TSN: At least 17 NHL teams have reduced pay amid COVID-19 crunch

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
They can't even offer a bridging contract, nothing changes next year. They only have 15 players signed with 5 mil left on the cap. Interesting to see how they manage to sign a full squad

Reactions: Token

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
That's tampas problem but, they don't have any cap space to make an offer and Braden point is the only guy they can trade away to get it
TB will have around $5M in cap space prior to making any moves. Killorn is going to be traded for sure. That's another $4.45M in cap space, bringing them to $9.5M.

Tyler Johnson has a full NTC, so if TB wants to move him, they will practically have to give him away, and let him pick the team. Johnson has a $5M cap hit.

They will re-sign all of their RFAs and none of them will be very expensive outside of Sergachev. It will be tight maneuvering for them, but I don't see them losing any of their best young players. They will have to back fill any vets they let go with players on ELCs, or with vets willing to take not much in pay for a one-year deal to make a run at a cup.

Token

May 15, 2019
They can't even offer a bridging contract, nothing changes next year. They only have 15 players signed with 5 mil left on the cap. Interesting to see how they manage to sign a full squad
Unless Stamkos is seriously broken and on LTIR, yeah, it’s QO to their RFA’s and ice a 20-man roster.

Real tempting to offer sheet a player or two. Too bad those are such unicorns.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Oh wow!
Who could that be? ;)
I think there's a lhd rfa that might be a nice fit
I’m good with either of their RFA Dmen - Cernak or Sergachev.

TB’s GM is sure going to earn his money this offseason. Not many options to trade players (NMCs), shrinking cap and several players needing new contracts. They only have three defensemen signed for upcoming season. $5.3 in cap space. I wonder who will be going on LTIR - Stamkos? He’s the only one that would give them enough relief.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I’m good with either of their RFA Dmen - Cernak or Sergachev.

TB’s GM is sure going to earn his money this offseason. Not many options to trade players (NMCs), shrinking cap and several players needing new contracts. They only have three defensemen signed for upcoming season. $5.3 in cap space. I wonder who will be going on LTIR - Stamkos? He’s the only one that would give them enough relief.
Another team may be able to get Cernak with a good offer, but why would he choose to return to the Kings?

I think Tampa will find a way to trade Killorn, and probably Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->