Prospect Info: At 23rd Overall the Ducks take Centre Isac Lundestrom

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
On the surface it looks like a low upside pick but I stopped jumping to conclusions about our draft picks years ago. He’s obviously been good enough to play in a men’s league the past couple of years but it’s a shame he hasn’t had more time in the U20s as the guy playing huge minutes.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I would have felt better about this player if we somehow traded back and picked him with a Toronto owned draft pick. That said - in Madden we trust!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
On the surface it looks like a low upside pick but I stopped jumping to conclusions about our draft picks years ago. He’s obviously been good enough to play in a men’s league the past couple of years but it’s a shame he hasn’t had more time in the U20s as the guy playing huge minutes.

Yeah that's why I stopped paying a lot of attention to stuff pre-draft. I'm not betting against these guys ever again, especially with Europeans.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Really a fine pick for #23. His draft year numbers for the SHL are pretty decent, and Canucks Army (I can get a link here soon) have an article about him that talks about how his fancy stats are excellent in the SHL,and not even for just a 17 year old.

I'm disappointed because I wanted more high end skill and would have much rather picked Veleno,Berggren or Bokk. But this is a solid pick and Lundestrom should be pushing for a spot in 2-3 years.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
After more and more reading I'm liking this pick more, feels like the lindholm draft all over again.

Reactions: Fighter

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like he himself admits he doesn't look to shoot enough...hopefully he doesn't go full Nättinen

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I like this pick.

He's 18 now and has been playing in the men's SHL league for two year. That means he broke in as a 16 year-old (assuming hockey seasons in the SHL starts in October like here on North American soil). Isac improved play production between the two season as well. He's got speed as a skating center and plays a 200 ft game on the ice.

The Ducks probably aren't in a hurry to rush him, considering the many center prospects it has going into the AHL this coming season with Steel and Terry, along with Nattinen. So Isac can continue his progress in the SHL league. I hope he progresses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad