Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

The reality is that every player you mentioned, both as the ones you'd be happy if he emulated and the ones that would sour you on the pick are guilty of REPEATEDLY crossing the line. Weber received supplemental discipline twice during the 2021 playoffs alone ... let's not pretend he's some pristine player who had just one momentary lapse over the past 15 years. Walker head butted an opposing player ... Marchand licked a guy on ice ... Boughner got fined for being involved in an altercation this season AS A COACH.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Sure those Preds players crossed the line but they are nothing like Marchand. He does a lot of dirty shit that he hasn't gotten disciplined for and he turtles like a bitch.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Thrilled with this pick. I like the chip on his shoulder. Throw a puck in the corner and I'm going to come out with it. That's a pretty bold statement to make. I feel like we needed some intensity in our lineup like that.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Oh, lol, none I guess, I misread one of the posts.

That said, I think any of the players you mention play their careers with the Preds and most of the fanbase, while perhaps loathing some of their antics, would find ways to mostly rationalize their play and have no problem supporting them.
No doubt. I personally wouldn't condone or excuse a player like Marchand or Wilson but I'm sure you'reright about MOST of the fans though. As a fan, my choice would be to not have that on the team.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Sure those Preds players crossed the line but they are nothing like Marchand. He does a lot of dirty shit that he hasn't gotten disciplined for and he turtles like a bitch.

Marchand is also a point per game player for the past five seasons with 29 goals this past regular season (more than the Preds' two highest goal scorers combined). The only season he didn't reach 20 goals was the work stoppage shortened 2012-13 campaign. His positives far outweigh the clown show he can bring at times ... now with something like three seasons without garnering a suspension or fine.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
No doubt. I personally wouldn't condone or excuse a player like Marchand or Wilson but I'm sure you'reright about MOST of the fans though. As a fan, my choice would be to not have that on the team.
It's also a bit different when you're talking about an 18-year old that is looking for any edge or feature he can add to his game to get himself to the NHL level vs a guy that has established himself as a player. He's young and he can be molded to adapt that energy positively in his game and be more Yanni Gourde (I f***ing loathe that guy!) than Marchand/Wilson.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Marchand is also a point per game player for the past five seasons with 29 goals this past regular season (more than the Preds' two highest goal scorers combined). The only season he didn't reach 20 goals was the work stoppage shortened 2012-13 campaign. His positives far outweigh the clown show he can bring at times ... now with something like three seasons without garnering a suspension or fine.
He has definitely grown out of his idiocy for the most part. He still likes to spear guys though.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
It's also a bit different when you're talking about an 18-year old that is looking for any edge or feature he can add to his game to get himself to the NHL level vs a guy that has established himself as a player. He's young and he can be molded to adapt that energy positively in his game and be more Yanni Gourde (I f***ing loathe that guy!) than Marchand/Wilson.
100% agree, I love the pick.
I was refuting 101st_fan's assertion that Weber and Walker were the same as Marchand and Wilson.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
He has definitely grown out of his idiocy for the most part. He still likes to spear guys though.

So did Scott Nichol. He ended up in player development.

100% agree, I love the pick.
I was refuting 101st_fan's assertion that Weber and Walker were the same as Marchand and Wilson.

I disputed that Weber is some lily-white, clean player. All players with an edge cross into dirty play. Marchand has what ... six-suspensions and five fines none of which are in the past three seasons. Weber has somewhere around five fines in the NHL and suspensions at the world championships.

If L'Heureux can put up points (15-20 g per sesaon), win the 1-on-1 puck battles, and be a pest all at once then he buys himself some leeway for the inevitable penalties that come from that style of play. If he ends up like first three seasons of Tom Wilson or nothing more than Tootoo ... non-producing agitator to outright unproductive goon ... his leash ends up shortened and the pick looks bad considering the trade up to get him.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Nobody said Weber was a Saint.

His behavior towards Zetterberg was described "isolated" which ignores the pattern of his actions and history of supplemental discipline. Angry Shea has a tendency to cross the line and get fined. Even when he doesn't get supplemental discipline, he pushes the boundaries from time to time. That is expected from players known to play physical, in your face hockey.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
His behavior towards Zetterberg was described "isolated" which ignores the pattern of his actions and history of supplemental discipline. Angry Shea has a tendency to cross the line and get fined. Even when he doesn't get supplemental discipline, he pushes the boundaries from time to time. That is expected from players known to play physical, in your face hockey.
Agreed.

CRay

Feb 9, 2021
No more turtles, just in time too, one more cheap shot on Josi without a receipt might be curtains.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->