ATD#7 Unrestricted Free Agents

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Guess who this UFA is.

He has represented his country as a starting goaltender at the world juniors (where picked Most Outstanding Goaltender), world championships (beat Lundqvist's Sweden), World Cup (one start, a win) and Olympics (1 win, lost quarters). He set the NCAA record for most saves in a game with 77, his team's MVP, division's rookie of the year and region's playoff MVP. He plays the puck aggressively and likes to pass across the neutral zone, creating oddman rushes. In the 2006-07 NHL season he broke the franchise record for saves in a game with 56. He has three consecutive winning seasons with .900+ save percentage. He has stopped 6 of the 7 penalty shots he's ever faced at the NHL level and has a 13-7 win-loss record in the shootouts. Oh,... by the way, he was the first goalie to ever be drafted first overall in the NHL and has the longest ever NHL contract worth $67.5 million.

Garth Snow?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Garth Snow?
;) good one! ... I just thought since Lundqvist and Emery have been drafted, Dipietro deserves consideration.

BTW, who would have thought Mike Milbury would've had a decent NHL career as a defenseman. He was on the Stanley Cup winning Boston Bruins, was in the 1976 Canada Cup. He registered 238 points in 754 NHL games (24 points in 86 NHL playoff games) with 1552 PIM.

On December 23, 1979, in a game against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden, Milbury followed his teammates into the stands for a brawl and ended up with a shoe in hand. He used the shoe to beat a Ranger fan. :biglaugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Milbury

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
A guy that Arrbez and I had been discussing since round one and never actually picked is Frantisek Tikal.
BM67 mentioned him, he's on the UFA list.

Now go and do your homework! LOL ... how's the voting coming?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
call-up players return for the playoffs

so...

DROP a player (now, here) to meet roster size requirements (and then reflect the change on the roster thread)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I haven't discussed this with Murphy yet, but I'm sure he'd want me to announce that we return Joe Watson to our active roster and drop Sheldon Souray.

Last edited:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
The Bulldogs will be dropping Bobby Carpenter for our roster to make room for the return of Frank Finnigan. Dave Trottier will be moved back down to the spare forward slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->