ATD Code of Conduct

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Just a general heads-up for the ATD to make this an enjoyable experience for every GM: be respectful and polite to each other. Veteran GMs, don't belittle less experienced GMs. Criticising a pick is okay, but don't do it in a manner that is suited to spoil the fun and drive people away. Newer GMs, respect the established practices and the experienced participants. For example, don't hurry people to make their picks. Sure, the process can test your patience at times, but every GM has the right to make full use of the clock.

It's presupposed that every participant is aware of these simple principles and behaves accordingly.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
.... Criticising a pick is okay, but don't do it in a manner that is suited to spoil the fun and drive people away. .. don't hurry people to make their picks...
I took a lot of crap for drafting McDavid as the 2nd line pivot last year. I am constantly harassed for not leaving a list while sleeping in a vastly different time zone.

Glad you got my back. :)

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I took a lot of crap for drafting McDavid as the 2nd line pivot last year. I am constantly harassed for not leaving a list while sleeping in a vastly different time zone.

Last year may have been too soon but after this past season McDavid already has a peak to rival a lot of 2nd liners imo. He's still missing career value, though.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Last year may have been too soon but after this past season McDavid already has a peak to rival a lot of 2nd liners imo. He's still missing career value, though.
Huh.

He has played like 20 games since i drafted him last spring.

This season has NOT started yet.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Finishing that season gives him another 2nd in pts and award voting on his resume.

The criticism was largely driven by
1) Him being probably the worst 2nd line center defensively in the draft
2) 13* playoff games (13 if you don't count the play in) *Edit: forgot the playin was long after our draft

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Eh, it was a swing for the fences type of pick but I don’t think it really ended up hurting us in the end. We wanted someone to match the Roadrunner’s speed and we clearly viewed him as the best pivot still on the board at the time even if his overall resume is light.

The records also now show that he centered a 2nd line for a team that made it all the way to the conference final in a 40 team ATD, by the way. :)

Reactions: Dirt 101

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Eh, it was a swing for the fences type of pick but I don’t think it really ended up hurting us in the end. We wanted someone to match the Roadrunner’s speed and we clearly viewed him as the best pivot still on the board at the time even if his overall resume is light.

The records also now show that he centered a 2nd line for a team that made it all the way to the conference final in a 40 team ATD, by the way. :)

Curious to see where some "modern" players go in a 24 or so team draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad