Prospect Info: At 23rd Overall the Ducks take Centre Isac Lundestrom

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I don't know, the meanings of Stefan Nilsson are the most important for me. I think Lundeström may end up as a steal of the draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That video is more than a year old. If you take a look into that statement, it actually means he have fell off a bit since then

Or that people outthought themselves to some degree. Sam Steel "fell off" in his draft year too. This would also apply to Veleno, who similarly seemed to have his stock fall because he didn't produce as much as people thought he should.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Have to trust Madden on this pick. Lundestrom doesn't have the sexy stats but playing against men since he was 16 means he is very talented. Will be very interesting to see how he does this year and especially at the WJC20 this year. Should be Sweden's #1 center. Bokk is a sexy pick but far from a sure thing and has to be in your top 6 or he doesn't play in the NHL. Lundestrom will play in the NHL for sure. I would have been happy with either player but I'm hoping Lundestrom shows that he has that offensive upside that some think he's missing.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Or that people outthought themselves to some degree. Sam Steel "fell off" in his draft year too. This would also apply to Veleno, who similarly seemed to have his stock fall because he didn't produce as much as people thought he should.
And there are players that fell off rightfully.

No but I really like the pick, I`m just saying everything might not be as shiny as first thought.
I am also not aware of other options we had at #23

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
And there are players that fell off rightfully.

No but I really like the pick, I`m just saying everything might not be as shiny as first thought.
I am also not aware of other options we had at #23

Oh don't worry, few people think its shiny. Most of the disappointment is because its thought to be too safe and boring.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Reason's to trust Madden on the Lundestrom pick: both William Karlsson & Rickard Rakell are Madden picks, 2 of the top 3 Swedish Forwards in the NHL.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The thing that I`m worried (but I`m not sure I can call that a worry) is that Lundestrom is not able to work on his skillset and creativity as much just because he`s already good enough to play a certain role in SHL. Of course he has skill, but he is not able to develop that offensive role as much as Ricky (OHL) and Wild Bill (Swedish 2nd league) were. If you check his Elite Prospect page, he has never scored... more than 17 points for one team in a season, in any league.

The reason I mentioned that ''I`m not sure I am REALLY worried about that'' is that well, Wild Bill never scored more than 15 in any league and he just scored 40 in the NHL :laugh: And Lundestrom changed some leagues in some season so he scored more than 17 points in some season overall.

I just want him to put together a solid season where he is putting up some solid numbers. I`m sure that is what everyone here wants, and now it will be 3d year in the SHL for him so a good chance it happens next season :)
But I can see the ''risk'' with him as a first round pick, for some teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: JabbaJabba

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Backstrom
Forsberg
Rakell

Hell, I think I'd even take Will Nylander over Karlsson for next year

It is true though that the Swedish forwards currently in the league are significantly worse than they were 5-10 years ago. No one has really replaced the Sedins, Zetterberg, etc. yet. Backstrom is the only hall of fame talent still playing at a high level

Reactions: Paul4587

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Was away on vacation during the draft. Didn't have much time to read up on this year's prospects, so I focused on the centers.

After I read Lundeström's scouting report I "knew" the Ducks would take him if he was still available. Great pick there @Exit Dose.

Both Lundeström and Groulx really stood out as potential Ducks picks. Glad to have 'em both. :)

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Was away on vacation during the draft. Didn't have much time to read up on this year's prospects, so I focused on the centers.

After I read Lundeström's scouting report I "knew" the Ducks would take him if he was still available. Great pick there @Exit Dose.

Both Lundeström and Groulx really stood out as potential Ducks picks. Glad to have 'em both. :)

I think you have me mixed up with someone else. Hallander was the swede that caught my eye. Don't get me wrong, I think this was a great pick. I just wish we took Hallander in the second round.

Reactions: anezthes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Pretty nasty goal

wow... nice lateral movement, awareness, able to get his shot through and looks like he has a solid shot.

This pick has grown on me a bit, its a safe pick... with some pretty solid upside... at worst hes a good shutdown 3c but if he can click offensively he can be a pretty good 2c/shutdown guy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well O`Reilly was picked #31 and started his great career right away. Some guys are just built for the pro-game I guess.

We`ll see what happens. Probably it is better for him to go to Sweden for at least another year but I am happy he will get a taste/feel of the NHL training camp. Good news imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad