At 6th Overall the Red Wings Take Filip Zadina

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
That article... that writer.
Keep in mind, a year ago, that guy helped create unreasonable hype for Zadina, calling him an NHL-ready sniper.
The Athletic is turning into a pile of dung.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Oh John T. you've been calling The Athletic a pile of dung for 18 months. A lot of the time right to Custance's face. You still sub.

E: lol saw you make you presence known in the comments section after. Redder like a Feleno, knew it was you.

Reactions: Henkka

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zadina needs mentor . Just a few weeks ago he believes that he was a superstar who belongs in NHL , but now he cannot even score a goal. He is the most skilled prospect we have , hope his problems only temporary . Mabey pairing him with Veleno + veteran like Aby with NHL experience can help his development . I don't know if it possible to send Aby in GR, but he can be a very good mentor to Zadina

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
I just got an iPad and The Athletic is by far my fav app on there. Just discovered they have loads of exclusive podcasts

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Oh John T. you've been calling The Athletic a pile of dung for 18 months. A lot of the time right to Custance's face. You still sub.

They haven't raised my price.
When they do, I'm out.

For Wings coverage, Custance started with gusto. But he quickly backed off.
He's got book partnerships to think about.
Now it's just formulaic bullshit.

5 Reasons Why Things Might Not Be as Bad as You Think
How Your Struggling Young Star is Still Awesome
Why It's Not a Bad Thing Young Stud was Demoted While Useless Vet Plays

Same apologist reporting. Shiny new headline format.

These guys have quickly become paper tigers. They rarely call a spade a spade until someone's fired or moved on.

Sorry, but I can get that kind of beat writing from HSJ for free.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
They haven't raised my price.
When they do, I'm out.

For Wings coverage, Custance started with gusto. But he quickly backed off.
He's got book partnerships to think about.
Now it's just formulaic bull****.

5 Reasons Why Things Might Not Be as Bad as You Think
How Your Struggling Young Star is Still Awesome
Why It's Not a Bad Thing Young Stud was Demoted While Useless Vet Plays

Same apologist reporting. Shiny new headline format.

These guys have quickly become paper tigers. They rarely call a spade a spade until someone's fired or moved on.

Sorry, but I can get that kind of beat writing from HSJ for free.

You can find hot take artists all over the internet if that's what you prefer

Reactions: lomekian

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina needs mentor . Just a few weeks ago he believes that he was a superstar who belongs in NHL , but now he cannot even score a goal. He is the most skilled prospect we have , hope his problems only temporary .

Brett Hull (sniper) was best to mentor Datsyuk as a playmaker. I think Zetterberg (understands the big picture both as Pavel's triggerman and as a playmaker himself) who could take some extra job mentoring Zadina as a sniper.

Reactions: lilidk

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
What trips me out the most is that he actually worse this pre season than he did last pre season. Like he’s somehow regressed?

Yeah, from what I remember he actually looked quite good last pre-season and he definitely looked better in his call-up aswell. Part of it looks mental to me, not trying to justify his play, but it honestly looks like he's out there trying to prove something and in doing so he seems to do too much by himself.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it or if I'm remember it wrong but I'm sure his skating looked different last season, looked more smooth and deceptive.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Hot take artists?
Why not just go read the guy we're talking about in this thread.
Last year, when he called Zadina a "ready-made NHL sniper."
Turned out that was a hot take.
One day, perhaps. Not today. And not last year.

The guy had an opinion and backed it with video evidence and stats. A year later he posted an opion of praise with even more new video evidence and statistics. That's the exact opposite of a hot take regardless of how things worked out.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The guy had an opinion and backed it with video evidence and stats. A year later he posted an opion of praise with even more new video evidence and statistics. That's the exact opposite of a hot take regardless of how things worked out.

It was written like a fan who just got a thesaurus for Christmas.
Go back and read it.
It's ridiculous. You'd think we drafted Patrick Kane.
So much for "evidence."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Brett Hull (sniper) was best to mentor Datsyuk as a playmaker. I think Zetterberg (understands the big picture both as Pavel's triggerman and as a playmaker himself) who could take some extra job mentoring Zadina as a sniper.
All Brett Hull ever did on the Wings was skate around in circles waiting for Z and D to feed him the puck for a one timer. You should go back and watch videos. I always loved going to JLA and pointing that out to my friends. He literally skated in circles for entire game.

What playing with Brett Hull did for Z&D was he made them really good penalty killers. They became very much accustomed to playing in the D zone with only 4 skaters because Brett never played any defense.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah, from what I remember he actually looked quite good last pre-season and he definitely looked better in his call-up aswell. Part of it looks mental to me, not trying to justify his play, but it honestly looks like he's out there trying to prove something and in doing so he seems to do too much by himself.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it or if I'm remember it wrong but I'm sure his skating looked different last season, looked more smooth and deceptive.

I think is skating has improved a bit.
Last year he scored a couple PP goals, but his five on five play was awful.
He kept turning it over before his blueline or in neutral ice.
He also got rocked by open ice hits 3-4 times between prospect camp and exhibition season.
So that's another improvement. He's learned to pick up his head.

The only really perplexing thing to me about Zadina this year is his shot.
I don't know what happened. But he fires weak shot after weak shot. At 5 on 5. At even strength.
I just don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad