Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought it rhymed with

tfal.png

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
On the topic of Tikal, I have already found some quotes that suggest he was chiefly a stay at home defender, and covered for his partner that will probably be picked in the AAA/AA draft. He has been described as "a great fighter, a tough and dedicated player, very strong, but always fair.", an "uncompromising defender", and the "defensive complement to xxx". Up until this point, little was known about the style he played. I'm finding translated Czech web sites to be very resourceful.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Tikal was on my radar. Searching this forum, I see seventieslord quoted in a previous draft from the book Kings Of the Ice, where Tikal's rush-happy blueline partner said: "When I went on the attack, he covered my back." So, Tikal is more of a stay at home player, ideally paired with a rusher.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
is it starting to be too late to make bios about player I drafted like 1 month ago? :laugh:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's never too late to bring new knowledge to the ATD community.

I doubt I'll be able to add some new infos on my players that wasn't there in the last ATDs with the free time I'm gonna have in the next couple of weeks...

I'll try but even if I had more times I just don't like doing bios with the hfboards posting format , feels like homework to me.Fact is I do research my players and enjoy it , but MAKING the actual bio is painful :laugh:

I'll see what I can do none the less.

Can't compete with your bios that's for sure.

I would prefer using other program to make them but maybe that's just me.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
I'm up after Sturm, who wants to take a list because I'm going to the Pens game.

thatguy17

Dec 18, 2010
the vancouver velocity select one of the toughest fighters in the game, Orland Kurtenbach

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Inglewood Jacks select via list:

D Ivan Tregubov

12922658682.jpg

short bio he provided for me to post:
...Ivan Tregubov was the long-time defensive partner with Nikolai Sologubov. They had excellent coordination and understanding with each other. They supplemented each other very well on the ice and they were considered to be perfect defensive partners. Ivan Tregubov was a very strong player with endless endurance & stamina. He had extreme dedication and absolutely hated to lose. Although he was a very similar to Nikolai Sologubov in certain aspects of the game, he was more inclined to be a defensive defensemen. At times he would join the offensive attack, but he never skated too deep into the opposition's zone and always kept himself in good position. He had a powerful slapshot from the point that other teams goaltender's absolutely feared. Tregubov was also known to get ruthless with opponents when he had to but was not by any means considered a dirty player. His brilliant skating,position play,passing, and excellent stickhandling allowed him to gain advantage over opponents even without physical play. He was voted best defensemen at the 1958 & 1961 World Championships.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I considered Tregubov because he has more anecdotal evidence about how he played, but the fact that his Soviet teams did not dominate Canadian amateurs is what ultimately turned me off. I feel the same about Sologubov and Bobrov.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Very pleased to get Balon here. I think he's an excellent first piece of a two-way 3rd line. I really wanted to comment when seventies picked Nevin that there was an undrafted Ranger winger from those teams who I considered a better two-way player than Bob (no offense to Nevin...I think it's close). Balon didn't do a lot of penalty killing for those Rangers teams, but he did well with a lot of tough assignments at even strength as part of a very effective checkingline (and in an era of great strength at right wing) and turned in some strong scoring finishes in the process, as well. This is what Toe Blake had to say about Balon after his first big season in Montreal (part of a heartbreaking article about Balon's long battle with MS):

"I always knew he was a good checker," Blake said then. "But he's shown he can be a real good scorer, too."

Balon played on the Henri Richard line for a couple of very good seasons in Montreal before being selected by Minnesota in the 1967 expansion draft where he would star for a season before being traded back to New York, where he would enjoy his best years playing as the primary goalscorer next to Walt Tkaczuk on the Bulldog Line.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I considered Tregubov because he has more anecdotal evidence about how he played, but the fact that his Soviet teams did not dominate Canadian amateurs is what ultimately turned me off. I feel the same about Sologubov and Bobrov.

Yeah to be honest that's one of the things that turned me off about possibly drafting Bobrov. Great player for his league in his time, but great player overall for his time? Very hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad