LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
Forwards: I really like the dynamic duo of Apps
and Howe for the 67's, but I think Inglewood has more
offensive punch. I really like Hooley Smith with
Fedorov and Lafleur. I will give the advantage to
Inglewood for the 2 top lines, a draw for the checking
line and the advantage to the 67's on the 4th line.
Advantage: Inglewood

Defensemans: Both teams have a great quarteback
with Leetch and Clancy, but the 67's has the advantage
on defense, but by a small margin.

Goalies: I prefer Giacomin over the Chicoutimi
Cucumber.
Advantage: Inglewood

Intangibles: Well the 67's will dress a SOB in
Dale Hunter and Mr.Turtle, Claude Lemieux. Two guys
that could make the difference in this series. We all
know what Lemieux can bring in the playoffs (personnal
attacks, turtling, huge goals) and the only thing
missing on the Inglejack team is Pierre Turgeon.
Advantage: 67's

Who will win it: Inglewood in 6.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Any chance we could move one of these teams to another division, so that both can advance? It's a shame that a damn good GM will be done in the first round.

reck probably has the best first line in the draft. I've had my doubts about Firsov and some of his accomplishments due to the level of competition. No doubts about his status as a worthy first line LW in the ATD. And he's a lucky man, too. He gets to play with the best forward ever, Gordie Howe, and one of the best playmaking centres ever, Syl Apps. Two all-time top 40 players. arrbez has a very well-built first line, assuming Fedorov's head is on straight, and he doesn't fold in the pressure of being the undisputed No. 1 centre. (2001, cough, cough). Hooley Smith could be at C before the end of the series. And that's not a bad thing.

And reck has unarguably the best fourth line in the draft. He loaded up on fourth liners early. But Stasiuk-Hunter-Lemieux will be a nightmare to play against. Guys often underrate Hunter because of what they thought of him. He was great in the playoffs. They can score, hit, agitate, grind, play against the opposition's best line.

And yet they didn't come at a cost to the rest of reck's line-up, except in one department. (I'll get to that later). The second line is tremendous. The third line is loaded with hockey sense, which will come in handy against Fedorov and Lafleur, although a little more toughness might have come in handy. Especially against Hooley Smith, or Cook and Stewart if Sheppard's line is matched up against the second line.

Biggest concern for arrbez is Langenbrunner on the third line. I don't think he's good enough for that role. Especially matched up against the talent that Ottawa can throw out there. Okay as a fourth line/playoff ringer, but shutdown line duty? He's out of place.

I really do like Keith Magnusson, but he might find himself in trouble against the speed that arrbez has.

Clancy-Thomson is one of my favourite pairings in the draft. Great speed, toughness and playmaking ability. Imagine what Clancy would have done if he played at a time when defencemen were encouraged to join the rush. One of hockey's all-time good guys.

arrbez's best bets for winning lie in two areas. The first is coaching. It's Inglewood's one big edge. Day is one of the best ever. Ruff's an okay ATD coach. If you think that these two teams are close enough that it will come down to coaching, you have to go with Inglewood. Is it enough to overcome some of Ottawa's advantages. (Forwards and the first defence pairing).

One other big asset for the Jacks is their second pairing. Coulter-Watson is one of the best shut-down tandems in the draft. They'll have their hands full against the Apps line, but outside of Stanowski-Mortson, Coulter-Watson likely has the best chance of shutting down the Apps line of anyone in the division.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Just a couple things:

first, here's my pk/pp units. I guess I didn't have them on my roster page, but I had them in the assassination thread:

PP1:
H. Smith - Stewart - Lafleur
Leetch - Fedorov

PP2:
Cook - Roenick - Cleghorn
Anderson - Tregubov

PK1:
Klukay - Lepine
Coulter - Watson

PK2:
H.Smith - Fedorov
Siebert - Anderson

Secondly:

I've decided to tweak the lineup a little bit.

-I'll be moving Langenbrunner to the 4th, and inserting the extremely versatile Jack Marshall onto the 3rd line with Lepine and Klukay. Marshall was not only an excellent defensive player, but he brings some decent offense to the line as well. Cleghorn will move to centre on the 4th.
-Also of note, both Smith and Fedorov can play wing and centre, and they may interchange depending on the situation. At the moment though, I like the idea of Smith on the wing to match up with Howe. You can't shut a guy like Gordie down completely, but having two big, fast, bruising defensive aces like Hooley Smith and Joey Klukay facing him is about as good as you're going to get.
-I kinda whipped together my captains for the assassination thread. But now that I've had time to reflect on it, I'll be making a small change. Art Coulter will wear the C. I've been reading up on him at the library, and he's not only mentioned as a fantastic leader, but also a guy who really stepped it up when the responsibility was given to him. He's going to be seeing a lot of Gordie Howe, and I need him at his most inspired.

And so my lineup will look as such (hopefully a mod can edit the original post quickly):

Smith - Fedorov - Lafleur (A)
Cook - Stewart (A) - Roenick
Klukay - Lepine - Marshall
Sorrell - Cleghorn - Langenbrunner

Leetch - Seibert (A)
Coulter (C) - Watson
Anderson - Tregubov

Giacomin
Smith

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Why Ottawa will win:

- Mr. Hockey. A little-known fact about Howe is that he won six playoff scoring titles (as many as Gretzky). He played his best hockey in the postseason looks great next to two-time leading playmaker Syl Apps. Add in Firsov's tremendous skill and this line is very difficult to contain.

- Giacomin in the playoffs. I'm a bit skeptical about Giacomin's playoff record. He led the NHL in wins three years in a row (proving he had a good team) but went 2-11 in the playoffs (three first round losses), his GAA rising by about 0.70 during that span.

- Shot-blocking. How will the Jacks get a shot on net with Thomson, Suchy, Ramsay and Magnuson? Terrific group of shot-blockers.

Why Inglewood will win:

- Speed. Ottawa is also a fast team too, but how can any team possibly defend against Fedorov, Smith, Lafleur and Leetch in full stride? Amazingly, Smith is the slowest player I listed! Inglewood's top line will make Ottawa pay for any turnovers.

- Coaching. I'm not a huge fan of Ruff. His biggest playoff success was due to Hasek's phenomenal peak and while he did a nice job coaching a young, skilled Sabres team just after the lockout, he's clearly much inferior to Day (molded a fairly non-descript defense corp into one the best defensive team of his generation; won five Stanley Cups; one of only two coaches (Al Arbour) to help his team come back from a 3-0 series deficit).

- Nels Stewart. The lumbering Maroons centre is underrated - he was a top ten goal-scorer 13 times in his first 14 seasons, twice winning the Hart. Although he was slow, he possessed great strengths and his numbers are a testament to his consistency. He has game-breaking goal-scoring ability and I'm not sure that Sheppard or Hunter can contain him.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Why Ottawa will win:

- Mr. Hockey. A little-known fact about Howe is that he won six playoff scoring titles (as many as Gretzky). He played his best hockey in the postseason looks great next to two-time leading playmaker Syl Apps. Add in Firsov's tremendous skill and this line is very difficult to contain.

- Giacomin in the playoffs. I'm a bit skeptical about Giacomin's playoff record. He led the NHL in wins three years in a row (proving he had a good team) but went 2-11 in the playoffs (three first round losses), his GAA rising by about 0.70 during that span.

- Shot-blocking. How will the Jacks get a shot on net with Thomson, Suchy, Ramsay and Magnuson? Terrific group of shot-blockers.

Why Inglewood will win:

- Speed. Ottawa is also a fast team too, but how can any team possibly defend against Fedorov, Smith, Lafleur and Leetch in full stride? Amazingly, Smith is the slowest player I listed! Inglewood's top line will make Ottawa pay for any turnovers.

- Coaching. I'm not a huge fan of Ruff. His biggest playoff success was due to Hasek's phenomenal peak and while he did a nice job coaching a young, skilled Sabres team just after the lockout, he's clearly much inferior to Day (molded a fairly non-descript defense corp into one the best defensive team of his generation; won five Stanley Cups; one of only two coaches (Al Arbour) to help his team come back from a 3-0 series deficit).

- Nels Stewart. The lumbering Maroons centre is underrated - he was a top ten goal-scorer 13 times in his first 14 seasons, twice winning the Hart. Although he was slow, he possessed great strengths and his numbers are a testament to his consistency. He has game-breaking goal-scoring ability and I'm not sure that Sheppard or Hunter can contain him.
Stewart is definitely underrated. That's a tough and talented second line. Not sure about Roenick at RW, his best days were definitely at centre, but they'll be one of the top hitting lines in the playoffs. On the flip side, two-thirds of Ottawa's second line can go hit-for-hit with the Jacks. (Martinec is the exception).

We'll see how Stewart does against a tough, aggressive, mobile defenceman like Thomson, and a big, punishing defenceman like Beck. Also worth watching will be the battles between Magnuson and Stewart. They're big, they're tough, they're smart, they're mean, but they're slow.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
We'll see how Stewart does against a tough, aggressive, mobile defenceman like Thomson, and a big, punishing defenceman like Beck. Also worth watching will be the battles between Magnuson and Stewart. They're big, they're tough, they're smart, they're mean, but they're slow.

But only one of them has ever been accused to spitting tobacco juice in his opponent's eyes to blind them. Advantage: Stewart :D

Anyways, I do feel Stewart is underrated. I think his being slow and poor defensively scares off a lot of people (and it almost scared me off too). But once I started really looking into him, I realized that he was just too dominant a player to pass by. He was top-10 in goals 13 times, a number only surpassed by Gordie Howe as far as I can tell. He was also top-10 in points 10 times, and retired as the NHL leader in both points and goals (with his goal record lasting all the way to Rocket Richard). Add in 2 Hart's, an Art Ross, and a retro Smyth, and I think he's an amazing 2nd line centre provided you put some guys who can skate with him (which I think I have).

One thing I noticed about Stewart is that his game seems a little more Brett Hull than Phil Esposito (who he always seems to be compared to). I'm sure he shoveled in his fair share of garbage, but he's always mentioned as a guy who would just appear unmarked in a seam and unleash a legendary shot. One of those few players with the uncanny ability to always be open.

I actually found an excellent article about him from the New York Times archives (1957).

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Just a few thoughts on my team and this series:

• It seems to me that the best value for picks (as far as getting guys later in the draft than they should go) seems to be with PCHA stars or European stars who didn't play in the Summit Series. Firsov, Suchy and Martinec all have international resumes that match up very well when pitted against the more recognizable Russian stars of the 70s and 80s. Same goes with comparing Keats to his NHL counterparts.

• My main gameplan for this series is to stick Craig Ramsay on Guy Lafleur, even if that means he'll be eating up some of the other 3 LWs icetime. Dale Hunter will be getting in Nels Stewart's face the whole game. Those are really the only two matchups I'll be looking for. I'm confident enough in my squad to let the chips fall where they may.

• Just a reminder: I've got Gordie ****ing Howe! I don't think any of Inglewood's LWs can come close to stopping him (though I love Hooley Smith and was going to take him with my next pick before he was drafted.) Howe is easily capable of going 25-30 minutes a game, and if the game is close then he will be.

I like the Inglewood team a lot. Their speed looks scary on paper, I love the Fedorov/Lafleur combo, and Brian Leetch is a perfect #1 defenceman for that squad. I wish arrbez the best of luck here. Which ever one of us wins is going to need luck in the next round, because the rest of our division looks strong.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I wish arrbez the best of luck here. Which ever one of us wins is going to need luck in the next round, because the rest of our division looks strong.

Haha, no kidding. I'm very dissapointed in my fellow Lecavalier division GM's for making such strong teams. For shame, gentlemen. For shame :shakehead.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
*I forgot to put my spares on my roster...so I guess that info should be out there. I have Tony Granato as an extra forward, and Jason Smith and Jack Laviolette as extra defenders.*

Anyways, just some points about my own team, reck's team, and general strategy for this series:

-The #1 goal will be to contain Gordie Howe. Doubt we'll stop him, but any player can be contained and I think I have some nice pieces in that regard. Joe Klukay is one of the top defensive forwards of all time, and his size, physical play, and skating ability make him about as good as it's gonna get against Howe, short of Bob Gainey. This article about Klukay actually talks about him being instrumental in holding Howe in check in the 1953 playoffs as Boston upset the first-seeded Red Wings:
His most memorable moment as a member of the Black and Gold came in the semi-finals of the 1953 playoffs. Klukay was assigned to shadow the immortal Gordie Howe. Klukay held Howe to only 2 goals in 6 games, a remarkable achievement.
http://mapleleafslegends.blogspot.com/2007/10/joe-klukay.html

On top of Klukay, I also have Hooley Smith to line up against Gordie. Smith was an ace defensive player (has a retro selke to his name, for what that's worth), and NHL all-time bad-boy Red Horner called him the toughest player he ever faced. On my second line I have Bun Cook, who is a very nice defensive player with high end speed and a good amount of physical play. On my 4th line Johnny Sorrell lacks the physical play of the other 3, but has blinding speed and was noted as a diligent checker during his career. My point is that, basically, I believe my team is excellent defensively on the left side and that they will be able to stand up to Mr. Hockey. We won't shut him out, but we can certainly slow him down. On a semi-related note, I think Vladimir Martinec will have a lot of trouble against my squad. All of my left wingers can skate with him, and 3 of them can beat the crap out of him. As talented as he was, he was just as soft and has been accused of wilting in the face of physical play.

-As you can imagine, my team is going to try to skate the opposition into the ground. With the notable exception of Nels Stewart, my squad has great speed from top to bottom. Not that Ottawa is a slow team by any means, but I think they'll have their work cut out for them to keep up with my squad.

-And speaking of Nels Stewart, I think he'll be able to do his thing quite well against the secondary defense of Ottawa. If Hunter is up against him all game, well all the better because I don't think he's good enough to stop him. Stewart wasn't a player who just bulled his way to the net or parked in the slot, he was a guy who saw plays developing ahead of time and appeared out of nowhere to exploit the defense (ala Brett Hull). I'm not sure Hunter will be able to deal with a player who thinks the game as well as Stewart did (and who won't be intimidated). Hunter may also find it odd to be the second dirtiest player in that confrontation.

-In a series as evenly matched as this, I like to think coaching will come into play. There's certainly some matchups to be made/exploited here, and I think I have the distinct advantage in that regard with Hap Day vs. Lindy Ruff

So lets just sit back and see how this turns out. I like my scoring depth and speed here, but that first line of Reckoning's is certainly terrifying, and there's no glaring weak spot on his roster. Ottawa is a great squad, and this series should certainly go deep.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
This is an interesting matchup. Lots of firepower at forward, low end goalies and tremendous puckmoving bluelines should translate into very entertaining hockey. A few random thoughts:

- both teams seem intent on line-matching to bring their top shutdown LWs to bear against Lafleur and Howe, respectively. I'm not a huge fan of line matching as it often eats into icetime for scoringline players, but it is what it is. Ottawa has the advantage of home ice, but Inglewood has the clearly superior coach.

- I think Nels Stewart constitutes a problem for Ottawa. I don't anticipate Suchy and Beck having a ton of success defending him in the slot. Suchy is not the physical player to take on a guy like Stewart and Beck, though capable physically, is not the talent to do it, in my opinion. On the other side of the coin, although they are a tough defensive second pairing, Coulter - Watson are weak offensively, and won't help the Jack's 2nd line much when they're on the ice together. The weight of puck carrying and playmaking then falls on Cook and Roenick, who are not high-end in that role. arrbez, I might consider switching Coulter and Siebert (you should spell his name correctly in the thread to prevent misunderstandings) to give a bit more puckmoving pop to your 2nd pairing. Art Coulter is good as a shutdown #2 defenseman and I don't think you really need Siebert's puckmoving skills with Leetch on the top pairing. Just a thought.

- if I were recko, I'd consider putting together a Ramsey - Keats - Lemieux line to go against the Stewart line and just going strength-on-strength against Inglewood's top line. Duke Keats isn't going to dominate Nels Stewart, but he's got the jam to hang with him. Firsov wouldn't check Lafleur worth a damn, but then again, Lafleur wouldn't defend Firsov, either. I don't think giving Ramsey something like 1st line icetime is a great idea. The aim is to score more goals than your opponent. If that means run-&-gun sometimes, so be it.

Last edited:

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Thoughts:
-The Jacks' checking line will be effective against the 67's 1st, but, will their defense be effective?
-Nels Stewart may end up being the game breaking offensive player in a series that features Howe and Lafleur.
-67's have one of the few defenses that can hang with the speed of the Jack's 1st line.
-Can the 67's pest lines effective disrupt any of the Jacks?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 1:

The Ottawa crowd was quickly had something to cheer about as just 35 seconds into the game Syl Apps fed the puck over to Gordie Howe who outmuscled Watson in front of the goal and fired a quick snapshot between Giacomin's arm and chest. The rest of the period would be relatively uneventful except for a quick glove save by Vezina off the stick of Guy Lafleur.

Mid-way through the second period with Jeremy Roenick sitting in the box, the 67's struck again. Giacomin made the intial save off a Suchy point shot but Howe shoveled it past the fallen goaltender to make it a 2-0 game.

Lafleur made brough the Jacks to with in one converted a tricky pass from Sergei Fedorov into a goal 5 minutes into the third. That would be all for the Jacks however as Vezina shut it down and preserved the victory with late stops on Joe Klukay and Sergei Fedorov

Final Score: 2-1 Ottawa

Boxscore
OTT Gordie Howe 1 (Apps, Firsov) 0:35 1-0
OTT Gordie Howe 2 (Suchy, Beck) 12:12 2-0
ING Guy Lafleur 3 (Fedorov, Leetch) 5:03 2-1

Vezina 19 Saves
Giacomin 22 Saves

Last edited:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 2

The scoring opened with a blast from an unlikely source in Jimmy Thomas 7 minutes into the first. It did not take long for Inglewood to respond as a beautiful pass from Bun Cook to Nels Stewart was one-timed top shelf on Vezina. With Gordie Howe in the box for an elbowing minor, Odie Cleghorn shovelled the puck 5 hole on Vezina to give Inglewood their first lead of the series late in the first.

Inglewood would add to their lead in the second, as Guy Lafleur flew down the wing and snaped a shot underneath Vezina's blocker to give the Jacks a 3-1 lead. However in the dying seconds of the middle frame Vladimir Martinec displayed beautiful stick handling on a break away and faked out Giacomin to cut the deficit to 1.

Gordie Howe would atone for his earlier penalty by running over Ivan Tregubov and launched a shot through Giacomins legs to tie it a 3. The teams would trade scoring chances with both Giacomin and Vezina standing on their heads to rob Gaye Stewart and Sergei Fedorov respectively. The deciding goal was scored with Keith Magnusson in the penalty box for cross-checking. Short handed Syl Apps and Bengt Gustafsson broke in on Tommy Anderson on a two on one with Bengst Gustafsson converting to give the 67's a 4-3 lead which they would hold on to for the remainder of the game.

Final Score: 4-3 Ottawa
OTT Jimmy Thomson 1 (Apps, Howe) 7:02 1-0
ING Nels Stewart 1 (Cook, Roenick ) 8:54 1-1
ING Odie Cleghorn 1 (Cook, Anderson) PP 18:02 1-2
ING Guy Lafleur 2 (Fedorov, Smith) 13:01 1-3
OTT Vladimir Martinec 1 (Keats) 17:12 2-3
OTT Gordie Howe 3 (Unassisted) 4:02 3-3
OTT Bengt Gustafsson 1 (Apps) SH 16:22 4-3

Vezina 28 Saves
Giacomin 23 Saves

Last edited:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 3

Inglewood used the energy from the home crowd to dominate the first periods Sergei Fedorov opened the scoring of a Vezina rebound left by Lafleur. Off the faceoff the line would score again, this time Lafleur's shot clealny beat Vezina to give Inglewood a 2-0 lead. Inglewood would cap off the scoring in the perido with a Joe Klukay goal off a Anatoli Firsov turnover.

The 67's would get on the board with a goal from Howe, but Inglewood quickly answered back with another goal from Fedorov to make it 4-1.

The final goal of the game was notched by Nels Stewart with Claude Lemieux sitting in the box for high sticking.

Final Score: 5-1 Inglewood

Box Score
ING Sergei Fedorov 1 (Lafleur, Smith) 5:34 1-0
ING Guy Lafluer 3 (Fedorov) 5:54 2-0
ING Joe Klukay 1 (Lepine, Marshall) 18:45 3-0
OTT Gordie Howe 4 (Clancy, Firsov) 2:43 3-1
ING Sergei Fedorov 2 (Coulter, Lafluer) 3:45 4-1
ING Nels Stewart 2 (Cook, Seibert) PP 13:23 5-1

Vezina 21 Saves
Giacomin 27 Saves

Last edited:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 4

A determined Inglewood team once again took the play to Ottawa and converted two powerplay opportunities in the first period. With Dale Hunter off for cross-checking, Guy Lafleur slid the puck barely over the line behind Vezina for the 1-0 Lead. On their second opportunity Nels Stewart would tip in a Brian Leetch blast to make it 2-0

Thr 67's tried hard to get pucks past Giacomin, but on this night he looked unbeatable. He stoned the team completely in the second period and would allow only 1 goal in the third, a slapshot from Doug Crossman that barely eluded his glove. The Jacks managed to hold off the rest of the 67's onslaught and John Sorell desposited an goal into an empty net in the final seconds.

The series will now shift back to Ottawa tied at 2

Final Score 3-1 Inglewood

Box Score
ING Guy Lafleur 4 (Stewart, Smith) PP 12:16 1-0
ING Nels Stewart 3 (Leetch, Lafleur) PP 15:17 2-0
No Scoring
OTT Doug Crossman 1 (Howe, Apps) 14:01 2-1
ING John Sorell 1 (Langenbrunner, Coulter) EN 19:50 3-1

Vezina 27 Saves
Giacomin 27 Saves

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 5

Game 5 would be known for the goaltending heroics of Vezina and Giacomin. Both made breathtaking stops throughout the game, the higlights including Giacomin knocking a Gordie Howe blast out a of mid air with his stick and a diving Vezina snagging an Jeremy Roenick one timer. The scoring was opened by Inglewood on a Hooley Smith wrist shot mid way through the second.

Late in the third period, Vic Stasiuk managed to intercept a Brien Leetch pass on break in on goal to tie the game for Ottawa and send the game to overtime.

The overtime period was sensational. Both goaltenders continued their spectacular play. Inglewood caught a break when Gordie Howe snapped a shot hard off the post after clearly beating Giacomin. But their luck would continue. As it often the case with overtime, an unlikely hero scored a garbage goal. After Giacomin juggled a King Clancy shot, Claude Lemieux charged the crease and poked in the game winning goal to put Ottawa one game away from the second round

Final Score 2-1 Ottawa

Box Score
No Scoring
ING Hooley Smith 1 (Fedorov, Lafleur) 7:28 0-1
OTT Vic Stasiuk 1 (Unassisted) 18:01 1-1
OT
OTT Claude Lemieux 1 (Clancy, Stasiuk) 13:12 2-1

Vezina 31 Saves
Giacomin 39 Saves

Last edited:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Game 6

A dejected Inglewood crowd witnessed the Howe and Apps show in Game 6, signalling the end of their teams season and the advancement of the Ottawa 67's to the second round.

Gordie Howe scored the first of the game seconds into the first period, foreshadowing things to come. On a powerplay several minutes later, Howe would find the back of the net again, assisted by Apps and Firsov. In the final minute of the frame, Howe would complete the natural hat trick.

The second period began much like the first, with Anatoli Firsov, who had had a relatively quiet series notching his first to make it 4-0 off a beautiful pass from Apps. Giacomin had no chance on the one-timer.

Lafleur and Stewart each scored late in the third period, but it was too little, too late, and Ottawa advanced to round 2

Final Score 4-2 Ottawa

Box Score
OTT Gordie Howe 5 (Apps) 0:12 0-1
OTT Gordie Howe 6 (Apps, Clancy) PP 6:12 0-2
OTT Gordie Howe 7 (Apps, Firsov) 19:10 0-3
OTT Anatoli Firsov 1 (Apps, Howe) 3:12 0-4
ING Guy Lafleur 5 (Smith, Seibert) 16:12 1-4
ING Nels Stewart 4 (Lafleur, Leetch) 17:24 2-4

Vezina 19 Saves
Giacomin 26 Saves

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Well, no shame in losing to a squad like that. Congrats to Reckoning, and damn, that Howe-Apps combo is just epic. The other GM's are in tough going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad