Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yes. First two incidents went through with pretty short bans, but Lamberg got 13 games and incidents after that have also gotten quite steep penalties. And as long as there's some line in those decisions we're heading the right direction.
Agreed. Reckless f***s like Tyrväinen need to be eradicated from hockey, and there is no better way to do so than making them pay.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Tyrväinen suspended for 6 games (3 regular season, 3 playoffs)

HIFK:n Juhani Tyrväiselle pelikielto – katso video

Rough points:
- First crosscheck can be considered a hockey play
- Second crosscheck is not a hockey play and is dangerous
- Second crosscheck is performed with full force on the knee from the side
- During second crosscheck puck is no longer in reach of Vesalainen

- This kind of crosscheck is aggravated and not part of hockey
- Committee finds that Tyrväinen has intentionally endangered the health of another player and must therefore be assessed a match penalty
- Suspended for 6 games (luckily Vesalainen not injuerd)

Reactions: KillEmAll83

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Should've been more. What he did is actually so ****ed up. Slow mo makes it look even worse.

One of the main points was "Didn't cause an injury". Good lord.

While I think this should have been 8-10 games, I can a) understand the "no injury" clause (had Vesalainen been injured, I'm sure Tyrväinen would have gotten >=10 games) and b) live with this. 6 games is in the right direction.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
And Viitakoski did that in the '89-90 season. There hasn't been a U19 goal scorer this good in almost 30 years. :popcorn:
Hard not to get excited about KV.

Earlier on in the Liiga season, when he got off to a slow start, I was hoping for a 10 goal season. As he begun to turn it on with 8 goals before WJC, I was thinking well 15 goals could now be in reach. Which would be a great season for him, and a very nice turn around from a disappointing year in terms of scoring last year.

But with 14 goals in his last 22 games, after the WJC, my expectations seem to have changed to where he has the best U19 season ever. :D

All in all, a very good season for KV.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good patience there, and a precise finish by the large bundle of adverts containing Vesalainen.

I had to slo-mo it to pick him out from his ad-studded uniform.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Any word if he'll be playing in the last game today? Or more resting for players?
Probably not, unfortunaltely. Kärpät has already won the regular season, so no reason of taking a risk of an injury on their best players.

Edit: And now I stand corrected. I went to check thing out the Kärpät homepage. Kärpät have not played well on their last games so apparently they want a win from the regular season ending home game. So they're going with their best team. They actually mention Vesalainen specifically on their pregame report. About how well he has played since he came to Kärpät and how they're trying to make him feel even better on the team, so that he might find still even another step to his game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad