Latvia
I like this pick.

WJCs U-18 are for rookies, this guy played at U-20s

Solid stats in SHL

viiggen

Sep 26, 2009
Luleå
I like this pick.

He's 18 now and has been playing in the men's SHL league for two year. That means he broke in as a 16 year-old (assuming hockey seasons in the SHL starts in October like here on North American soil). Isac improved play production between the two season as well. He's got speed as a skating center and plays a 200 ft game on the ice.

The Ducks probably aren't in a hurry to rush him, considering the many center prospects it has going into the AHL this coming season with Steel and Terry, along with Nattinen. So Isac can continue his progress in the SHL league. I hope he progresses.

He will get a even bigger role the upcoming season in Lulea. Last season he got some good linemates, playing alongside the teams top goalscorer, and that line is intact. So i will not be suprised if he will double his point totals. But still he will have the more defensive role in the line of the three.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Low risk pick for the Ducks, sounds like his work ethic is pretty good and I like to hear he has high hockey IQ. He's a kid playing in a men's league and putting up interesting numbers, I feel better about this pick now and liking it more and more. I saw comparison to Mikko Koivu, which would be great.
Welcome to Anaheim Isac!

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Another Swede, should have guessed. Not the most exciting pick but very typical pick for the Ducks. We'll see, two years in Luleå is quite promising sign, maybe we'll see an offensive breakthrough next season?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
ugh

really bummed they passed on thomas. this is your typical ducks draft pick

I don't hate the pick... its a solid pick I just feel we could have traded up in 2nd to grab him... and grabbed someone with a high end offensive skill set like bokk… there were a lot of good guys still available at 23

I get the impression the team was really high on him and that's who they were aiming for all along.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't hate the pick... its a solid pick I just feel we could have traded up in 2nd to grab him... and grabbed someone with a high end offensive skill set like bokk… there were a lot of good guys still available at 23

I get the impression the team was really high on him and that's who they were aiming for all along.

I initially wasn't that high on Lundeström, but after some consideration I've decided to trust Madden on this pick. I just hope that we draft some high-upside guys today...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I initially wasn't that high on Lundeström, but after some consideration I've decided to trust Madden on this pick. I just hope that we draft some high-upside guys today...
Watching his videos... lundestrom seems like his skill is pretty under rated.... kinda reminds me of the rakell pick a bit.... I don't think anyone saw rakell as a 70 point 30 goal guy at the nhl leve.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Watching his videos... lundestrom seems like his skill is pretty under rated.... kinda reminds me of the rakell pick a bit.... I don't think anyone saw rakell as a 70 point 30 goal guy at the nhl leve.
This. I like that he's quite fast, that the Ducks will eventually have mostly fast moving Centers someday.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I'm not seeing a whole lot of puck retention ability. I see a good motor, vision and a nose for the net with pretty good finishing ability, but he just doesn't strike me as a guy who can go east - west and create time and space with puck handling and agility. That would be fine except I also think that's something we are severely lacking on the big club.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Didn't look into possible picks that much this season, but I like the pick from what I've been reading and looking at.

In Madden we trust. Bring on the Swedes!

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
People didn’t care for the Rakell pick or Steel pick when they were made. Our scouts are good, so I trust them. He was rated higher than where we took him, so that’s a plus. People are complaining we didn’t take tee “upside” guy in Veleno, who they were all saying his up side is a middle 6 forward. I like the pick and he’ll turn into a solid pro

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
plays kinda like karlsson did

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
plays kinda like karlsson did

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Was hoping for Bokk, but the more I watch this kid the more I like him.

I heard that some of the scouts feel that behind Dahlin and Svechnikov, Lundestrom is the most NHL ready player in the draft. Also good to see he put up ok numbers playing pro in Sweden this year. Will be interesting to see how he does this upcoming year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Was hoping for Bokk, but the more I watch this kid the more I like him.

I heard that some of the scouts feel that behind Dahlin and Svechnikov, Lundestrom is the most NHL ready player in the draft. Also good to see he put up ok numbers playing pro in Sweden this year. Will be interesting to see how he does this upcoming year.

Who's scouts would those be? Because nobody I've read or heard during the draft ever said that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That video is more than a year old. If you take a look into that statement, it actually means he have fell off a bit since then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad