Prospect Info: At 9th Overall the Detroit Red Wings Select Michael Rasmussen

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That is a pretty far-fetched assumption my friend. It is you that is looking for the argument. I’ve made no such remarks or opinions on the matter all I did was provide a statistic that was factual.

My intention was to provide a little bit of clarity, but I completely f***ed up and associated your post with an argument made by someone else and didn't double check myself. I'll own it as a reminder of why I don't normally post while at work

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
My intention was to provide a little bit of clarity, but I completely f***ed up and associated your post with an argument made by someone else and didn't double check myself. I'll own it as a reminder of why I don't normally post while at work

It does matter

I am not devaluing goals whatsoever

But lets be honest here, the talent being thrown at Ras is the goal mouth rebound or tap in variety, that plays well down below the dots, certainly not the creative driving the bus type.

So lets not confuse the two.

I do value centres that score. But I am smart and experienced enough to know that for Ras to be an effective top line centre (which again was the sole debate to begin with) he will need to be generator of the offence not just the recipient.

That is the job of the NHL centremen. It' what all the best ones do, have done and forever will do.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Ras is quite clearly lurking in this thread, people wanted more assists and he delivered!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marky9er

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Rasmussen and the boys will now have to keep this torrid pace up against the best goalie in Major Junior in my opinion in Carter Hart.

I think they can, but ultimately this a really big test with both teams clicking on all cylinders. Hoping to catch a few of these games for sure.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rasmussen and the boys will now have to keep this torrid pace up against the best goalie in Major Junior in my opinion in Carter Hart.

I think they can, but ultimately this a really big test with both teams clicking on all cylinders. Hoping to catch a few of these games for sure.

Rasmussens net front play is gonna be a big factor in beating Hart. Hes gonna have to have a big series if they have a shot

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Called it. This guy has winger written all over him.
"He's learning how to (play wing)," Horcoff said. "He's normally been a center. We know him to be that and view him as that. But at the same time, it's always good to learn how to play wing, which makes him more of a complete player."
Z had his best offensive numbers on the wing too. Don’t mean he’s not a C.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You didn't read the article.

Except the Wings have converted multiple natural centers to wingers, even when they had very little center depth. And, given that his numbers haven't just increased, but have exploded, and because he doesn't have the play making or vision that a top line center needs, he looks to be much more likely to be a top 6 winger not a middle 6 center.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Too early to waste any time for some position debate.

Rasmussen is one of most promising Faceoff guys in juniors, so at least for Faceoffs it would be total stupidity to waste his talent. Of course, if you can find an ideal partner who is othervise absolute stud natural center but bad at faceoffs (someone like Malkin), just put them together, and let Ras handle the winger duties after the dot duties.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Except the Wings have converted multiple natural centers to wingers, even when they had very little center depth. And, given that his numbers haven't just increased, but have exploded, and because he doesn't have the play making or vision that a top line center needs, he looks to be much more likely to be a top 6 winger not a middle 6 center.

You didn't read the article or watch any of his highlights from the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad