Prospect Info: At 20th Overall the Wild Select Jesper Wallstedt

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
We could just as easily discount a goalie's performance playing in the NHL because he had NHL Dmen protecting him.
If the defense was something special sure, or something special for a stretch of games.

But there are more than a few teams in the NHL that see a lot of shots because of poor defense and or poor structure, and again, playing against the BEST players in the world like McJesus, NMac, Kane, Ovechkin, etc every night you are bound to still have to perform.

In the case of Wally, he had both men attacking and defending. In some ways, he got to show what his talent is by stopping the men shooting at him. And in some ways, he didn't get to show his talent by not having the leaky defense that most Junior teams have.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Wallstedt is staying in Sweden next season according to swedish media

After that i guess he is ready for a season in north america and could be some playtime in NHL next season (22-23)hopefully.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wallstedt is staying in Sweden next season according to swedish media

After that i guess he is ready for a season in north america and could be some playtime in NHL next season (22-23)hopefully.

Did they say if he was staying with Lulea or is he playing for another Swedish team?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well, his sv% might not look like much right now(.900), but has a 2.07 GAA after 3 games. But compare that to Lassinantti who is back(and was set to be Luleå'a starter) who got the latest two games against two teams that went into the season as bottom teams, and has a .846sv% and 4.14GAA, and it looks much better. I will say, Luleå's playstyle isn't great for goalie stats: remove low danger shots, but keep the high danger shots.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, his sv% might not look like much right now(.900), but has a 2.07 GAA after 3 games. But compare that to Lassinantti who is back(and was set to be Luleå'a starter) who got the latest two games against two teams that went into the season as bottom teams, and has a .846sv% and 4.14GAA, and it looks much better. I will say, Luleå's playstyle isn't great for goalie stats: remove low danger shots, but keep the high danger shots.
Please keep the updates on Wallstedt coming!

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, Wallstedt has been good so far. I was surprised Lassinantti got to play this game, with his poor perfomance last game and just being back from an injury.

With the statistics that are available, Luleå has alowed the second least shots in the shooting sector and the second least overall. They also have the lowest xGA / match of all teams (1.96).
So statistically speaking, it does not seem that way, but in reality it usually differs.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Is his team known as a good defensive team? Watching that highlight video they seem to give up quite a few clean opportunities right in front of the crease.
Stats of the their other goalie look good in previous years though.

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
Is his team known as a good defensive team? Watching that highlight video they seem to give up quite a few clean opportunities right in front of the crease.
Stats of the their other goalie look good in previous years though.
His team Luleå is best known for their defense and was the best defensive team between 2018 up too the second half of last season. Since then they havent been quite as consistent giving up more high danger scoring chances more often. But statistically they are still one of the best defensive teams in the league. Luleås playing style is about hard work and limiting the amount of scoring chances for the opponent. They are best known for being the "boring" team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->