Atd-AAA#10 THE AAA DRAFT (sign up here)

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
VI, I just noticed something. There were actually 672 players and coaches selected in ATD10, not 762. Plus 288, plus 2, so the total number of ineligible players is now 962, not 1052.

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
There is NO time limit. We will make two (2) picks per day every day.

So for 12 days, there's a 24h time window during which you can draft two players whenever you want? And how do you define the time window? I assume it's going to be from midnight until the next midnight but on which time zone compared to Greenwich? -6 hours, -7 hours?

I'll join in if you answered 'yes' to the first question.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
the draft day will begin at 9:00 am eastern each day

which is the earliest to expect the majority of GMs to possibly be around to pick on any given day (early birds out west because 9am is 6am pacific)

i dunno what time that'd be in Greenwich

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
the draft day will begin at 9:00 am eastern each day

which is the earliest to expect the majority of GMs to possibly be around to pick on any given day (early birds out west because 9am is 6am pacific)

i dunno what time that'd be in Greenwich

Eastern time is GMT -5 I think. Which makes it -7 for me. So at 9 AM Eastern time it's 4 PM for me.

You did not answer my first question. :)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So for 12 days, there's a 24h time window during which you can draft two players whenever you want? ...
I'll join in if you answered 'yes' to the first question.
Yes. From 9am eastern onward you draft two players per day at the time of your choosing... that way it's easy to do as a GM and easy to administer as a commish... simply show up sometime that day and make your picks. If you miss a day, simply make up the picks on any following day(s). So if you're busy at work on Tuesday you could skip that day and make four picks on Wednesday. By the time we get to the AAA Draft, so many players have been passed over that draft order isn't so important. Pick first or second or third by showing up as soon after 9am eastern as possible,... or pick seventh or eighth simply because you show up on a given day later... the difference may be marginal...

So Triffy... does that mean you're in? Choose a CITY and NICKNAME for your club then to make it official.

Triffy

Jun 23, 2006
Helsinki
So Triffy... does that mean you're in? Choose a CITY and NICKNAME for your club then to make it official.

Yeah, I'm in. This way (2 picks a day with no drafting order) I'll easily have the time to take part.

My team will be from Helsinki. Helsinki Huskies.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1. VanIslander - Spokane Canaries
2. Hedberg - Daytona Beach Breakers
3. Evil Speaker - Lynnmour Ice Cream Men
4. EagleBelfour - Montreal Victorias
5. vancityluongo & seventieslord - Regina Pat Habs
6. spitfire11 - China Sharks
7. Kyle McMahon - Lynchburg Old Number 7
8. chaosrevolver & Boootthh - Japan Killer Whales
9. Triffy - Helsinki Huskies

We've got at least nine teams! ten would be great...
DEADLINE TO JOIN is Thursday at midnight.

The draft starts tomorrow. Think about it.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... Reading the thread makes me remember something...

Our ATD-10 team name was both a tribute to underwear and to Sonata Arctica...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad