Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Casey-Erod goal. Nice transition Montour
We had plenty of chances to score

B
We couldn't break the structure of the Flyers D. Easy exits all week from Philly's zone.
Too individual in our play. Starts with Eichel. The culture of 'do it myself' comes from him. Love his point totals, but we won't win NHL hockey doing 1 man army.

U
How much better the Flyers played structured hockey than us.
No response when it gets physical
Hutton can't buy us a clutch save, and it's killing us
Dahlin has to got to get better at handling the puck.

A lot like Toronto, but with less effort. We had our chances to make this a game, and couldn't put any away. When we get down, we stop attacking as a team. This absolutely has to change, or we're going no where in the Eichel years. He'll put up his 95 points, and we'll be a bubble team.

Reactions: Royisgone

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
images

Reactions: brian_griffin

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
These guys were done in December when we watched the level of hockey these guys put out during the last few games of the streak, and the ensuing ~10 games, and decided to sit on our hands. The rest was only surprising in just how fast we fell apart.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Philly announcer tossed out stat that only 2 teams in the past decade have come back from down 6 points in the standings this late in the season to make the playoffs. That's crazy.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Philly announcer tossed out stat that only 2 teams in the past decade have come back from down 6 points in the standings this late in the season to make the playoffs. That's crazy.
Only one team in NHL history has been in first place after Halloween (we lasted into December I think - extra embarrassing!) and missed the playoffs. It's us this year.

In the last few seasons, 5 of 8 teams to finish last in the conference one year made the playoffs the next. We are about to be 0 for 3 in that stretch.

There are lots of fun stats we can pull out of this season.

Reactions: JackTheRipper

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
G
Philly broadcast won't show us the post game interviews.

U
We have to play Toronto again.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Philly passes us in the standings.

Speaking of our "playoff hopes"...

Won’t be shocked to see 2 more teams pass us by the end of the weekend. 2 points ahead of Florida and 3 ahead of NYR without counting tonight.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Won’t be shocked to see 2 more teams pass us by the end of the weekend. 2 points ahead of Florida and 3 ahead of NYR without counting tonight.

Florida is ahead of us based on win percentage. If they win either of their two games in hand, they will be ahead of us by virtue of tiebreaker.

That would officially put is in last place of the "Atlantic Teams Not Rebuilding in 2018-19" Division.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
We can look back and think about what could have been but I'm sort of glad we didn't do a knee-jerk trade. It's so clear this team is not there and it isn't anything any one player can change.

I'm personally crushed by how invested Jason is in Phil. I saw something recently on Twitter where someone narrated the "he's safe" all the way up to the firing of Bylsma/Murray and this doesn't feel the same. Phil is here next year. That alone means no playoffs in my book. Write it off. Be ready for more top draft picks/waiting. Nothing changes until the coaching improves. A lot of this season is on Phil.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Florida is ahead of us based on win percentage. If they win either of their two games in hand, they will be ahead of us by virtue of tiebreaker.

That would officially put is in last place of the "Atlantic Teams Not Rebuilding in 2018-19" Division.

Again, won’t be shocked

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Exactly. Their team came out like this was a playoff game. We came out flat.

Game 146 in the Housley/Botterill Era, and we’re still having these issues players not being ready for games.

Would love to get a more detailed answer from Botterill on what aspect of the team is showing progress.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Game 146 in the Housley/Botterill Era, and we’re still having these issues players not being ready for games.

Would love to get a more detailed answer from Botterill on what aspect of the team is showing progress.
I like to think Botts is recognizing what is wrong with this team and is going to make roster changes accordingly. The one forward he drafted last year, high comepete level. The defenceman he traded for, high compete level. Team weakness, compete level.

It’s hard to turn over a shitty roster in 1 or two off seasons. Granted this roster he has put together this year isn’t great I see some life in it. Outside of Eichel and Okposo everyone else has 1-2 years left after this. This off season and next is when he can really mould this into “his” team.

Reactions: Buffaloed

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

We fired the last duo after they got to 81 points a season after icing the worst roster in franchise history by orders of magnitude, and then regressed to 78 points with messes on the coaching/management side. They deserved to be fired.

This current duo is 15 points in 19 games, or fewer (and this is a better pace than they've played at for 3 months now) away from being unable to hit what the last incompetent duo did after a tank season. They might not even hit the bar that was so low it got everyone involved f***ing fired. Two years into their regime, after the first saw a 16 point drop.

What a start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->