Prospect Info: At 23rd Overall the Ducks take Centre Isac Lundestrom

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That`s unfortunate, I hoped to see him against NHL competition.

But I do believe that it might be something to do with our org saying him that there aren`t that much spots open for him (meaning that Steel might be on his way to play). But on the other hand, even then it is weird as we know Kes is gonna miss some time at the start and injuries can always happen.
Perhaps he realised he didn`t want to waste a whole year fighting with a lot of competition while he is (comparably) weaker/less skilled than others.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It may well be that the Ducks had an agreement with Lulea that he would be returned to them by a specific date. He is under contract to Lulea so I'm sure they didn't want him missing time once their league schedule began.

Reactions: McDonald19

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Steel looks anything like he did last pre season or the scrimmage sunday, he ain't making anything.

Reactions: McDonald19

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If Steel looks anything like he did last pre season or the scrimmage sunday, he ain't making anything.
If you look at things positively and not make the Ducks roster you can say you made the Gulls roster.

But chill, apparently he looked very good in prospect scrimmages, first practices in big camp and then looked tired. He might have had some extra specific workouts and were gassed. But we sure have to keep an eye on him, that`s true.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Don't know if Elliott is just complementing the kids game tonight or hinting at something, but if its the latter that's real interesting. Remember, Hampus was supposedly definitely going back to Sweden too in 2012.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
AHL wouldn’t be bad but I definitely don’t want him in the NHL this year. He was outperformed by Steel tonight, I see no reason to rush a guy who is 2 years behind the competition in development.

Steel’s been to 3 training camps now, he’s been to the WJC, mem cup, etc. it would be very surprising if he gets beaten by Lundestrom in this camp

Reactions: Goose of Reason
Oct 18, 2011
No problem with keeping him til the end of the preseason and going from there even if he starts with the ducks that doesn't preclude him from going back to Sweden. Our center options aren't great right now

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Did he make the team? If so, that's pretty dang impressive. I am jealous of your scouting.
Yes he did, but I think realistically he will back to Sweden sooner than later. But the dude is capable to play a nice game for sure

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
Local Swedish newspapers speaking to the agent and the SHL team coach claim that he'll stay with the big team for about a week or two more, and then sent back to Sweden. At the moment, AHL is not on the agenda (but no absolute guarantees on that).

As it sounds the Ducks also want to test him in action before being sent back. They made it clear that they know it's not meaningful for an 18 y.o. to be sidelined so expect him to be in the lineup soon. His parents is also coming over this weekend to see some games, I'd guess they've had some indication.

Of course, there's always the possibility to take a permanent roster spot if he does well on ice, but with the injured players coming in I'd say that's probably unlikely.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Played his 1st NHL game today playing 14:23 with 1:10 SH time being a +1 in the game and winning 50% of his faceoffs taken. What are your thoughts of him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad