Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Yes. Because its hardly ever seen here. I like to see what people have to say when the focus is for one of these rare moments on Nuge.

We've had this discussion countless times before. McDrai are earning their money and more, are almost always the needles that drive this team, and now we have BOTH McD and Drai being **** on game in and game out which is frankly even more amusing than when Drai was getting piled on before.

100 posts last night and probably more **** all over McDrai. But do it to the sacred cow here and look out. Not sure why Nuge is that, and I've never been sure why..

Can't disagree it is very stupid.
When one poster calls McD an idiot and another thinks it's 'on him' that we list, we know what we're dealing with.
Just have an opinion that everyone's susceptible to criticism.

Never saw the mentioned but for all the Drai is drunk and other BS posts, consider this -
They had a s**t game. I'm sure they would even say that. But, after Drai didn't see Conner take off at first, but when he did executed an incredible backhand pass through the air for a breakaway. Plus the 2 2on1's.
Didn't see any of the other 36 skaters do that at all.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That was a game that was going to come down to a bounce and the bounce never came for either team. Great goaltending duel. I’ll take the point.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
How do you guys see our D when healthy?

I love the Nurse-Bear pairing. Do you put Larsson back with Klefbom?
gra.dmen_.2015-20.png

There will be hiccups but they're both playing like top pairing defenders.

Persson back with Klefbom when he's healthy. No way you break up the Nurse-Bear pairing if they're continuing to both play at the high level both have been at.

That leaves a Russell and Larsson pairing.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I also think we need to keep in mind we're talking about a thread with 1114 replies.

There's no need to wag fingers at the whole fan base when we're probably talking about ~1% of the replies in a thread.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I watched the majority of the game and thought it was very entertaining. Both teams played well. Very fast paced back and forth. Goaltending duel that they just barely won. McDraissian had another off night but I didn't see anything worse than what they typically bring on an off night. They are typically pretty bad defensively and are usually just lucky/talented enough to barely outscore their opponents 5v5.

Mostly agree. Didnt see what was so boring about this game. Pace was exceptional.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I don't think it's really fair to comb through the GDT to find posters who were wrong or said something dumb.

There's a difference between posting live while invested in the game and trying to post a measured take with the benefit of hindsight.

Agree.
I actually like going back to get a feel of how others think of what I just watched. As well as 'like' the many many funny comments.
But this board does have a petty practise of -
'You said this or this at this time blah blah blah'

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not really. I think something else is at work. Other posters said it feels like Twitter has taken over here and I think that's significant.

Other generations grew up with a notion of stated accountability. Hey, lots of people will bring up comments made 10yrs ago as if they are current.

But we shouldn't hold comments made hours ago in a GDT current?

I don't know that GDT behavior or statements are supposed to be different, or non referenceable because I don't subscribe to that. Posters on a discussion board, on social media, on reddit etc are held to all their comments.

GDT's are not a "what gets stated in Vegas stays there" paradigm. Most often whatever blatant suggestions occur in those threads spawns elsewhere in subsequent threads. Most of the over generalization and noise here starts in GDT's and infects the board in general.

As I stated last night GDT's are presently too toxic and reactionary to even participate in them.
Disagree.. GDTs are comments based on what's happening at the moment. Just because I compare McWhiff to Horcoff on a play does not equate that to me McDavid is Horcoff.
Same goes for the good plays.. Khaira is fringe NHLer even if I called his board work godly on one shift in the GDT.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I only watched the 3rd, again, but am I the only person that actually enjoyed the game? One thing I've learned after leaving this board for a while is you can go back and enjoy the game for what it is. Not being disparaging to the over/under zealous fans or the site itself neither. But I do have a much fresher perspective which is rather pleasant indeed!

Go Oilers.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Not really. I think something else is at work. Other posters said it feels like Twitter has taken over here and I think that's significant
Of course it’s significant. I’ve also seen several posts in the PGT saying that this board is starting to look like CP. Those would be accurate observations as well. When your community is correctly being compared to those two cesspools it might be time to dial it down a bit.

Posters whining about how they don’t want to be accountable for what they’ve posted simply can’t be taken seriously.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Some of us are patronizing unfazed and apologetic pawns of the Oilers and some of us are ruthless Oilers bashers on the apoplectic train of hate. No middle ground.
Y'all know which one y'all are. ;) :popcorn:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I only watched the 3rd, again, but am I the only person that actually enjoyed the game? One thing I've learned after leaving this board for a while is you can go back and enjoy the game for what it is. Not being disparaging to the over/under zealous fans or the site itself neither. But I do have a much fresher perspective which is rather pleasant indeed!

Go Oilers.
It was a great game. They played hard.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It was a great game. They played hard.

its a game that they will win a lot more often than not this season. If either of McDavid or Drai play even an average game we likely win because the bottom 9 broke even and the PK didn't get scored on. It sucks that we need to rely on them to win, but they are paid to be difference makers and should be able to be counted on to make a difference

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They really didn’t. Smith did but the guys in front of him didn’t.
The Jets had 22 shots on goal!

The Jets are not a pushover despite what you may think. They have significantly better depth than we do up front.

The Oilers did an admirable job stifling their attack and yes, Smith stood tall in a number of instances keeping us in it all game.

I've read a number of negative comments regarding a number of players who I honestly thought had decent games. It was a frustrating game, but every player was engaged that game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Some of us are patronizing unfazed and apologetic pawns of the Oilers and some of us are ruthless Oilers bashers on the apoplectic train of hate. No middle ground.
Y'all know which one y'all are. ;) :popcorn:
Well I’m patronizing, ruthless but also unapologetic.

Reactions: BlackDogg

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Of course it’s significant. I’ve also seen several posts in the PGT saying that this board is starting to look like CP. Those would be accurate observations as well. When your community is correctly being compared to those two cesspools it might be time to dial it down a bit.

Posters whining about how they don’t want to be accountable for what they’ve posted simply can’t be taken seriously.

Quite a picture you're painting with that last sentence. Not sure that's what's going on in this thread.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Jets had 22 shots on goal!

The Jets are not a pushover despite what you may think. They have significantly better depth than we do up front.

The Oilers did an admirable job stifling their attack and yes, Smith stood tall in a number of instances keeping us in it all game.

I've read a number of negative comments regarding a number of players who I honestly thought had decent games. It was a frustrating game, but every player was engaged that game.
They generated next to no offense. The Jets aren’t a pushover of course but they opted too many times to pass over shooting. Their bottom 9 is a big concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->