Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
3 hours (MAXIMUM PENALTY, ONE HOUR CLOCK FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DRAFT)
matsblue13
Nighthawks
raleh
Thatguy17 & SaltyStyle7
advantage2006
MVPeyton & The Sabre
hungryhungryhippy
JFA87-66-99 (767)
EagleBelfour (717)
chaosrevolver
nik jr (714)
BraveCanadian (735)
Mr Bugg (817)
Leaf Lander (826)
Modo (832)
jkrx

2 hours
BiLLY_ShOE1721
Rick Middleton & Sturminator (740)
Leafs Forever (759)

1 hour
Dreakmur
Hedberg & vancityluongo
MadArcand
markrander87
papershoes
Dwight
Cognition
seventieslord
Home Nugget (718)
DoMakc (822)
tony d & DaveG (824)

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
LL your penalties have all been posted at the bottom of the draft board. You are held responsible for missing your clock. WHat do you want? A PM saying:

Dear Sir or Madam,

You have officially been penalized one hour for missing a clock in ATD 2011. Please try to be more prompt in the future.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

??

It's been at the bottom of the draft board the entire time. I don't see what you're arguing here.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Inglewood selects a gritty hard-working winger who can score, grind, and play both wings:

RW/LW Tony Granato

image.php

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I'll make it easy for you:

858. markrander87 - Cincinnati Fireworks - Gerry McNeil, G
859. DoMakc - Detroit Red Wings - Kenny Jönsson, D

860. Thatguy17 & SaltyStyle7 - Vancouver Velocity - TO BE AUTOSKIPPED

861. Rick Middleton & Sturminator - Gwinnett Gladiators - Evgeni Nabokov, G
862. arrbez & vecens24 - Inglewood Jacks - Tony Granato, W

863. MadArcand - Hartford Whalers - ON THE CLOCK UNTIL 5:52 PM EST

864. Mr Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters - HAS 1 HOUR

That's until my pick.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
It's weird seeing guys that you picked in previous drafts get taken in the ATD. I've had Gallant, MacLean, Granato, Ronning, Dahlstrom, Axelsson, Lever, Scanlan, and Manson taken from my MLD10 team. Yet somehow, that team didn't win a round in the playoffs.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
are you running this draft

this is the first that i have been made aware of a penalty so unless it is official and published in the main draft board it doesn't count.

LOL

I missed my clock once last pick before my most recent pick

for it to be official it needs to be published and not in some gm's secret back pocket in his underwear

LOL

there is no record published on the front page = doesnt count

LOL

so does that mean i missed my clock 3 times already and if that is true why do i not have a 4 hr penalty

Because the clock is 4 hours and the most you can be penalized is three...

this is fishy he went and deleted his post where he said i was skipped

crazy

say what you want but this is a cover up

a conspiracy!!!!!!!

I want the truth

I delete posts in this thread all the time to keep it clean. I delete anything not related to the draft (mostly Reen Machine spam), anything no longer relevant (updates of who is up, who's been picked recently like jarek's been doing, who's next, asking who is up, who can take a list, i can take a list, ok i sent my list, i have so and so's list, so and so is skipped, skip me if i come up, etc), complaints/comments about how slow the draft is going, inappropriate conversations, and all posts relating to undrafted players or mistake picks of already-drafted players.

I don't have the exact number of deleted posts, but I think we'd be at draft thread #14 if not for all of this.

That's why it's deleted. Because you had come in and made your pick and took your penalty like a man, or so I thought, so the fact that you had been skipped was no longer relevant.

No conspiracy here, sorry.

seventies had edited the first post to give Dahlstrom to Velociraptor, so I guess the change is official.

Yes, that's right. I just cleared all evidence that he ever mis-picked.

It's weird seeing guys that you picked in previous drafts get taken in the ATD. I've had Gallant, MacLean, Granato, Ronning, Dahlstrom, Axelsson, Lever, Scanlan, and Manson taken from my MLD10 team. Yet somehow, that team didn't win a round in the playoffs.

"somehow"? Are you trying to bait me? LOL... Look who you were up against and how many players from that team are drafted. Tikhonov, Drury, Labine, Kozlov, Gardner, Jirik, Boudrias, Arnott, Regehr, Redden, Arbour, Edwards, and definitely at least three more to come.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Goldsworthy, Rogers, Ricci, Schultz, Rautakallio, Norstrom, Jonsson, Kolzig...You have 9, I have 8, I think it's safe to say most of the MLD teams will be gutted in a draft this big.

I had you ranked higher in the MLD but it doesn't help that you ran in to seventies in the first round. Drury, Labine, Kozlov, Gardner, Jirik, Arnott, Regehr, Redden, Arbour and Edwards makes 10 from his team.

EDIT: Beaten to it. AND forgot the coach!

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Goldsworthy, Rogers, Ricci, Schultz, Rautakallio, Norstrom, Jonsson, Kolzig...You have 9, I have 8, I think it's safe to say most of the MLD teams will be gutted in a draft this big.

I had you ranked higher in the MLD but it doesn't help that you ran in to seventies in the first round. Drury, Labine, Kozlov, Gardner, Jirik, Arnott, Regehr, Redden, Arbour and Edwards makes 10 from his team.

EDIT: Beaten to it. AND forgot the coach!

Thanks.

the timing of the picks is telling too. 40 picks ago, that MLD team had three players selected. Mine had eleven.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Gentlemen, I think we can all agree that Raleh and I not winning the 2007 MLD was the greatest injustice in the history of Earth. Not only will there likely be 13-15 guys taken from our squad when this is all said and done, but look how high some of them went!

Ziggy Palffy 411
Tumba Johansson 525
Simon Gagne 539
Yuri Liapkin 545
Normand Rochefort 622
Ab McDonald 650
Adam Deadmarsh 681
Reg Fleming 694
Ron Sutter 819
Pekka Rautakallio 830

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I currently have 7 MLD players taken, only one guy from my top-6 in Jimmy Ward (although Ward was a steal in retrospect). My top-3 in defence were taken long ago, so perhaps that's how I was able to go to the semi-final, where I was rightfully beaten by the Texas Brahmas of VanI.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Gentlemen, I think we can all agree that Raleh and I not winning the 2007 MLD was the greatest injustice in the history of Earth. Not only will there likely be 13 or so guys taken from our squad when this is all said and done, but look how high some of them went!

Ziggy Palffy 411
Tumba Johansson 525
Simon Gagne 539
Yuri Liapkin 545
Normand Rochefort 622
Ab McDonald 650
Adam Deadmarsh 681
Reg Fleming 694
Ron Sutter 819
Pekka Rautakallio 830

I'll admit, that's a scary MLD team. A Gagne - Johansson - Palffy line would dance around pretty much any MLD defence.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I'll admit, that's a scary MLD team. A Gagne - Johansson - Palffy line would dance around pretty much any MLD defence.

Our lineup looked like:

XXX - Tumba Johansson - XXX
Adam Deadmarsh - XXX - Ziggy Palffy
Ab McDonald - XXX - Simon Gagne
Reg Fleming - Ron Sutter - XXX

Yuri Liapkin - Normand Rochefort
Pekka Rautakallio - XXX
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX
XXX​

I won't mention undrafted players, but suffice it to say that Simon Gagne isn't nearly as good offensively as two other undrafted modern NHLers we had. Also, we had sick chemistry.

Greatest injustice ever. EVER.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Gentlemen, I think we can all agree that Raleh and I not winning the 2007 MLD was the greatest injustice in the history of Earth. Not only will there likely be 13-15 guys taken from our squad when this is all said and done, but look how high some of them went!

Ziggy Palffy 411
Tumba Johansson 525
Simon Gagne 539
Yuri Liapkin 545
Normand Rochefort 622
Ab McDonald 650
Adam Deadmarsh 681
Reg Fleming 694
Ron Sutter 819
Pekka Rautakallio 830

You must mean MLD7, right? MLD8 was my first MLD and I don't remember you guys being there. I was a noob and ranked dead last and had a quick first round before being dispatched, but looking back, I made some picks that got a lot more respect later on.

Is 10 picks from your MLD7 team being taken that special? I wouldn't know unless I scanned the other rosters. I think this is the draft that Pitseleh built that roster that was otherworldly for an MLD; it probably wouldn't even finish last in this draft. And yet, he somehow lost in round 1. Not enough time here at work to go check it out, though. Someone should take a look and post it if I'm right. It was a crazy roster.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
You must mean MLD7, right? MLD8 was my first MLD and I don't remember you guys being there. I was a noob and ranked dead last and had a quick first round before being dispatched, but looking back, I made some picks that got a lot more respect later on.

Well, it happened in 2007 and wasn't the 7th MLD...but I guess so. It happened after ATD 7, if that's what you mean.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
My last MLD team has 10 guys drafted. 8 of them by others - Dennis Hextall, Eddie wiseman, dubbie Kerr, jay pandolfo, Ron sutter, normand rochefort, coach Rudy pilous, and miika kiprusoff. Most importantly, kipper was one of the top backups picked this time, as he should be.

I brought Todd bertuzzi and assistant coach Larry Robinson up to the main team.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Our lineup looked like:

XXX - Tumba Johansson - XXX
Adam Deadmarsh - XXX - Ziggy Palffy
Ab McDonald - XXX - Simon Gagne
Reg Fleming - Ron Sutter - XXX

Yuri Liapkin - Normand Rochefort
Pekka Rautakallio - XXX
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX
XXX​

I won't mention undrafted players, but suffice it to say that Simon Gagne isn't nearly as good offensively as two other undrafted modern NHLers we had. Also, we had sick chemistry.

Greatest injustice ever. EVER.

Aside from Palffy and Gagne, I don't think I even like that as much as my last MLD team, and that draft went a little bit deeper too.

not a fair comparison though, as we've all gotten better at drafting; much more players are getting the respect they deserve now.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Lol @ palffy in the mld. As recently as atd12, their was still a huge bias against players who played after 1990, especially Europeans. I outright stole Paul kariya and then markus naslund that draft.

At least some things improve.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
LOL

LOL

LOL

Because the clock is 4 hours and the most you can be penalized is three...

I delete posts in this thread all the time to keep it clean. I delete anything not related to the draft (mostly Reen Machine spam), anything no longer relevant (updates of who is up, who's been picked recently like jarek's been doing, who's next, asking who is up, who can take a list, i can take a list, ok i sent my list, i have so and so's list, so and so is skipped, skip me if i come up, etc), complaints/comments about how slow the draft is going, inappropriate conversations, and all posts relating to undrafted players or mistake picks of already-drafted players.

I don't have the exact number of deleted posts, but I think we'd be at draft thread #14 if not for all of this.

That's why it's deleted. Because you had come in and made your pick and took your penalty like a man, or so I thought, so the fact that you had been skipped was no longer relevant.

No conspiracy here, sorry.

Yes, that's right. I just cleared all evidence that he ever mis-picked.

"somehow"? Are you trying to bait me? LOL... Look who you were up against and how many players from that team are drafted. Tikhonov, Drury, Labine, Kozlov, Gardner, Jirik, Boudrias, Arnott, Regehr, Redden, Arbour, Edwards, and definitely at least three more to come.

You clearly had the better team, but I think I should've been higher in the regular season standings, which would have given me a different first round matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad