Prospect Info: At 23rd Overall the Ducks take Centre Isac Lundestrom

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure I’d have him above Steel yet but he’s definitely near the top
Id have steel #1 based more around potential, steel is starting to look more comfortable at the nhl level... I just hope RC realizes he is an offensive weapon and would benefit strongly with Rakell/Silf/Kase etc on his wing.

If I had to choose 1 to stay up this year tho.. I think id side with Lundestrom…. as I think Steel would get more value going back to the AHL for a bit.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Played 16:11 being a +1 in today's game. Thoughts?

The way he uses his skating to create space for himself in transition and in the offensive zone is really something for an 18 year old. His vision appears to be very good as well, he had a cross ice pass broken up that would have been a beauty if it connected.

I'd like to see him given a spot with more offensive players, and especially against teams that arent Arizona and Detroit to really see where he is. Because at this point he's not that far behind of Steel if he's behind him at all.

Reactions: Exit Dose

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I hope he gets a few more games here then go back to Lulea.
He would be their best C ans get lots of PP time, could be good for him

Reactions: Getz2perry

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The way he uses his skating to create space for himself in transition and in the offensive zone is really something for an 18 year old. His vision appears to be very good as well, he had a cross ice pass broken up that would have been a beauty if it connected.

I'd like to see him given a spot with more offensive players, and especially against teams that arent Arizona and Detroit to really see where he is. Because at this point he's not that far behind of Steel if he's behind him at all.
That should have happened mid-game; by mid third at the latest. Steel's line was garbage and changing things up could have given us another goal and a win. It wasn't guaranteed to do that by any means, but I think the odds of it happening would have improved.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Might be our best prospect

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It is still hard to judge how good he can become. Certainly he does not look like a rookie.
I don't think it's unreasonable to predict that he has a minimum cap of a second line center. He plays a solid two way game, has terrific hands and smarts on the puck. He's making plays in the offensive zone that guys older than him can't pull off.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't think it's unreasonable to predict that he has a minimum cap of a second line center. He plays a solid two way game, has terrific hands and smarts on the puck. He's making plays in the offensive zone that guys older than him can't pull off.

I'm going to see if I can find any video of 18 year old Bergeron playing for the Bruins, I have a feeling there would be a lot of similarities. I'm not saying Lundestrom is quite as good, but seems to operate in much the same way.

Reactions: Masch78 and HanSolo

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Who knows what we have with Lundestrom, but in some ways he reminds me a little of Henrique. A very smart player who makes a lot of deft little plays in both ends of the ice, okay skater though not super quick or flashy, and has surprising skill in tight quarters at times. Isac has a certain smoothness about his game though, tough to put my finger on it, like he reads and anticipates the play more than just reacting. Where I see more skill displayed from guys like Steel and Terry, and they also see the ice very well, they seem to still be catching up to the speed of the game and can be too reactionary at times. Lundy already looks pretty comfortable with the NHL pace, and he shouldn't, which is pretty promising especially for his age.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad