Post-Game Talk (GBU): At least Roch still has playoff hopes

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Time to start a gofundme to buy a billboard calling for Phil to get sacked. Worked for the Islander fans in getting rid of Garth.
Instead of a fire Housley billboard we should go with hire Quenneville. It gets the same message across while being not being so cruel and classless. We are the city of good neighbors after all. Besides that idiot Pegula probably doesn't know Quenneville is available.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm worried he won't notice a billboard.

27nk2VMnjg1hRZYp4-z64A_r.jpg

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Another interesting stat that Jeremy Roenick pointed out in the pre-game show. Buffalo hasn't won back to back games in regulation since October.

Hell, even the fact of back to back wins is just as damning. December 11-13th (2 wins) was the last time they got back to back wins in general.

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
That play yesterday were Mittelstadt watched the Flyers player score sums up the season quite well.

Soft and lazy in their own zone

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I fault him entirely. I’m sorry but if I’m grooming my first pick as a GM to be the other Top 6 scoring center, I’d rather have him being handled by Taylor than Housley and do it slowly and in a manner to make sure he’s ready. Its not as if he showed to be easily above other guys in terms of showing to be ready for NHL center duties.

His preseason and training camp was bad. Having him playing in the NHL instead of the AHL, IMO, is as bad as thinking Nylander should not play anymore junior games after being drafted.

I would have liked Mittelstadt to start with the Amerks, but Craig Rivet made an interesting point on The Instigators today. He mentioned in his first year Kucherov had 18pts in 52games with the Lightning. Later on Duff mentioned that Joe Thornton had 7pts in 55 games with Boston during his 1st season. Did Tampa and Boston ruin their careers?

Both Casey and Dahlin are learning while under fire. Are they making rookie mistakes? Yes, but I think they will be better off because of it. Both guys have the mental mindset to learn from this experience.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
I would have liked Mittelstadt to start with the Amerks, but Craig Rivet made an interesting point on The Instigators today. He mentioned in his first year Kucherov had 18pts in 52games with the Lightning. Later on Duff mentioned that Joe Thornton had 7pts in 55 games with Boston during his 1st season. Did Tampa and Boston ruin their careers?

Both Casey and Dahlin are learning while under fire. Are they making rookie mistakes? Yes, but I think they will be better off because of it. Both guys have the mental mindset to learn from this experience.

Its a good point and while Casey has struggled at points he has shown flashes of what he can be at other times. He certainly has the talent but needs some better coaching and increase his pullup count.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Kucherov was in his D+3 season as well, this is D+2 for Mitts. Definitely reason for optimism.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Heck, some of you people are so good with photoshop and equivalent graphics programs, is there any way we can take old Topps, O-pee-chee, etc., cards of Quenneville and put him in 1980s-era Sabres sweaters, and mail a bunch of the knock-offs to Terry and Kim??

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Kucherov; After playing in the KHL, Juniors, and games in the AHL, he came up and played 13 mins a game on the wing. Not to mention he was in a better atmosphere development-wise because of the quality of coaching he had in the minors and the NHL. This is not even taking into account that he was playing as a winger vs Mittelstadt playing the center position.

Joe Thornton; He was a 1st overall draft pick. His hype and talent was already pretty high, and he had a quality coach in place with Pat Burns, who used him as a 4th liner.

They didn't ruin their careers because they had quality vets, and quality coaches in place, to allow the players to develop at a good pace.

My point was that I'd rather hand over the first year of development for Casey to a coach (since we don't have many options) that I trust more with Taylor. We don't have the quality vets, especially at the forward position, to help isolate or groom him on the main roster. In a year where the GM was punting away, why not place your highly-talented center to the AHL to at least start the year in the minors (like Kucherov did). Let him gain the experience what his role would be for this organization in a league where he may be ready to play, instead of wasting away on a roster that has preparation issues (that's an important aspect to developing a young kid, right). It's not going to hurt him playing some time in the minors, and one could say would motivate Casey to make the big club instead of being handed a spot.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
That's a good point, but basically everybody botts has targeted in trades or FA has been junk.

Sobotka, Griffith, Pouliot, Josefson, Sheary, Elie...Scandella to a lesser extent last year and Beaulieu this year prior to the trade. The extreme extent of the tank vaporized our forward depth and we still haven't recovered.

Not to mention the added crap he took on in the form of Poms and Hunwick, who could be upgraded easily in house. But we don't ask veteran players to actually pull their weight around here. Showing up for a paycheck is fine.

IMO, Pilut and Skinner are the only truly good additions, with the jury out on Montour for now.
What on earth? He's turned over the roster in double digits season after season. All of the above complaining about are filler or trade-dumps that we aren't spending cap elsewhere right now anyway. The filler is all there so Rochester isn't decimated by us playing a team of 19 year olds, and even then we're one of the youngest teams still. Nothing there was the main target of any trade that took more than a 3rd to obtain. Murray was giving 3rds away to talk to Vesey after he already declared he had zero intention of signing, and to hire Dan freaking Bylsma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad