At 20th Overall the Kings Select Rasmus Kupari

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
""""He is a mix of Jesse Puljujärvi and Sebastian Aho, Mikko Manner (Kärpät HC) 2017
Slick Finnish forward, very dangerous with the puck on his stick, always a threat offensively, ISS Hockey 2017"""

Now, this was stated in 2017, when Rasmus was 17 years old...and when Puljujarvi was 19. If Rasmus
lands somewhere between Puljujarvi and Aho, that won't be horrible...but hopefully, closer to Aho!

A lot has happened over 4 years, so should really pay no mind to this, other than Rasmus was pretty
highly regarded as being one of the best in Finland, at 17. It's hard to believe he's still only 20.

It's awesome to soon have a roster without the Amadios and Luffs...and push all others to be better.
The Kupari's, Turcotte's, Byfield's, Madden's are coming for your spot! Yes, Kaliyev, Fagemo and Thomas say hi too.
I think it was a stylistic comparison.

Puljujarvi still has the better tools than Aho. Aho just has the premium toolbox in hockey iq.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Anyone think he gets a game? I'm so curious to see what he an do in the NHL! He's looked amazing to start the season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'd stick him with Kempe and Vilardi and see what happens.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Kupari
Grundstrom - Carter - Moore
Andersson - Lizotte - Athanasiou

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Kupari just got called back up to the taxi squad. I like that they're showing him they like what he's doing, but unless he gets an NHL game I really don't like him hopping up and down constantly. He could use some consistency.

Reactions: apocalypse

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I think he gets a game this weekend with the Kings.

Reactions: YP44

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Really interested to see if Kupari gets in the lineup. He looks like a completely different player than last season. He's always had the wheels and stick handling, but now the package is doing hockey things at an elevated level.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I hope he gets into the lineup tonight.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Vilardi-Grundstrom/Athansiou
Athansiou/Grundstom-Carter-Kupari
Wagner-Lizotte-Luff

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
memo to Todd:

Please give Rasmus a real chance at success:

1. Keep any and all of: Amadio, Luff, Wagner off the ice with him.
2. If he makes an error or misses something, look at it the same way YOU do when Carter makes 2-4 each game and Jeff is back out there next shift.
3. Give his line a second unit PP minute, if possible
4. Tell him he can be 'our Kaprizov' and get after it.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Good news. Hopefully he plays well enough to stick. Amadio and Lizotte have been terrible this season and the quicker they are replaced by our prospects the better.

It also gets him away from the losing situation down on the farm.
Good news. Hopefully he plays well enough to stick. Amadio and Lizotte have been terrible this season and the quicker they are replaced by our prospects the better.

It also gets him away from the losing situation down on the farm.

Lizotte has played well, he definitely has a future here.

Amadio and Luff, Wagner to less of an extent, are place holders and what you get for strip mining your asset list AND have an underperforming developmental team.

But Lizotte is doing just fine.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Lizotte has played well, he definitely has a future here.

Amadio and Luff, Wagner to less of an extent, are place holders and what you get for strip mining your asset list AND have an underperforming developmental team.

But Lizotte is doing just fine.

Eh, I liked him last year. This year I don't know, maybe it was the Covid but he hasn't looked nearly as good. For the future I think our bottom six will consist of guys like Kempe, Moore, JAD, Wagner, Kupari. I just don't know if he has it to be a regular on a contender.

Reactions: Schmooley

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Eh, I liked him last year. This year I don't know, maybe it was the Covid but he hasn't looked nearly as good. For the future I think our bottom six will consist of guys like Kempe, Moore, JAD, Wagner, Kupari. I just don't know if he has it to be a regular on a contender.

Last year Kempe-Lizotte-Wagner was the second most frequent line combination and Lizotte played more than half his ES minutes with either Kempe or Wagner (or both). They were tremendously effective at maintaining possession.

This season he's spent time in COVID protocol and started out being paired with Carter/Athanasiou on the second line. I think Lizotte is an ideal 4th (or 3rd) line/PK guy on a good team but I don't think anyone believes he can anchor a second line consistently. Since his return and JADs injury they've been jumbling the bottom 6. He'll find his spot/partners.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Last year Kempe-Lizotte-Wagner was the second most frequent line combination and Lizotte played more than half his ES minutes with either Kempe or Wagner (or both). They were tremendously effective at maintaining possession.

This season he's spent time in COVID protocol and started out being paired with Carter/Athanasiou on the second line. I think Lizotte is an ideal 4th (or 3rd) line/PK guy on a good team but I don't think anyone believes he can anchor a second line consistently. Since his return and JADs injury they've been jumbling the bottom 6. He'll find his spot/partners.
If they're going to play Kempe on the bottom 6 then they just need to roll out the Kempe-Lizotte-Wagner line. They were tremendously effective last year, a true set and forget 4th line that can change momentum.

Reactions: Schmooley

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
The reviews from 4 years ago:

"He is a mix of Jesse Puljujärvi and Sebastian Aho, Mikko Manner (Kärpät HC) 2017
Slick Finnish forward, very dangerous with the puck on his stick, always a threat offensively, ISS Hockey 2017"

Those reviews Are now manifesting on the ice in the NHL with the Kings....love the way he skates with some power and authority, through center.
Please never put him on wing again. He's getting better every shift. So good to see. Even loved his assist, where he was entering the zone
and was going to be stopped, so dished it quickly to Danault and Philip INSTANTLY moved it to Iafallo, with a sharp pass.
(but Phil cannot play offense) Kupari is getting it..he actually has it, just putting it together.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->