http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=236429

BIRTHYEAR 1999-06-15 BIRTHPLACE Olomouc, CZE
AGE 18 NATION Czech Rep.
POSITION D SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 181 cm / 5'11" WEIGHT 75 kg / 165 lbs
YOUTH TEAM HC Olomouc CONTRACT Junior
NHL DRAFT 2017 round 5 #150 overall by Chicago Blackhawks
RANKINGS Ranked #146 by Future Considerations
Ranked #26 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters)

==

Found this:

Key Moment: RHD Jakub Galvas (2017) is a dependable two-way defenseman with top-four upside and a solid option for the power play. But it was his aggressiveness in overtime against the Swedes — coupled with Zadina’s magical vision and passing — that propelled the Czechs to their first-ever Hlinka gold medal game. Galvas jumped into the zone off a change and stepped into a behind-the-net centering pass from the right circle that beat goalie Olle Erikkson Ek and sent Sweden packing. He led all blueliners in tournament scoring with two goals and three assists in five games.

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2017-nhl-draft/2016-hlinka-recap/

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
From Elite Prospects:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=236429

BIRTHYEAR 1999-06-15 BIRTHPLACE Olomouc, CZE
AGE 18 NATION Czech Rep.
POSITION D SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 181 cm / 5'11" WEIGHT 75 kg / 165 lbs
YOUTH TEAM HC Olomouc CONTRACT Junior
NHL DRAFT 2017 round 5 #150 overall by Chicago Blackhawks
RANKINGS Ranked #146 by Future Considerations
Ranked #26 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters)

==

Found this:

Key Moment: RHD Jakub Galvas (2017) is a dependable two-way defenseman with top-four upside and a solid option for the power play. But it was his aggressiveness in overtime against the Swedes — coupled with Zadina’s magical vision and passing — that propelled the Czechs to their first-ever Hlinka gold medal game. Galvas jumped into the zone off a change and stepped into a behind-the-net centering pass from the right circle that beat goalie Olle Erikkson Ek and sent Sweden packing. He led all blueliners in tournament scoring with two goals and three assists in five games.

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2017-nhl-draft/2016-hlinka-recap/

All true and good...except he is another smurf..5'11 165
..Kelley loves Dmen who getbpushedcaroundcand cannot clear the front of our net against the Big Boys and playoff battles ..This draft has been very unbalanced by Kelley ..Too many smallish guys...Did not address pipeline goaltending for 3-5 years development out..Did not address Big C's who can win draws......I think he went overboard with 3 smallish RD men and no big size at forward.. with 2 rounds to go .. Also Kelley has not yet landed a single guy on my targets list. .Lame.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
All true and good...except he is another smurf..5'11 165
..Kelley loves Dmen who getbpushedcaroundcand cannot clear the front of our net against the Big Boys and playoff battles ..This draft has been very unbalanced by Kelley ..Too many smallish guys...Did not address pipeline goaltending for 3-5 years development out..Did not address Big C's who can win draws......I think he went overboard with 3 smallish RD men and no big size at forward.. with 2 rounds to go .. Also Kelley has not yet landed a single guy on my targets list. .Lame.

Who cares about YOUR list. According to you, we should have used our first round pick on Max Gildon who went in the third round (right where everyone but you was projecting him), cause he is big, skates well, big shot, and has little hockey sense to make any of that useful at the pro level. Maybe the hockey sense improves and he ends up a decent prospect down the road, but in the meantime he went right where he should have....aka not in the first round.

As for goalies, I am not all that disappointed we didn't draft one even though we could use one in the pipeline. Reality is that that position is awfully hard to project at age 17/18 and good NHL goalies come from places other then the draft. We just added Forsberg in the Panarin trade and if we happen to land Cal Petersen the soon to be UFA draft pick of the Sabres, I'll be pretty happy with where we sit organizationally. We spent a 3rd round pick on Wouter Peeters last year and he is slated to play in the USHL this year. We have managed to have a revolving door of pretty good goalie options without using draft picks to get there during the Cup era...Darling, Hutton, Raanta, Niemi.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Galvas has played against men in the top Czech league for two years now. Also impressed at Hlinka in his draft year.

Any chance he comes over to the AHL his season?

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Another late lottery pick. Hopefully this thread gets bumped in a few years with some good news!

Not sure how much of a bump it deserves since he is playing in Finland and not major junior or in either the KHL or SHL.

But on the plus-side he was among the leaders in minutes played and was a top pair defender for Jukurit as a 20-year-old. He also skated for the Czech men’s team for the first time in the Karjala leg of the Europe Cup.

Likely still low on the pecking order but the Hawks do have until next June to sign him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Not sure how much of a bump it deserves since he is playing in Finland and not major junior or in either the KHL or SHL.

But on the plus-side he was among the leaders in minutes played and was a top pair defender for Jukurit as a 20-year-old. He also skated for the Czech men’s team for the first time in the Karjala leg of the Europe Cup.

Likely still low on the pecking order but the Hawks do have until next June to sign him.

Fully expect the hawks to sign him. Really no excuse for them not to.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
who knows with him, he could be a very good player in the future, its tough to say but what I do like is that he has been playing against men for some time and was confident enough to know where he is in his dev't to sign a two year deal to play in Finland again with men and that is fine with me.

Stands to reason if he continues to dev't he goes to the AHL for one year likely perhaps two and then may be good enough to make the jump.

I do like his style of play and it is reminiscent of Campbell, along the same lines he kinda reminds me of Brian Rafalski

Reactions: Dividejoy

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
who knows with him, he could be a very good player in the future, its tough to say but what I do like is that he has been playing against men for some time and was confident enough to know where he is in his dev't to sign a two year deal to play in Finland again with men and that is fine with me.

Stands to reason if he continues to dev't he goes to the AHL for one year likely perhaps two and then may be good enough to make the jump.

I do like his style of play and it is reminiscent of Campbell, along the same lines he kinda reminds me of Brian Rafalski
That's the neat thing with Galvas. At 21 years old, He's already been playing pro hockey against men for 4 years.

I wish he signed in a better league like the SHL instead, but he's getting tons of minutes (top 30 in the league) so that's a positive. Even with Jukurit being one of the worst teams in the league, it's still encouraging to see him on their top pairing.

I fully expect him to be in Rockford to start the 2021-22 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad