championship rather than growing his collection of opponents’ disguises. A skilled technician as well as a high-flyer, he also isn't afraid to mix it up much less bend the rules. This is the maskless Art Barr of Los Gringos Locos.

Entrance Theme: "Magic Man" by Heart
Oqz5.gif

Mr Maple Leaf: There is plenty of speculation as to who Mr Maple Leaf really is, but the AWF newcomer’s talent is undeniable. Equally undeniable are his patriotism when it comes to his home country of Canada along with his disdain for the United States and Americans.

Entrance Theme: The Canadian national anthem
Lance-Storm-1200x675.jpg

Match: After years of collecting the masks of the best wrestlers in the business and being a general terror in Mexico before coming to the AWF, “Love Machine” Art Barr decided to focus more on titles and the collateral that comes with them. After defeating Lance Storm to become the AWF North American Champion earlier in the year, Barr has successfully defended his title against all comers will relative ease and his profile has risen as his skill is starting to be recognized. However what might have seemed like an easy title reign thus far change quickly three weeks ago when Barr was attacked backstage by Mr Maple Leaf. Little is known about Mr Maple Leaf apart from the fact that he is seemingly Canadian, wears a Maple Leaf mask and his trunks bear a strikingly resemblance to those of former champion Lance Storm. In fact he’s quite skilled in the ring and even looks the same size as Storm. It seems that the masked newcomer has put the champion off his game and got under his skin. Can Art Barr leverage his experience against unknown masked opponents and overcome his new challenger?

After Mr Maple Leaf makes his entrance and subjects the crowd to the Canadian National Anthem, Art Barr makes his entrance to the ring. The match is an entertaining affair as both Barr and Mr Maple Leaf are extremely skilled wrestlers. Eventually Barr takes advantage though. He hits the five star frog splash, but this is right after Mr Maple Leaf pulled the referee into the path of a dropkick. The referee can’t make the pin, so Barr lifts the head of Mr Maple Leaf off the canvas stopping the count.

Tony Schiavone: “Now what is Barr doing here Joey Styles? It looks as though he’s going to unmask Lance Storm, I mean Mr Maple Leaf.”

Tony Schiavone: “Wait a second though! Who is this? It’s two masked men in blue, white and gold. And they just attacked Art Barr. And now the one with the mustache is getting the referee to his feet while the other one is putting Mr Maple Leaf on him for the pin.”

Your winner and new AWF North American Champion, Mr Maple Leaf!
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Now what do you call that ‘Mr Maple Leaf’? That was interference from...”

Mr Maple Leaf: “If I could be serious for a minute...”

Mean Gene: “Yeah, why don’t you be serious and take off your mask... Lance Storm!”

Mr Maple Leaf: “Normally I’d take that sort of thing as an insult, but Lance Storm is a great Canadian just like myself. And just like my friends here, Fleur de Lis.”

Mean Gene: “Really? Do you really expect me to believe that’s who you guys are? You’re the Rougeaus! You know you guys might want to think about changing your tights and not just wearing a mask if...”

Mr Maple Leaf: “Listen here Okerlund, this is serious business and we’re serious competitors. It’s not our fault your country is consumed with baseless conspiracy theories like your conspiracy theory that I’m Lance Storm and they are the Fabulous Rougeaus. Now that I am champion I am renaming this title the Canadian 100kg and over Championship. It’s not my fault you Americans don’t understand the metric system. It’s also not my fault that the best your country has to offer is Art Barr. Now that I am champion I will defend the title like a true champion, like a true Canadian.”
Bullrope Handicap Match
Stan "The Lariat" Hansen vs Tajiri, Sanada and Evil of the Yakuza with Mr Fuji
Bios and Match:
Stan "The Lariat" Hansen: After a long and successful stint in Japan the punishing Hansen has made his return to the States and only the AWF would do. Looking to make his mark both literally and figuratively, the big Texan bruiser is ready to kick ass and take names.

Entrance Theme: "All my Exes live in Texas" by George Straight
tumblr_nebnreQ3Em1u1urgoo3_400.gif

Mr Fuji: A former wrestler himself, Fuji is now one of the most formidable managers in wrestling today. His Yakuza faction is the most feared group in all of Japan. However Mr Fuji has now brought the group to the AWF, though their agenda isn’t one of conquering the promotion as the diabolical Fuji has something else in mind.

Entrance theme: Tajiri's WWE "Green Mist" theme
Classic_Photos_06_13.jpg

Tajiri: “The Japanese Buzzsaw” is the fixer of Mr Fuji’s Yakuza faction and one of the most dangerous men in the AWF today. Not solely limited to his in ring ability, Tajiri’s green mist is as menacing as his wrestling repertoire.

tenor.gif

Sanada: Sanada was an aspiring baby face and Japanese wrestling fan favorite before Mr Fuji got a hold of him. Trading hard work, dedication and his dark hair for Fuji’s Yakuza, the now blonde and bearded Sanada started wining titles in Japan. He now uses his talent for Fuji’s bidding.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6d44517a4870694a3150434f64513d3d2d3730303436353033372e3135383730336530323230353236623238383933353038333634312e676966

Evil: The Yakuza’s muscle, Mr Fuji trained Evil himself. The Japanese strong man now leverages his learnings to not only defeat his opponents but also inflict pain.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6a4a567a736859415f4f475479413d3d2d38342e313537626134386433633132323861303331393538333630383436382e676966

Match: In order to provide for his fat wife and eight kids, Stan “The Lariat” Hansen has decided to come home from Japan to the riches of the AWF. His legacy in Japan, a path of destruction through anyone he encountered, won’t seen be forgotten though. Certainly not by the diabolical Mr Fuji. Not only did a young Hansen ruin Mr Fuji’s wrestling career with a lariat that give him a neck injury, but he’s outmaneuvered every attempt of the cunning Japanese manager to get his revenge. Consumed by his hatred for Hansen, Mr Fuji has put together a collection of some of Japan’s most dangerous wresters today, which he calls “The Yakuza”. Together the faction has come to the United States and the AWF to seek out Hansen and get their revenge. Thus far they’ve made a good go of it too as they’ve strategically timed their attacks on Hansen and consistently got the better of the big Texan. However the Texan has had enough and wants to end this “bullshit” once and for all. So Mr Fuji challenged Hansen to a handicapped match vs The Yakuza. Hansen agreed, on the stipulation that it be a bullrope match.

Once the bullrope is affixed to all the competitors, Stan Hansen wastes not time going on the offensive. The strategy proves effective along with the big Texans experience with a bullrope. He’s able to overcome the numbers for early stages of the match. However the numbers eventually take their toll. Despite that Hansen is able to bullrope both Evil and Sanada after a pair of devastating Lariats. The Japanese Buzzsaw Tajiri proves more cunning and elusive however. When Mr Fuji gets involved and holds Hansen against the ropes, it’s time for the mysterious green mist of Tajiri. However the big Texan ducks the mist which goes straight into the eyes of Mr Fuji. While Tajiri is tending to the boss, Hansen reaches into his trunks and pulls out a packet of chewing tobacco. He stuffs a wad into his mouth and when Tajiri turns around Hansen spits the tobacco into Tajiri’s eyes.

Tony Schiavone: “That must be what you call ‘brown mist’.”

Joey Styles: “Oh my god! That’s disgusting!”

He then delivers a crushing lariat to the stunned Tajiri and bullropes him for the win. Your winner Stan “The Lariat” Hansen!
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Thanks Tony, I’m here with Maxwell Jacob Fried..."

Wardlow clears his throat.

Mean Gene: “Ah, yes, my apologies. King Maxwell I, tonight you face New Jack who...”

King Maxwell I: “Who is beneath me and who shouldn’t even be allowed in the same ring as I. Fortunately for you and my AWF subjects I am not so magnanimous that I can’t face him and bequeath my superior wrestling knowledge to him. Don’t let my crown fool you Gene, I am still salt of the earth. And yet tonight I will use my regal wrestling ability to defeat New Jack and his inferior street tactics. After I’ve done so my inaugural reign will be celebrated with a royal jubilee where my AWF subjects will celebrate my reign as AWF King of the Ring because they know I’m better than they are.”
AWF Cruiserweight Championship Match
"No gimmicks needed" Chris Candido (C) with Sunny vs "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara
Bios and Match:
"No gimmicks needed" Chris Candido: Cruiserweight champion Candido is one best technical wrestlers in the AWF today. Also one of the best pound for pound men in the promotion, Candido’s is envied by his peers just as much for his sultry valet and girlfriend Sunny as he is his technical prowess.

Entrance Theme: "Perfect Strangers" instrumental by Deep Purple
Pk7hPV.gif

Sunny: The sexiest star on the AWF roster, Sunny is never left wanting for male attention. Leveraging her good looks not only for the cameras, Sunny has been integral to Chris Candido’s rise to the Cruiserweight championship as well as his reign as champion.

Entrance Theme: Sunny's WWE "I know you want me" theme
FewBlandAdamsstaghornedbeetle-max-1mb.gif

"The Spanish God" Sammy Guevaraunny: The self-styled “Spanish God”, Sammy Guevara is arguably the AWF’s hottest Cruiserweight. Of course he thinks so and is always leveraging how hot he thinks he is and telling the AWF’s female talent and fans to hit him up.

Entrance Theme: Sammy Guevara's AEW theme
sammy-guevara-bored.gif

Match: Chris Candido has had it all for months now. He’s the AWF Cruiserweight Champion and he’s got his sexy girlfriend Sunny by his side. However recently he’s been unsettled by the AWF’s newest Cruiserweight roster member, the self-titled “Spanish God” Sammy Guevara. As confident in his looks as he is in his in-ring ability, if not more so, Guevara is always telling the ladies to hit him up. When he did this to Sunny he got the ire of Chris Candido. That worked for Guevara though as he got his title shot. Since then Candido has become even more jealous after Guevara told him it’s not his fault Sunny started sexting him. Sunny of course denied the accusation, but the whole scenario has put the champion into a rage.

With Sunny in the locker room at the direct order of Chris Candido, the feud finally becomes all about the match itself. This suits the champion a he seems to focused on winning. However after Guevara gets the upper hand, even vlogging the match while it’s in progress, Sunny makes her way to the ring. As she distracts Guevara teasing some flesh the champion approaches from behind, but Guevara ducks his charge and Candido instead connects with Sunny sending her to the floor. As Candido calls to her Guevara grabs him from behind and gets him up for the GTH and then gets the three count. Your winner and new AWF Cruiserweight Champion “The Spanish God” Sammy Guevara! After the match as Guevara passes her Sunny grabs his arm she starts talking to him in a seeming suggestive manner. Then she moves to kiss the new champion, but Guevara puts his hand up and she ends up kissing his palm. Guevara makes his way to the back as a furious Sunny shouts at him and makes her way to her boyfriend Candido who is out cold in the ring.
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Tony, I am here with none other than New Jack who is set to face King Maxwell I...”

New Jack: “King Maxwell? He ain’t royalty! He’s another damn redneck in disguise! And tell me this Mean Gene. How the hell can he get air time when he’s in black face!”

27b2f2a62af5de8de0d989a181cd8f3d4dc8d12a_hq.gif

Mean Gene: “Black face? Oh, I think you’re referring to his, uh, spray tan.”

New Jack: “Spray tan? That’s just another thing invented for white folks. And he’s going on about being the salt of the earth? Well I’m the pepper of the earth mother******. Now tonight I’m going to show King Redneck I what a real King is like. I’m a King of the streets Gene Okerlund. I don’t have no butler or barrister or any of the queen’s damned undies! I’ve got a criminal record and a college education and after tonight I’m going to have a crown to show for it."
AWF Tag Team Championship Match
The Rock 'n Roll Express (C) vs The Young Bucks
Bios and Match:
The Rock 'n Roll Express: The number one tag in the AWF and in the World at the moment, The Rock n Roll Express are the five-time AWF World Tag Team Champions. With their natural chemistry they've turned tag team wrestling into an art form as they are masters of the quick tag and great double team moves. Their ability in the ring is match by their popularity outside the ring as wrestling fans, particularly of the female variety, blow the roof of the arena every time they come down to the ring. Think early to mid 80s Rock n Roll Express.

Entrance Theme: "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin
48b46d11d2ae7ce7f03c0e2f2b0b8b2fab520f0d.gifv

The Young Bucks: The hottest tag team in the AWF and all of wrestling, The Young Bucks seem poised for tag team greatness. However they’re equally hot outside the ring as they have been challenging The Rock n Roll Express outside the ring as well with the ring rats screaming just as loud when the Bucks come through the curtain.

Entrance Theme: The Youngbucks' "Superkick Party" theme
giphy.gif

Match: The Rock n Roll Express have been the best tag team in the AWF and wrestling as a whole for years now. The seven time AWF Tag Team champions hold the record for the promotion. Always popular with the fans, especially of a female persuasion, they’re the biggest tag team draw in the world. However a new tag team has burst onto the AWF scene in the last year and The Young Bucks are seemingly as popular as the champions. This seems to have got under the skin of the Rock n Roll Express. In fact they threw training bras in the faces of The Bucks on an episode of Monday Madness telling the challengers they can’t get real women like the champions.

In a true tag team classic, The Young Bucks have been able to hold their own with The Rock n Roll Express. Indeed the champions are increasingly frustrated as even their signature double dropkick can’t secure a pinfall. This eventually leads to the champions taking advantage of the distracted ref as Ricky Morton hit Nick Jackson below the belt and between the legs which eventually leads to the pinfall. The crowd is stunned and the young female fans are in tears as they digest what had happened to The Young Bucks and the heel turn of The Rock n Roll Express. Your winners and still AWF World Tag Team Champions, the Rock n Roll Express.
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Now you just wait a minute here Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson. How do you explain what we just saw out there?”

Ricky Morton: "What you just saw Gene, whoo, was the greatest tag team in wrestling assert their dominance. The Young Bucks thought they were going to become AWF Tag Team champions tonight, and they were dead wrong. But hey, they've got all those girls that can console them. In the meantime Bobby and I are going to hit the town with some real ladies and celebrate another successful title defense."
AWF King of the Ring Match
King Maxwell I (R) with Wardlow and Lord Mark Sterling vs New Jack
Bios and Match:
King Maxwell I: Maxwell Jacob Friedman, or MJF as he was otherwise formerly known, is one of the biggest stars in the AWF. How big might be debatable, but there’s no question he’s the promotions most arrogant wrestler. The former Television champion has graduated to the AWF’s first ever “King of the Ring.” Embracing his new found title, King Maxwell I only responds to “your Highness.”

Entrance Theme: "Rule Britannia"
mjf.jpg

Wardlow: King Maxwell I's “muscle”, Wardlow is his highness' Royal Guard. One of the biggest men in the AWF, Wardlow is a forced to be reckoned based on his strength alone.

4c0221bdadcb68603aded7ae96b03bb838c79897.gifv

Lord Mark Sterling:
Formerly MJF’s personal lawyer, “Smart” Mark Sterling, he is now his highness’ Royal Barrister. The self titled “most intelligent man in professional wrestling” has had a tough go of late though after his last match with New Jack..

118170036_106010694557213_641997415040003519_o.jpg

New Jack: Think New Jack from Smokey Mountain Wrestling in terms of his look and his promos. However in the ring think ECW New Jack. Unafraid to speak his mind to anyone about anything, the AWF has had to put out the disclaimer that all of New Jack's views are his own and not that of the AWF. New Jack is also unafraid of anyone and is willing to do whatever it takes to win even if it means putting himself in harm's way.

Entrance Theme: "Natural Born Killaz" by Dr Dre and Ice Cube
mqdefault.jpg

Match: Maxwell Jack Friedman is coming up on the one year anniversary as the inaugural King of the AWF having won last year’s King of the Ring tournament. The arrogant and pompous MJF proclaimed that the title is just a formality as he has always been wrestling royalty. That said he now goes by King Maxwell I, or “your highness”. However the time has come to defend his crown and unfortunately for MJF his opponent is none other than the original gangsta himself, New Jack. Having left a bloody wake in his run through the King of the Ring qualifying tournament, New Jack’s disdain for his highness is well known. Leading up to the match New Jack faced King Maxwell I’s Royal Barrister, Lord Mark Sterling, who was so badly beaten he is now in a wheelchair.

As he deems it fit to wait for no man, especially the likes of New Jack, King Maxwell I makes his way to the ring with his Royal Guard Wardlow. They are proceeded by a group of trumpeters in regal dress that announce the arrival of the King of the Ring. Wheelchair ridden, Lord Mark Sterling stays at the top of the ramp. As Wardlow removes his highness’ robe New Jack’s music hits. However New Jack doesn’t go to the ramp…

Tony Schiavone: “Well it’s New Jack interrupting King Maxwell I’s disrobing here folks, and what’s this! He’s going straight for Lord Sterling. What is he doing? He just pushed Lord Sterling off the top of the ramp! The trumpeters are running into the crowd.”

Tony Schiavone: “And now Wardlow is stepping out of the ring to meet New Jack, but New Jack ducks the clothesline and now he’s just thrown Wardlow into the ring post! Well that will stop the big man. And what’s this? He’s got handcuffs! New Jack just handcuffed Wardlow to the ring post!”

Joey Styles: “Oh my god!”

Tony Schiavone: “Well now we’ve got a fair fight for this one.”

Despite being stunned by New Jack’s entrance, King Maxwell I recovers and uses underhanded tactics, or his royal rules as he calls them, to take advantage. New Jack keeps kicking out of his highness’ pin attempts and none of Maxwell I’s finishing moves are working. Finally, after his highness “accidentally” hits the official Wardlow tosses the royal ring to King Maxwell I. However New Jack intercepts, hits his royal highness with the ring, knocks him out cold and gets the referee for the pin. Your winner and new AWF King of the Ring, New Jack! After the match New Jack dons the crown and walks off, wearing MJF’s ring.
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Tony, I'm back in the dressing room here with The Dark Order, and guys, I have to ask you what the gameplan is tonight? You're down a man in your War Games match against the Wyatt Family which starts momentarily. What are you going to do?”

Evil Uno: "Gene, we're going to fight to the last man! We may be without a leader, but that doesn't mean we're going to lay down. Each and every one of us is going to dig deep and take it to The Wyatts. Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!"

Stu Grayson: "YEEEESS!!!"

tenor.gif
War Games Match
The Wyatt Family vs The Dark Order
Bios and Match:
Bray Wyatt: In terms of look he's the very early Bray Wyatt of Florida wrestling and TNA, but in terms of physique he's the The Fiend. New to the AWF he and his Wyatt Family have made quite the splash and his promos are like nothing the AWF fans have ever seen.

Entrance Theme: Wyatt Family theme
bray_wyatt_photostudio_2_by_windows8osx-d5h9bqb_crop_north.jpg

Bo: Bray Wyatt's brother Bo was the first member of the Wyatt Family stable. A very gifted wrestler he enjoyed a brief stint as the United States Champion, he's had little success since then. Formerly a fan favorite and always smiling, since coming under his brother's influence he never smiles anymore and in fact his long can often times hide his face altogether. However his ability in the ring has remained unaffected. In fact he's found a ruthless string never seen before in his early days in the AWF. Imagine Bo Dallas in the Wyatt family, he wears cut off jean shorts which are somewhat short and an unbuttoned flannel with the sleeves cut off.

f978a683cd4d9ff4-600x338.jpg

Cousin Otis:
Bray Wyatt's cousin from northwestern Florida, Otis is a newcomer to the AWF. Despite being new to the promotion, he's already well known as he's used his size to brutal effect in the few matches he's been in. Think current day Otis Dozovic, but imagine him in the Wyatt Family. He wears black trunks, a cutoff denim jacket over a cutoff white t-shirt that looks like it's seen better days.

dozovic-otis-image.jpg

Rowan:
Rowan is the first Wyatt Family member to join the group who wasn't directly related to Bray Wyatt himself. However Rowan is a childhood friend of Wyatt's when they grew up together in northwestern Florida. A monster in the ring whose loyalty to Bray Wyatt is beyond question. Think Rowan of the Wyatt Family with the green jumpsuit and white sheep mask.

erickrowan.jpg

"The Black Sheep" (Braun Strowman):
His The newest member of The Wyatt Family, The Black Sheep has left a path of destruction in his wake. Relatively unknown apart from the physical monster and imposing figure he is in and even out of the ring. identity is revealed in the match notes, but the Black Sheep is an imposing figure. He wears old,dirty jeans, a dirty white tank top with a cutoff army shirt jacket over it.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f71527151315f554c334e6d4e44673d3d2d3434343237313937302e313464333836633165343735333666653433303038313232363239302e676966

Evil Uno: The closest thing to a leader The Dark Order knows after the passing of their former leader, Evil Uno continually tries to keep the faction together and moving forward. While he doesn’t seem as though he’d be as talented as some of the rest of the AWF roster, Evil Uno is much more than meets the eye.

Entrance Theme: Dark Order theme
Celebration.gif

Stu Grayson: The toughest member of the Dark Order and arguably the best pound for pound wrestler in the AWF if not the entire industry. Whether in tag or singles competition, Stu Grayson is a force to be reckoned with.

Entrance.gif

Ten: The Dark Order’s strong man, the masked Ten has really blossomed during his time with the faction. Tipped to be a future star in the AWF, the impressive physical specimen nearly won the Television title earlier this year.

tenor.gif

John Silver: The Dark Order’s “big little man”, John Silver is another Dark Order member who has blossomed since joining the group. While focused on tag team wrestling at present, he seems primed to be a future AWF Cruiserweight Champion. Along with his tag team partner Alex Reynolds he is one of The Dark Order’s Recruitment Specialists, though it’s clear his talent lies more so in the ring.

tenor.gif

Alex Reynolds: The tag team partner to John Silver in the ring and outside the ring as a Recruitment Specialist, Reynolds is yet another Dark Order member who has grown since joining the group. Equally adept in a tag team match or a singles match, Reynolds looks another AWF talent for the future.

alex-reynolds.png

Alan “Five” Angels: Another talented Dark Order recruit, Angels is also seeing his AWF star on the rise. Another potential future Cruiserweight contender, Angels has a bright future ahead of him.

Entrance%2B1.gif

Colt Cabana: Arguably the most known Dark Order recruit to day, Cabana is now an experienced veteran. Despite his initial reluctance, Cabana is now a committed member of the faction.

tenor.gif

Match: While one wouldn’t be crazy to think the factions might be more likely to be allied as opposed to rivals, it couldn’t be further from the truth with regards to The Wyatt Family and The Dark Order. After the passing of the Dark Order’s leader, a former Wyatt Family member himself whose defection started the feud, The Wyatt Family has escalated affairs and The Dark Order’s very existence looks to be in peril after constant attacks by The Wyatts. Indeed The Dark Order has seen Alan “Five” Angels, Alex Reynolds and Colt Cabana suffer injuries at the hands of The Wyatt Family in the last month. This has left The Dark Order one man short for their big match against The Wyatts, a 10-man War Games match! In fact if The Dark Order don’t have a fifth man when the fifth man is called on they will be at a disadvantage and one man short to finish the match. Having had no recent success in their recruiting efforts, it could be left to one The Dark Order’s injured members to fill the void. Further complicating matters, The Wyatt Family got the advantage of the draw and will get their second member and so on to the ring first.

After the factions are locked in their respective cages, Stu Grayson and Bo start the match. Rowan is next to the ring giving The Wyatts the advantage. Evil Uno provides a spark though and he and Stu Grayson demonstrate their experience and show why they are one of the AWF’s best tag teams. That soon changes though when Cousin Otis hits the ring. The tide changes again though when The Dark Order’s Ten comes out and adds some size. However even Ten can’t help overcome the numbers when Braun Strowman hits the ring. The monster Black Sheep manhandles his opponents. A seemingly possessed John Silver gives The Dark Order a brief respite, but the maniacal Bray Wyatt makes his way to the ring laughing. He directs traffic and delivers a Sister Abigail to every member of The Dark Order. The clock finally goes for The Dark Order’s final participant. Alan “Five” Angels on crutches, Colt Cabana with a neck and head brace and Alex Reynolds with his arm in a sling alll look to the back. However no one answers. The referee finally tells them that if no one appears in the next ten seconds the match officially starts and The Wyatt Family will maintain it’s numbers advantage. Outnumbered and outmuscled The Dark Order are in real trouble. Alex Reynolds starts to take off his sling. But then...

b6822d58c62b22a7a97a402d3a1366b7067d8937.gifv

Tony Schiavone: “Could it be? It is!!! It’s Hangman Adam Page!!!”

Tony Schiavone: “And he has a beer in his hand! He just nodded to Angels, Cabana and Reynolds who are all shocked as Hangman had turned down their many recruitment advances. And he just handed his beer to the official as he enters the ring!”

Hangman Page rallies The Dark Order just as everything seemed lost. As good as The Dark Order are their performances are elevated. Eventually Page hits a Buckshot Lariat on Bray Wyatt and gets the pinfall. Your winners are The Dark Order and Hangman Adam Page!
AWF Intercontinental Championship Match
"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes (C) vs Finn Balor
Bios and Match:
Cody Rhodes: In terms of his look he's the Cody Rhodes of AEW today, but without the neck tattoo. When he's not in the ring he's wearing a suit. In the ring he's that very same Cody Rhodes. The former golden boy and "franchise" of the AFW Rhodes is primed to be World Champion someday.

Entrance Theme: Cody Rhodes theme "Kingdom"
giphy.gif

Finn Balor: Fomerly the “Demon” of the AWF, Finn Balor is now simply... Finn Balor. Gone is the face paint and the stylized ring attire and all you see now are black trunks and a black leather jacket. Think present day NXT Balor. Confident in his abilities and a straight shooter Balor is hungry for the gold around his waist that he feels he deserves.

Entrance Theme: Finn Balor's "Catch your breath" theme
tumblr_p78ttlEuPX1rmv1vdo1_540.gif

Match: Cody Rhodes has been the AWF Intercontinental Champion for over a year now. Consumed by the his success and focused on his legacy he’s defended his title on six continents and taken on all comers. However no one has really looked capable of posing a serious challenge to the American Nightmare. Enter Finn Balor. Formerly the “demon” of the AWF, Balor has dropped the face paint and demon ring attire for black trunks and boots. As Balor himself says, “what your see is what you get. I don’t need the face paint to become champion.” And Balor is right as he beat Rhodes in a non-title bout on Monday Madness a month ago.

Taking a page of Balor’s book, the champion Rhodes alters his appearance. The American Nightmare promised to live up to his name and the “American nightmare” face paint consisting of a sinister red, white and blue look certainly lends to that. A true modern wrestling spectacle, neither man disappoints. However Rhodes with his newfound edge really shows Balor what it takes to be champion and gets the pin after delivering the crossroads. With victory not being good enough, the champion puts Balor in the figure four and doesn’t break the hold until multiple officials hit the ring. Your winner and still AWF Intercontinental Heavyweight champion, The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes.
Interview:
Mean Gene Okerlund: “Whoa, whoa, now wait a second folks! I think I found the party in the back! Now Hangman Adam Page and The Dark Order, victorious tonight with a great victory in your War Games match against The Wyatt Family, I have to ask the question on everyone's mind Hangman. Have you joined the ranks of The Dark Order?”

Hangman Page: "Well Gene, I generally only like to a commit to a night out for some cold ones, but yes, I'm now a member of The Dark Order."

02f847ee962d28a6da99319488a4af65faca31fc.gifv

The Dark Order: "COWBOY SHIT! COWBOY SHIT! COWBOY SHIT!"

Hangman Page: "Hey Gene, is this a cult?"
AWF World Championship Match
"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs Sting
Bios and Match:
"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels: “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels is in his prime. He’s been the AWF World Heavyweight Champion for the last six months ever since his heel turn when he took the belt from his longtime friend and ally Sting. “The Showstopper” has become increasingly arrogant during this time which has drawn the ire of the AWF fans including the once admiring ladies. Undeterred the champion seems to be relishing his time at the top of the AWF.

Entrance Theme: Shawn Michaels' WWE theme
giphy.gif

Sting: The former AWF World Heavyweight Champion hasn’t been seen for months. However this isn’t the blonde haired stud with the colorful face paint the AWF fans grew to love. Instead Sting now has darker, longer hair and his face is painted black and white to match his new ring attire. Think prime WCW "Crow" Sting.

Entrance Theme: Sting's WCW theme
tenor.gif

Match: Allies no more after Shawn Michaels swerved Sting and turned heel in the process during their Triple Threat title match against Bray Wyatt six months ago, the two AWF icons now meet in the most anticipated match in the wrestling world today. The question is if Sting is interested in the title or simply revenge.

The encounter isn’t short of dramatics even before the opening bell. The champion ziplines to the ring to a dazzling light show.

hbk.gif

However the challenger takes both the crowd and the champion by even more surprise when drops down from the rafters prompting Tony Schiavone to exclaim “It’s Stiiing!” and Joey Styles to add “Oh my God!”.

tenor.gif

Despite the initial surprise from Sting the match is a real back and forth affair. Despite suffering three super kicks, Sting puts the Scorpion Death Lock on “The Heartbreak Kid” and the champion eventually taps out. Your winner and new AWF World Heavyweight Champion, Sting!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Without any further adieu, I present to you the first ever nWo HOSS-a-MaNiA!

nWo HOSS-a-Mania

Tagline: Versus The World

Background: The war between WCW and the nWo was nearing an end. WCW was on life support. Meanwhile, the WWF had all but snuffed out the rebellious ECW. With both of their opponents effectively on their death beds, the two dominating promotions turned their attention and aggression towards each other.

The nWo had grown exponentially to the point where its logical next step was to promote its first ever mega-show. Thus, nWo HOSS-a-Mania was conceived. The WWF and the nWo had been waging war for months. nWo’s Eric Bischoff felt the best way to finally eliminate his competition would be to defeat them in the ring, where it mattered. And so Bischoff issued both an invitation and a challenge to Mr. McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation. Show up in Atlanta and compete with the nWo’s most elite members at the nWo’s new showcase event, HOSS-a-Mania. Where better to put the final nail in the WWF’s coffin once and for all and claim total dominance over the professional wrestling industry?

“The following PPV is brought to you by the New World Order. “

We start off with the Wrestlemania Theme “Grand Spectacle” but after about 11 or 12 seconds “New new new new new new new world order” cuts in and the iconic Rockhouse music and a short black and white graphics package opens the PPV. We go to Michael Cole, in his finest denim shirt, on play-by-play, flanked to his right by the Living Legend, Larry Zybyszko on colour, and to his left by nWo member Louie Spicolli as the nWo’s resident broadcast journalist. Zybysko and Spicolli have a history as Spicolli would antagonize the Living Legend in the WCW and would immediately continue it here.

We go to the ring as Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. introduces a performance of God Bless America by Ashanti. Following that riveting performance, Lennon introduces our referees for this evening’s matches (with the exception of the main event), Nick Patrick and Mark “Slick” Johnson.

Match 1 – 3-man Tag Team Match - nWo Japan (Masa Chono, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Hiro Saito) vs. Team MMA (Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Don Frye).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTW2YkEIzqw

Finish – Shamrock gets Chono in the Ankle Lock and he taps out.

Following the match, we go to backstage interviewer Kevin Kelly who interviews Paul Bearer and a silent Kane regarding WWF Intercontinental Champion Kane’s champion versus champion match-up against the nWo US champion Lex Luger. Paul Bearer says the Big Red Machine will show no mercy to Luger or any nWo member that gets in Kane’s way. Kane nods in approval.

We go to the ring to find the nWo girls (Midajah, Tylene Buck, April Hunter, Kim Kanner and Pamala Paulshock) performing a chorographed dance routine for the delight of the attending fans.

Match 2 – Singles Match – Champion vs. Champion for the nWo United States Championship and WWF Intercontinental Championship – nWo US Champion “The Total Package” Lex Luger vs. WWF Intercontinental Champion Kane with Paul Bearer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9e4FToaASc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiRWY2LPDTQ

The Finish – Luger gets Kane up in the Torture Rack but Kane reverses and hits the Chokeslam and then then the Tombstone Piledriver for the win and new US Champ.

Michael Cole throws to Kevin Kelly who has The Giant for an interview. He askes The Giant does he think Mike Tyson has any chance against him. The Giant says this is a big show tonight and he’s bringing the big nasty, as he is the largest athlete in the world and Tyson doesn’t stand any chance against him in a taped fist match.

Match 3 – Taped fist match (win by pinfall or knockout) – The Giant vs. “Iron” Mike Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbYiNzrJBpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

The Finish – The Giant bounces off the ropes to try and hit Tyson with a running haymaker but Tyson catches him coming and using The Giant’s own momentum, hits him with a knockout punch.

They go to the parking lot where a large pink bus with many flashing lights pulls up and stops. The door opens and out steps Hacksaw Jim Duggan. He yells his trademark “HOOOOOOOOOOOOO” gives a thumbs up and says come on lets go. Off the bus steps a parade of scantly clad beautiful women, it’s the Ho Train. Bringing up the rear is the Godfather. Its Team Ho!

Match 4 – Tag Team Match - Vincent and Disco Inferno vs. Team Ho (Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Godfather) with the Ho Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbpYaGIwpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTW2YkEIzqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsKAVsTACYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R83ZHnJ5QwE

Team Ho enters the ring and the Godfather gets on the mic. He looks at the Disco Inferno and says he has an offer for him. He says he figures someone like the Disco Inferno hasn’t gotten laid in awhile. The Godfather’s offer is this; take off that nWo shirt, toss it away, leave the New World Order for good, and he’ll let the Disco Inferno leave right now with 2 of his finest Hoes, no charge.

Disco Inferno turns and asks the crowd who cheer in approval. Disco rips off his nWo shirt and walk across to joins arms with two of the Hoes as he leaves the ring, and leaves Vincent to fend for himself against the Godfather and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

The Finish: Now a 2 on 1, Team Ho makes quick work of Vincent, with the Godfather hitting the Pimp Drop followed up by a 3-point stance clothesline from Duggan for the pinfall.

Match 5 - Singles Match – Champion vs. Champion for the nWo Women’s Championship and WWF Women’s Championship – nWo Women’s Champion Torrie Wilson with David Flair vs. WWF Women’s Champion Sable with “Marvelous” Marc Mero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiRftpsZ5CE

The Finish – After being distracted by David Flair and Marc Mero brawling outside the ring, Sable hits Torrie Wilson with the Sable Bomb for the pinfall and unifies both Women’s Championships.

Match 6 – CNN Center Backlot Brawl – “The Worm” Dennis Rodman vs. “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna

We cut to the CNN Center were we find Rodman pacing back and forth wondering where Chyna is at. Chyna arrives and Rodman gets up in her face. Chyna doesn’t flinch and hauls off and hits Rodman with a solid right. Rodman is staggered and dazed. She hits him again and he begins to back away and tries to make a run for it. Chyna chases Rodman through the CNN Centre, knocking over whatever he can to imped her catching up to him. Eventually Rodman arrives in the parking garage where he finds Kyle Petty in the nWo race car. Chyna arrives to witness Rodman and Petty speed away. Chyna hears a car horn and someone asks if she needs a lift. The camera pans right and it’s the bWo! (The Blue Meanie, Big Stevie Cool and Hollywood Nova) in a blue and white car.
Now a paid promotional announcement from the New World Order
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2RAs-K0g-Q

And we go back to the ring where the nWo girls are performing once again.

Next is our musical guest. Here to promote their upcoming greatest hits album, lets hear it for the one, the only, Megadeth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoXZf-FZyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qzBGYG786Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVhJy-CR64Q

Match 7 – Dog-Collar Match – “Eazy E” Eric Bischoff vs. Mr. McMahon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQYGp__iD5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxjUPEz7Xc

The Finish – After a brutal and violent match which leaves both men bloodied, Eric Bischoff submits to Mr. McMahon after McMahon wrapped the chain around Bischoff’s forehead and squeezed until Bischoff tapped out.

Match 8 – Inter-promotional Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match – nWo Sting (nWo) vs. Meng (WCW) vs. The Sandman (ECW) vs. “Sexual Chocolate” Mark Henry (WWF)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVN3Awfs6Sc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QB3rLxyLyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76pGA6Qdxoc

The Finish – Henry, Meng and Sandman gang up on nWo Sting to eliminate him first. Sandman uses the Kendo stick to hit Mark Henry with a low-blow with the referee Nick Patrick distracted by Meng and gets the pinfall, leaving only Sandman and Meng. Meng still arguing with Patrick becomes incensed and punches him. Sandman hits Meng multiple times with the Kendo stick while Patrick was down but it doesn’t even phase Meng. Meng hits the Tongan Death Grip on the Sandman for submission and the win.

During another nWo Girl dancing performance, the nWo girls are attacked by the WWF Divas who emerged out of the crowd. (Ivory, Jacqueling, Terri Runnells, Tori and Ryan Shamrock. Security runs out and breaks up the brawl.

We go back once again to Kevin Kelly who has as his guest, the Governor of Minnesota, Jesse “The Body” Ventura. Jesse says to Kevin that he’d like to call him a bunch of derogatory names but since he’s the Governor of a State he’s going to be nice to him. Kevin asks Jesse that given his past history with Mr. McMahon and the WWF, will he be truly impartial as he has no beef with the nWo? Jesse says he ran as an Independent because he didn’t want to choose sides, and wanted to do what’s best for everyone. And that’s what he’s going to do tonight, call it down the middle and maybe end the war between the WWF and nWo once and for all.

Match 9 – War Games – The Match Beyond – nWo Wolfpac – “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Konnan, Buff Bagwell vs. D-Generation X – Triple H, X-Pac, Roaddogg, “Mr. Ass” Billy Gunn

Run DMC and the Chris Warren Band perform “The Kings” while DX rides to the ring together for the match on a tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOhmBZ6e1w

The nWo Wolfpac come out hanging off the sides of a semi-truck while they are lead to the ring by Ice T and Snoop Dogg performing their Wolfpac theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

Order of Entry:

Start – X-Pac vs. Konnan

1st Entrant – Buff Bagwell

2nd Entrant – Billy Gunn

3rd Entrant – Scott Hall

4th Entrant – Roaddogg

5th Entrant – Kevin Nash

6th Entrant – Triple H

The Finish – All 8 men continue to brawl in the ring for a considerable period of time. Most are bloodied. Suddenly through the crowd emerges Dennis Rodman and he’s still on the run. He begins to climb to the top of the cage when Chyna emerges from the crowd on the side opposite Rodman and begins to climb the cage. Horace Hogan and the Harris Brothers run down to try and prevent Chyna from getting to the top. The bWo runs out and starts brawling with Horace and the Harris Brothers. Chyna makes it to the top and kicks Rodman in the nuts and sets him up for the Pedigree on top of the cage. At the same time, Triple H now has Hall in a prone position ready for the Pedigree. Triple H and Chyna hit stereo pedigrees on Rodman and Hall respectively and get the pinfall victory in their matches.

The cage raises as we get ready for the main event of the evening. Jimmy Lennon Jr. announces the entrance of the special guest referee for the main event, Jesse “The Body” Ventura!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9WMUpLOqk

Ringside still looks like a warzone with multiple nWo and DX members surrounding the ring. Ventura does what he can to try and clear them out but most refuse to leave.

Match 10 - Singles Match – Champion vs. Champion for the nWo World Heavyweight Championship and World Wrestling Federation Championship – nWo World Heavyweight Champion “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan with Eric Bischoff vs. WWF Champion “The Doctor of Thuganomics” John Cena with Special Guest Referee, the Governor of Minnesota, Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1cQOpYGr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHwU9xM3AI

The Finish – After a back and forth contest the action escalates when Nash and Hall attempt to get involved while a stitched up Bischoff distracts Ventura. This prompts the DX members and nWo members at ringside to begin to brawl again. Chaos ensues outside the ring but inside it’s just Hogan and Cena. Suddenly the cage begins to lower while Cena is stomping on Hogan in a corner. It’s Mr. McMahon lowering the cage and leaving Hogan alone with Cena. Hogan begs for mercy but Cena shows Hogan none as he hits the F-U on Hogan for the 1-2-3.
McMahon joins Cena and DX in the ring. They are joined by Sable, Kane, Tyson, and Paul Bearer as they celebrate in the ring doing their signature poses and gestures, having unified all the singles titles and finally bringing the New World Order to it’s knees.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some random thoughts on my card:
  • It was actually really easy to put matches together that worked, or at least I think they do. Nobody feels out of place for me even if I missed a first choice or two.
  • Rougeaus vs Acclaimed was more about how to incorporate The Acclaimed. I was going to do a rap in French, but I don't speak of a lick of it past "merci" and so you can use your imagination. Also, as you'll see if you go through the card, The Rougeaus pop up again. Either way I love The Rougeaus and The Acclaimed are really growing on me.
  • Dalton Castle vs Dave Schultz is mostly about Brother Love. He was near the top of my list of things I wanted to do this year and so I had to come up with a story. I had plenty of ideas and it came down to who was out there to draft, but I think it worked well. Just thrilled to have Brother Love on my card.
  • Art Barr vs Mr Maple Leaf (you'll see who he is if you have a look) was somewhat about the two guys being available and at that point of the draft not sure where I wanted to go, but I think if you know my past cards and know these guys it works well. Very proud of the Mr Maple Leaf gimmick if I do say.
  • I think I had other ideas for the Yakuza, actually I did, but glad I missed the original target as their opponent as I think Hansen works as well if not better.
  • Candido vs Guevara was another "pick" match, but I think the storyline makes sense and it would be a great match.
  • Rock n Roll Express vs The Young Bucks is for me a tag team match that is pure fantasy. Fortunate to be able to get the R n R in a trade. Storyline works as well, though I'd have liked to have elaborated on it had I more time.
  • MJF vs New Jack was something I wanted to do and I wanted both guys regardless of that, but the King of the Ring idea came later.
  • Is it OK to mark out on your own card? Over the last year or so I've been actually watching some current day wrestling regularly again and that's down to AEW. I'm a BIG Dark Order fan after initially not liking them. The talent in that faction is through the roof. So I wanted to do something with them. I wanted Brodie Lee, but I think the storyline almost works better without him. Anyway, I was thrilled to find a gif that matches The Dark Order's final participant to t. Would love to see that entrance in that fictional setting.
  • Cody vs Balor is much more about the match than the story. I'm sure it shows. Balor was just out there and so I took him and then I came up with the idea. Very particular about the Balor I wanted to use though.
  • HBK vs Sting, well a classic we never got. Really think that would be a great match. Again, not so much about the storyline but the ziplining to the ring and that stuff all ties in nicely.
Overall for me I think the storylines work and the matches themselves would be really entertaining, but it's all subjective. Anyway, look forward to reading through the other cards and I hope folks enjoy mine.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A couple of thoughts on mine.

I knew going into the draft the focus would primarily be on Monday Night Wars/Attitude era time period as that is the time period in wrestling most familiar to me and I wanted to get that "out of my system" so to speak if we do this again in coming years. Once I had Hogan/Nash/Hall, I figured why not turn this into an nWo themed PPV?

Obviously I knew I couldn't draft ONLY nWo members nor would I get all of them (heck some were gone before my 1st pick) they would need opponents from other promotions. But I wanted to challenge myself to incorporate every single nWo member I could acquire and use logical booking, hence you see appearances from the likes of April Hunter, Kyle Petty and the Harris Brothers etc.

I admit my card is a bit light on technical wrestling, hence the name HOSS-a-MaNiA. If your coming to my card for a technical 5-star match-up you've probably come to the wrong wrestling show. This is meant to be a spectacle. And given the era it portrays, some of it is Russo-esque booking.

I think I got a few dream matches in their as well. Bishoff vs Vince, DX vs nWo Wolfpac, Hogan and Cena I think all qualify.

Finally, as a big fan of the nWo and the Attitude era in general (I was 17 years old when Austin won his first WWF belt), it always bothered me that the original incarnation and storyline didn't get a proper conclusion. It just sort of faded away in the first half of 1999, which is kinda sad considering it is one of the most important storylines IMO in the history of wrestling. It deserved a proper ending, which my card I think does a decent job of providing fans with a conclusion.

Reactions: les Habs

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Well I certainly am not going to let you two big up your card and leave mine to rust.

This is my first time using the same "promotion" (NACW) from one year to the next. Last year was inspired by early 90s/late 80s WCW, or just campy, neon fun in general. This year was inspired by studio wrestling but that eventually got away from me. I just ended up booking the best I could for my own tastes.

I really wanted it to serve as sort of a "snapshot" of my promotion. Rick Martel's booking is entirely framed to kind of drive that home. I wanted people to experience as though they are witnessing the middle of Martel's push to the main event. A squash match against Noble is something I definitely wanted.

Roderick Strong was inspired by Harley, Joey and Franky from Boy Meets World. Just high school bullies.

I have been looking to book Jazz the previous two years but could never find the right opponent for her. Some of her work in WWE circa 01/02 is impressive and shockingly ahead of her time.

Savage vs Nakamura is a dream match of mine. Originally wanted to do it last year but Savage was snaked on me.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
These are three good cards and if the three ways came out different I could have voted for each. But now if I can interject as everyone explains the things they put in their already wordy cards.... and I say this having a very wordy card myself...

HandsomeHolywood - Some good matchups here and I like some of the gaga. The Maryse segment is probably the highlight for me and I enjoy Martel getting the attention that he deserves as a wrestler and character. Rhodes vs. Regal is a great contrast that is very easy to imagine working and Styles vs. KENTA feels like a good TNA main event that somehow never happened. As always a very strong tag match with no weak link. I don't quite get the use of Strong but that's pretty minor.

Leshabs - Definitely some bold choices here, and most of them work for me. This card has some of the harshest promos ever in Schultz, New Jack, and MJF, and I like how each of them is used. I've long considered using New Jack and Schultz, despite neither being all that good in ring, but your usage of them all here is enjoyable. I also really enjoy the Rougeaus. I'm surprised that you went with Sting as the heel in Michaels vs Sting, but Michaels is my favourite wrestler ever and that match works no matter what angle is taken. Hansen using the "brown mist" is great and one of my favourite things from the draft. I do have to say though, I believe that this is the third year in a row you've used Barr in a mask match or pseudo mask match. I like Barr, I even used him in my first main event, but that's a bit much. At least I did enjoy the mask gaga in this instance and the creation of a new sort of gimmick. I also enjoy the potential of Sunny and Guevara and enjoyed the way that Sunny was presented. I don't love Rhodes vs Balor, but I do love the omission of Rhodes' horrible neck tattoo.

BruinDust - Very well realized card. I'm not a huge fan of inter-promotional warfare but you did a very nice job of laying it all out, selecting appropriate wrestlers, and giving background for it all. My favourite part was probably the little bit surrounding Disco ditching Vincent - felt extremely appropriate. My favourite match is probably the wargames match, which feels potentially messy but in the way that late 90s wrestling often felt messy, and that's a good thing. I have a strong dislike for Cena, and that takes away from the main event for me. You noted already that this is a very specific type of ard in terms of in-ring work. Sometimes that's good and sometimes it isn't. It's clear that you really have a good grasp of wrestling from the late 90s though so it all seems quite authentic, and I am a fan from that era.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@JackSlater Appreciate your comments as always and I agree with just about everything. Just want to clarify though, and hopefully it reads that way, but HBK is the heel and not Sting. Sting is the face.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
@JackSlater Appreciate your comments as always and I agree with just about everything. Just want to clarify though, and hopefully it reads that way, but HBK is the heel and not Sting. Sting is the face.

Looking at it again, you're right and it's my error reading it. You specified that Michaels was the heel so I don't know what I was reading there.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
@JackSlater

Thanks for the great feedback on all of our cards. It is very much appreciated.

Sometimes yes sometimes no I imagine. I figure that if people are going to put the effort in to draft the wrestlers and then present things in a certain way I can take the time to read them and write out a few of my thoughts. Depending on a few things I may have more... feedback of a different nature later on.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Leshabs - Definitely some bold choices here, and most of them work for me. This card has some of the harshest promos ever in Schultz, New Jack, and MJF, and I like how each of them is used. I've long considered using New Jack and Schultz, despite neither being all that good in ring, but your usage of them all here is enjoyable. I also really enjoy the Rougeaus. I'm surprised that you went with Sting as the heel in Michaels vs Sting, but Michaels is my favourite wrestler ever and that match works no matter what angle is taken. Hansen using the "brown mist" is great and one of my favourite things from the draft. I do have to say though, I believe that this is the third year in a row you've used Barr in a mask match or pseudo mask match. I like Barr, I even used him in my first main event, but that's a bit much. At least I did enjoy the mask gaga in this instance and the creation of a new sort of gimmick. I also enjoy the potential of Sunny and Guevara and enjoyed the way that Sunny was presented. I don't love Rhodes vs Balor, but I do love the omission of Rhodes' horrible neck tattoo.

Like I said yesterday, I pretty much agree with it all. Schultz and New Jack are there for their respective personalities and now they would much up to their respective opponents. I think I had someone else in mind with the Brother Love angle, but I think they both work well it. It was really all about including Brother Love for me. Oh, and as for Barr, totally get it and figured someone would say as much. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at that stage in the draft and had some matches to find for the card. Seeing Barr out there I had to grab him as I think he was an incredible talent. The difference this year though for me is that while masks were part of the schtick in previous years, this year it's less about Barr obtaining a mask and more about the persona of Mr Maple Leaf (Lance Storm). Despite a match between the two surely being very entertaining, I thought that angle added some spice and humor and I think Lance Storm trying to disguise himself with just a mask and yet still cutting the same "if I could be serious for a minute promo" would be quite funny. And Rhodes and Balor are more about the in-ring match which I think would be entertaining. That's why the storyline was lacking. I had an idea to bring Stacy Kiebler back as Mrs Rhodes and a prior encounter with Balor wearing a "F*** me I'm Irish shirt", but decided against it.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
This is a tough match-up for me. Outside of KingHollywood, the other two cards are battling it out for my approval. One has matches I'd like to see more whereas the other has a presentation I really like.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I have to go with les Habs here. Unfortunately for BruinDust nWo vs D-X bores me as I was never really big on either. I was always rooting against those factions as a kid. I will say though that BruinDust did very well in drafting and booking what he was going for. I like having BruinDust in the draft and I hope he participates again, if there are more to come.

I do like how les Habs presents his cards. I am a fan of the interviews and promos being sprinkled throughout the show, and specifically not right before their match either. It has a good flow to it and I absolutely loved Hansen vs the Yakuza. I also like the going all in on the King gimmick with MJF.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have to go with les Habs here. Unfortunately for BruinDust nWo vs D-X bores me as I was never really big on either. I was always rooting against those factions as a kid. I will say though that BruinDust did very well in drafting and booking what he was going for. I like having BruinDust in the draft and I hope he participates again, if there are more to come.

I do like how les Habs presents his cards. I am a fan of the interviews and promos being sprinkled throughout the show, and specifically not right before their match either. It has a good flow to it and I absolutely loved Hansen vs the Yakuza. I also like the going all in on the King gimmick with MJF.

If we do this again I will definitely participate again (provided I have the time). I enjoyed this exercise.

Your comments regarding my card is exactly what I sort of feared when I headed down that route of something very specific. That while the card itself is good I think, it appeals to only certain fans who enjoyed those factions and that era (along with the type of booking and match-styles). I'm not saying that is why I lost (you two had excellent cards), but it was a factor that didn't help my cause.

When Hogan vs. Cena is your best bet for a 5-star match, you probably haven't got much technical wrestling going on. I also don't think having two fairly polarizing figures in Hogan and Cena in my main event helped either but once I had Hogan I needed someone close to that 97-2002 era to face him who hasn't faced him before and was close to his level and other than Austin, Cena was the next closest option. Truth is I'm not even a Cena fan, I do love me some Hollywood Hogan though, one of the all-time great heel characters. Funny part is, I actually gained an appreciation for his "Dr. Thugonomics" entrance theme during this exercise, very very underrated entrance theme.

If you weren't really into that era or quite frankly weren't around when it happened, it probably doesn't mean much. If your 34 or younger, you probably don't care a whole lot for the Attitude/Monday Night War era, especially if you consider how often they hear how much "better" that era was than today (I'm not saying it is, it's totally subjective however I find the WWE does present it as such with all the nostalgia trips). It was really what "I" wanted to see (hence a Megadeth concert).

Thanks for the feedback @KingHollywood

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If we do this again I will definitely participate again (provided I have the time). I enjoyed this exercise.

Your comments regarding my card is exactly what I sort of feared when I headed down that route of something very specific. That while the card itself is good I think, it appeals to only certain fans who enjoyed those factions and that era (along with the type of booking and match-styles). I'm not saying that is why I lost (you two had excellent cards), but it was a factor that didn't help my cause.

When Hogan vs. Cena is your best bet for a 5-star match, you probably haven't got much technical wrestling going on. I also don't think having two fairly polarizing figures in Hogan and Cena in my main event helped either but once I had Hogan I needed someone close to that 97-2002 era to face him who hasn't faced him before and was close to his level and other than Austin, Cena was the next closest option. Truth is I'm not even a Cena fan, I do love me some Hollywood Hogan though, one of the all-time great heel characters. Funny part is, I actually gained an appreciation for his "Dr. Thugonomics" entrance theme during this exercise, very very underrated entrance theme.

If you weren't really into that era or quite frankly weren't around when it happened, it probably doesn't mean much. If your 34 or younger, you probably don't care a whole lot for the Attitude/Monday Night War era, especially if you consider how often they hear how much "better" that era was than today (I'm not saying it is, it's totally subjective however I find the WWE does present it as such with all the nostalgia trips). It was really what "I" wanted to see (hence a Megadeth concert).

I'm confident that putting out what you want to see yields the most interesting cards. Plenty of the GMs who have been in many drafts have things that they repeat again and again because they enjoy them. You can often tell the GM once you read the card, even if you didn't look at who made it. I enjoy that aspect. I'd say that this was the strongest three way because the GMs all put out what they wanted to see for the most part, and it didn't hurt that their tastes fairly closely matched my own.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017

I am actually a big fan of the era that had nWo and D-X's heydays, but I was always more of a Bret Hart/DDP guy. I also don't hate D-X and the nWo, but I do find them very played out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I am actually a big fan of the era that had nWo and D-X's heydays, but I was always more of a Bret Hart/DDP guy. I also don't hate D-X and the nWo, but I do find them very played out.

Love DDP, was hoping to get him in the draft.

DX/nWo played out? I would agree with that. I'm more a nWo guy than DX. I like the heel HBK/HHH/Chyna incarnation the best. The face version was just OK (even though that is the version used on my card).

On the flip side, I think millions of dollars was lost by not giving nWo a proper face run. nWo Wolfpac 1998 dipped their toe in the water for a few months, but ultimately nWo it was a heel group for the most part.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don’t vote for myself in this thing as I’ve said in the past, which isn’t to say I’m above it if I need to, but that’s it I won’t be voting here with the click of a mouse. A few thoughts though as both the cards are good.

@BruinDust I’m very impressed that you’re able to put the card together. While I think it’s pretty much impossible to make that sort of thing perfect unless you’re really really lucky with your picks or you make a big trade, you did a pretty good job here. The main event in the wargames match really mean that you pulled it off in terms of the storyline. As has been discussed both DX and the NWO they weren’t my favorites, but I appreciated the latter more and my biggest issue was how they were booked which was too powerful. Well it’s pretty minor I would probably switch a few matches here in there in terms of your card order, but that’s of course very subjective and very minor. The one thing I would look for in this sort of story though would be a swerve somewhere, either in the card itself or in the buildup.

@KingHollywood As usual you know how to put together a card and you’ve got a very focused vision and a lot of creativity. I think you and I have some similar views towards wrestling but I know we also have our divergences. I don’t really understand the whole Boy Meets World thing is I never watch the show, but I do like the bully aspect and how they conduct their business backstage. I think when I see some of the matches that I’m not necessarily sure of I then read your build and it totally makes sense. I think that really works well with Savage vs Nakamura. And I think you did it well with a tagteam match because when I see those opponents I sometimes think it looks like an exercise in drafting, but the fact that the FTR are the newcomers and the whole no contest thing make it work.

We’re I to vote for an opponent here it would be for @KingHollywood, but at the end of the day I think this is a very tough matchup for a first round and it stinks to see anyone go out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm confident that putting out what you want to see yields the most interesting cards. Plenty of the GMs who have been in many drafts have things that they repeat again and again because they enjoy them. You can often tell the GM once you read the card, even if you didn't look at who made it. I enjoy that aspect. I'd say that this was the strongest three way because the GMs all put out what they wanted to see for the most part, and it didn't hurt that their tastes fairly closely matched my own.

It really makes the creative side of it much easier, which like you said should lead to better cards. If we do this again next, for me it will be much more challenging now that I got my nWo/promotional warfare/attitude era-only card out of the way, I'll have to come up with something else entirely different and out of my comfort zone more using guys from era's I'm less familiar with or have less of an appreciation for.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

How much of this pertains to me I think, now that I think you were specifically referring to just me. For example I have used The Wyatts I think three out of four years. This year was so much less about them and so much more about The Dark Order and what I would wanna see with them. And obviously I’ve already talked about the whole Art Barr and Lance Storm thing. That’s said I think every year I’ve added something different that just isn’t in my wheelhouse or isn’t a talent that I ever thought I would use. I keep trying to challenge myself to do more of that and I think I could definitely do it more and so it’s going to be a focus going forward. I also do like some promotional continuity even though I don’t ever really set out to do it.

And Jack I forgot to mention that I was going to take Jim Cornett as part of the whole Rock ‘n’ Roll Express va The Young Bucks match.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t vote for myself in this thing as I’ve said in the past, which isn’t to say I’m above it if I need to, but that’s it I won’t be voting here with the click of a mouse. A few thoughts though as both the cards are good.

@BruinDust I’m very impressed that you’re able to put the card together. While I think it’s pretty much impossible to make that sort of thing perfect unless you’re really really lucky with your picks or you make a big trade, you did a pretty good job here. The main event in the wargames match really mean that you pulled it off in terms of the storyline. As has been discussed both DX and the NWO they weren’t my favorites, but I appreciated the latter more and my biggest issue was how they were booked which was too powerful. Well it’s pretty minor I would probably switch a few matches here in there in terms of your card order, but that’s of course very subjective and very minor. The one thing I would look for in this sort of story though would be a swerve somewhere, either in the card itself or in the buildup.

@KingHollywood As usual you know how to put together a card and you’ve got a very focused vision and a lot of creativity. I think you and I have some similar views towards wrestling but I know we also have our divergences. I don’t really understand the whole Boy Meets World thing is I never watch the show, but I do like the bully aspect and how they conduct their business backstage. I think when I see some of the matches that I’m not necessarily sure of I then read your build and it totally makes sense. I think that really works well with Savage vs Nakamura. And I think you did it well with a tagteam match because when I see those opponents I sometimes think it looks like an exercise in drafting, but the fact that the FTR are the newcomers and the whole no contest thing make it work.

We’re I to vote for an opponent here it would be for @KingHollywood, but at the end of the day I think this is a very tough matchup for a first round and it stinks to see anyone go out.

@les Habs Thanks for the feedback.

I got a bit lucky with my Goldust for X-Pac trade. I had Goldust as the opponent for Rodman but once I got X-Pac, I could put him in the War Games and take Chyna out, which lead to a better match-up IMO with Rodman vs. Chyna and him running away cowering from her and how that could then be tied into the finish of the war games. The idea of two matches starting at different times but ending at the same time I thought was unique and something I hadn't seen before (not to say it hasn't been done).

Funny you mention the order of the match-ups. This was one of the hardest parts BY FAR. Especially the main event. I'm a big believer in that in a wrestling card you have to give your audience a chance to breath so it can't be just main-event caliber match after main-event caliber match. So I wanted to incorporate some of that logic into the match order. Similar to having Chyna-Rodman than following up with the Megadeth concert. While the CNN Backlot Brawl is airing, the crew in the arena would be setting up the set for the Megadeth performance. That sort of thing. I debated for awhile how to lay out the War Games and Hogan/Cena match. My fear would be as a booker if Cena-Hogan went on earlier (say mid-card) and tore the house down, the audience would be spent for the War Games. Think WM X-8 or WM 25 where the main events couldn't follow up Rock/Hogan and HBK/Undertaker respectively, from an audience emotion standpoint. The audience's emotion was already spent. So I just decided to tie the two matches together by having one lead into the other with the War Games participants refusing to leave ringside.

I thought about doing a swerve or two, but I wanted to remain true to the factions involved, and as this show is sort of meant to be a conclusion or climax of the nWo angle, I felt a swerve might of given the indication that the storyline would continue.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@BruinDust yeah like I said the match order was very small and I completely understand letting people breathe. More importantly I understand what you’re saying about staying to the script with the factions in this being all about a conclusion. Makes total sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad