ATD 2021 Draft Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry guys, just got in the door from work. Give me a little bit. Will pick soon, just deciding between a few options.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry for the delay, fellas.

RW, Shane Doan

shane-doan-083017-getty-ftr-usjpg-17cnwl3yy54lw1uinnrvhhi7ay-1549551206722.jpg

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Adding a legit power forward to inject some sandpaper and size into my third line. Unfortunately his career was derailed by a horrific injury and then personal problems or he'd have gone a lot sooner:

Kevin Stevens, LW

stevenskevinPIT006.jpg

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I know @rmartin65 and @Dirt 101 have both mentioned how fast this draft has gone, and I think martin mentioned the clocks being a little short if anything this year?

I think that perhaps in the future, we could lengthen the clocks a bit IF drafts remain at 24ish teams. Nothing radical; just maybe stay at 8 hours for longer, etc.

The original clock format was created for a 32ish team draft. I know when we first did a 40 team draft in 2011, we shortened the clocks a bit; I forget if we did it for last year's 40 team draft.

But the point is that in the future, it does make sense to have slightly longer clocks with smaller drafts and slightly shorter clocks with larger drafts.

At the very least, it is worth having the discussion/vote for next year. I don't know what the best breakdown is (more rounds at 8 hours? minimum clock of 6 hours instead of 4?), but I don't see any reason why we couldn't let the draft run longer.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Just for the record, I do not have @Dirt 101 's OTC pick. He only left me a list for his last 2 picks.

He reminded me that it's the Lunar New Year weekend, which is a big deal where he is, so I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be hanging around here much.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Just for the record, I do not have @Dirt 101 's OTC pick. He only left me a list for his last 2 picks.
Thanks again for that.

He reminded me that it's the Lunar New Year weekend, which is a big deal where he is, so I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be hanging around here much.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

The Jackals are partying with a Boxcar, Pat Egan, D/RW

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
i watched the entire Isles dynasty, and as a Habs & Canucks fan (then Oilers once Gretz arrived), I was not happy.

i was.soooooooo angry at Butch Goring. i dunno about stats. but he PLAYED like a hhofer.

Bourne? Meh.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
i watched the entire Isles dynasty, and as a Habs & Canucks fan (then Oilers once Gretz arrived), I was not happy.

i was.soooooooo angry at Butch Goring. i dunno about stats. but he PLAYED like a hhofer.

Bourne? Meh.

I don’t know what you mean by «Meh», but Bourne got 74 points in 74 playoff games from ‘80 to ‘83.

There’s not a lot of bottom six player that had this kind of run.

I think that with his speed and versatility, he’ll look great on my fourth line with his former teammate.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Gillies was a 3rd liner.

His "Trio Grande Line" days were in the rearview mirror.

A lot of ridiculousness is spouted these days.

Trots, Potvin, Bossy, Goring, Smith,... other.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I'll complete my top 9 forwards and select Pit Lepine, C

Centering Gordon Roberts and Jack Walker the trio will form an extremely solid defensive checking line capable of pitching in offensively.

Joe Pelletier said:
Pit Lepine was a tall and rangy player who broke in with the Montreal Canadiens 1925 and played his whole 13 year career with the Habitants.
Lepine was a very competent center who, in addition to his playmaking ability, was very adept with a sweeping poke-check. However, he was destined to play for many years under the shadow of the great Howie Morenz who centered the first line.
He was very prominent when the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley Cup the next two years, playing with ***** and ******** but frequently relieving Morenz on the first line.

When Morenz was traded to Chicago, Pit became the center for Aurel Joliat and ******** and led the team in scoring points in 1934-35.

Ultimate Hockey said:
This tall, gangly veteran of the montreal city Senior Hockey League jioned the Montreal Canadiens in 1925-26[...]Early on, sportwritters were comparing his style to that of former Ottawa Senators great Frank Nighbor.

A honey-smooth skater and playmaker, Lepine was the head-coach's go-to guy when it came to shadowing or penalty-killing.

As it often the case when a good player play behind a great player, Lepine was overshadowed (by Morenz)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Lepine. An ol' MLDer getting ATD love.

Can't recall who started it.

He.doesnt.belong.in.the.same.zipcode.as HHOFer Edgar Laprade (HT18's pick this round).

But after pick 300, judgements vary.

So be it.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
i dunno your obsession with quoting.

Don't you read the thread?

This ain't breakneck Twitter or Youtube chatroom.

I read every **** post. I assume other GMs do too.

Let's not garbage the conversation.

Markus Naslund refused an interview with me i think because i wrote a newspaper story (preInternet we had legitimacy) about Brashear owning (never ATD'd ever) Ohlund and Cooke in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad