Player Discussion: At 18th Overall Blue Jackets Take Liam Foudy

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
We've been fine without Jason Chimera almost 10 years... why would we draft the new Chimera?

Reactions: Samkow

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
To be fair there was no one left I wanted. Id like to get Wise in the 2nd here though.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Sucks that our scouts always have to be the smartest guys in the room. Glad to see we are now emphasizing speed , but this pick is puzzling . We draft great in later rounds , but would foudy not be there with our second pick ?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
or TJ Oshie part 2. dude was buried to start the year and took off after he got more of a chance. this draft had a lot of potential for movement so its not too crazy

The analysts literally said that no scouting expert (atleast 10 surveyed) had Foudy going in the first round.

Reactions: Cowumbus

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The analysts literally said that no scouting expert (atleast 10 surveyed) had Foudy going in the first round.

Cool story, really dont care to be honest. How many experts had PLD as a center and above Pulujarvi? Tons of other examples over the years. I also love how people complain when teams stray from the consensus and they look back with hindsight and complain they didnt

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Cool story, really dont care to be honest. How many experts had PLD as a center and above Pulujarvi? Tons of other examples over the years. I also love how people complain when teams stray from the consensus and they look back with hindsight and complain they didnt
Yep , but we’ve whiffed on some defenseman as well, drafting big slower types

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Liam Foudy #18................Freakish Athlete!!
18th pick by the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Seen him play over 100 games.
Great Pick by Blue Jackets!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Pronman.

Foudy’s one of the best skaters in this draft class. Foudy can jet up the ice and put pressure on opponents by backing up defenders or closing on them on the forecheck. His skill level doesn’t match his feet, but, as the season went on, he started to show more confidence making plays and can flash good puck skills.

Pronman’s take: Foudy was a massive riser in the second half, and if you believe in some of the things he showed after the OHL trade deadline, he’s a good player. The skills/IQ don’t justify it for me at No. 18, but he’s one of the top 2-3 speedsters in the class. If you think the rest of the skill set catches up, he could be very good, and some scouts I’ve talked to do believe in him a lot.

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->