ATD Evolution

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
The draft was inspired by the hockey news top 100. We use to discuss that on the history of hockey board and our draft idea aka My stroke of genius idea was born..

We did the draft for a few years then we started the idea of the atd book which never got off the ground for myself becausei no longer had a computer then I was the victim of a flood. Good news I do now have 2 new computers.

I think we should consider doing a youtube channel discussing each round of the draft.

Which would include someone making a website so we could put content up to show on YouTube without copywriter infringment

My kids live on youtube thus the idea.

I'd be able to contribute financially towards a webpage. Which is only to complement the youtube contributors.

We would obviously plug the hell out of the atd draft on hfboards. It would be a good way to draw in new history of hockey enthusiasts and new potential GMs.

Any input is welcome .....

Reactions: tinyzombies

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Not to my knowledge

I wasn't on that website

I know we started ours in 2003 and I'm confident we were the first cause I recall searching for another alll time draft with no finds.

Probably a case of revisionist history

I know they came to our draft after that website closed because the owner was a habs fan and closed it.

Apparently there is bar that's been doing a atd for 30 plus years yrs.

Thats neither near or here.

Id like to hear of any ideas about the proposal?

Last edited:

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
My first ATD on the Leafs board (we co-GMed!) was in my last year of university, so either 2006 or 2007. I guess I was already in St. John’s by the time that crowd migrated to HFBoards, so maybe a year after that?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I was talking about a Leafs website. When I joined in 2004, many of the ATD GMs talked about it. I even followed a link to it once or twice. Can't recall its name exactly 15 years later.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
That I would watch. You would have to do a high quality one though with music and edits. Maybe get some grant money from the HHOF or govt or do it under SIHR's name? The history docs we have now are impressionistic - this would be detailed and fascinating.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Would be cool to do a small video draft in segments. Say 10 GMs. First segment, each GM announces their pick, and briefly explains what makes this payer worthy.

24 segments, 10-20 minutes per video.

Then at the end, maybe each GM gets a 10-15 minute video to explain what makes their team good.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Have co-GMs for each pick.
Split screen commentary on picks just before it, rationale for the pick, details of the pick.

Or, a host to interact with.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I joined HFBoards to join ATD3.

It was about one month after the History Board was created as a stand-alone board.

I never participated in the pre-2004 Leafs website that spawned the ATD at HfBoards.

I did suggest that their token few rounds of minor league call-ups be turned into a stand-alone Minor League Draft (MLD), which I administered in the early years.

I FULLY supported whomever (can't recall whom) wanted in 2009 to turn the twice yearly (fall & spring) draft into a once yearly (January start) exercise. The reasons were twofold: 1) post-WJC post-holidays winter freeze; 2) heyday of MLD in summer or fall. Heck, we had some awesome depth drafts: MLD, AAA, Double-A, Single A, and yes, even once a B draft (70slord and hedberg should remember that). Gawd, those were the glory days.

This year, after a 900-pick ATD, we should expect an epic MLD 2020.:) If 70slord and hedberg would bring the band back together again, I could die a happy man.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
In December 2007 I was researching Hockey History and discovered HF, the History of Hockey forum, and the January 2008 ATD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->