Player Discussion At 47 the Senators Select Alex Formenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens aren't trading Formenton and Batherson.

I think people know already that Sensung thinks that both Duchene and Stone are gone. You don’t really need to repeat it in every thread, particularly not in a prospect thread like this. If the poster want to envision this line, why not? Hope is a great thing in life, most people on the planet live that way instead of the Armageddon way.

IMO you should leave a little door that they are in fact re-signed because if they do you will look like an absolute fool.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think people know already that Sensung thinks that both Duchene and Stone are gone. You don’t really need to repeat it in every thread, particularly not in a prospect thread like this. If the poster want to envision this line, why not? Hope is a great thing in life, most people on the planet live that way instead of the Armageddon way.

IMO you should leave a little door that they are in fact re-signed because if they do you will look like an absolute fool.
The Sens have been able to re-sign Duchene since they acquired him. He's still not signed.

Assuming Duchene will be traded has more merit than assuming he'll be re-signed

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The Sens have been able to re-sign Duchene since they acquired him. He's still not signed.

Ok? But do you need to repeat it everywhere a thousand times?

Even if the chances are 95% that both Duchene and Stone are gone, you should leave a little door that they are extended. If they do, people might stop taking you seriously because you have been harping on it so much and ended up being wrong.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Ok? But do you need to repeat it everywhere a thousand times?

Even if the chances are 95% that both Duchene and Stone are gone, you should leave a little door that they are extended. If they do, people might stop taking you seriously because you have been harping on it so much and ended up being wrong.
Will the people that assume Duchene and Stone be re-signed need to be ashamed for being wrong if/when they are traded?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I thought the Senators could only sign an impending UFA, to an extension, in the last year of his current contract, which began July 1st, this year.

Is there a different rule if an impending UFA is acquired through a trade, that allows him to be signed at anytime after acquiring him, as you're suggesting?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Will the people that assume Duchene and Stone be re-signed need to be ashamed for being wrong if/when they are traded?

Do the people that assume both Duchene and Stone will be re-signed, state as much, in each and every post they make?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If both Stone and Duchene are gone, we could put Pageau in the middle of Formenton and Batherson. Someone who can skate but can also have a bit of a defensive mentality.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Largely forgotten, glad he looks healthy and expecting big things from him next year

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I really hope he at least starts in the AHL next year. Really not expecting it given he's broken camp with the team two years running. I just think he may be better served playing top-six minutes in Belleville on a (hopeful) playoff team, than playing bottom-six minutes on a team that is likely looking at a bottom-five finish.

I still think he needs to learn the offensive side of the game at the pro level, letting him develop alongside Brown/Norris/Chlapik for a year could do wonders.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I really hope he at least starts in the AHL next year. Really not expecting it given he's broken camp with the team two years running. I just think he may be better served playing top-six minutes in Belleville on a (hopeful) playoff team, than playing bottom-six minutes on a team that is likely looking at a bottom-five finish.

I still think he needs to learn the offensive side of the game at the pro level, letting him develop alongside Brown/Norris/Chlapik for a year could do wonders.

Agreed, and I am hoping he gets the Dzingel/Hoffman treatment. Formentons offensive output in junior is quite a bit lower than players who project towards the top lines, and I just believe he should not be rushed and be given time to develop that game. If he is in the minors for another 3 or 4 years and is able to develop like those two did, its worth it compared to rushing him to become a 4th liner ....

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Get to know your Ottawa Senators prospects: Alex Formenton

"At 6-foot-2 and 185 pounds he has the size to play in the NHL and he definitely has the speed but there are a few areas of his game where he will have to improve. such as his shot and hockey IQ, which he will surely do in the summer and his hopefully short stint in Belleville.

Being a left-wing is going to make it hard for Formenton to make it into the NHL on a full-time basis because the Senators are loaded on the left side with Brady Tkachuk, Anthony Duclair, Mikkel Boedker and Vitaly Abramov. "

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I generally don't put Boedker and loaded in the same sentence. If Formenton really shines in camp, it's entirely possible that Boedker just gets waived and sent to Belleville at some point to simply finish the year.

Reactions: Alex1234

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I generally don't put Boedker and loaded in the same sentence. If Formenton really shines in camp, it's entirely possible that Boedker just gets waived and sent to Belleville at some point to simply finish the year.

I’m fully in favour of the pump and dump. Put him on the top power play unit, inflate his points, brand him as a vet/good pro and some playoff team would toss a puck for him at the deadline

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m fully in favour of the pump and dump. Put him on the top power play unit, inflate his points, brand him as a vet/good pro and some playoff team would toss a puck for him at the deadline

Is a puck worth him blocking developmental opportunities for 3/4 of the season?

PD tends to burn picks to move up a spot in the draft to go off there board.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Is a puck worth him blocking developmental opportunities for 3/4 of the season?

There are many wing spots up for grabs on this year’s roster, that and I don’t think there’s any winger prospect that is SO ready that they’ll stunt their development by having reps in the AHL.

Sorry for throwing this off topic, go Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad