At 13th Overall the Stars take Ty Dellandrea

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
Everyone should be ecstatic Nill didn't take another Russian. Instead he took a good old Canadian boy.

There is something you all have to understand about us Canadians. Water boys on most Canadian midget teams would be the best players in the world in a great majority of countries.
1f60a.png

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why are people fine with this pick lmao

We were in a terrific position to swing for the fences and we crashed on takeoff, as per usual.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Why are people fine with this pick lmao

We were in a terrific position to swing for the fences and we crashed on takeoff, as per usual.

I think it's more of just dealing with it more than anything. Personally I wanted Farabee but I'm settling with this and fine with it at this point since we have no other choice

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Meh. I'm sick of dealing with bad draft picks in the Nill-MacDonnell Era.

We don't really know if he is a bad pick yet tho..could turn out to be great who knows. With that being said, I'm definitely not going to get my hopes up with any Nill draft pick (other than Heiskanen obviously). I'm also tired of him going way off the board to draft players when it obviously has not worked out for him in the past with us

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah, exactly pal.

I read soooooooooooooo much pre-draft hype about how Denis Guryanov was going to be a superstar in the league.
You read a lot of hype how a consensus 2nd rounder was going to be a superstar?

We've never swung for the fences in the McDonnell era.
We've done a lot of "I'm the smartest guy in the room" type shit with low hockey IQ players who are drafted for scoring prowess with zero scoring ability to back it up, and size because can't teach that, at least Ty bucks that trend in that IQ isn't something of a negative on him, however he is essentially the "we don't know how to draft skill players" so steer into the skid and take low ceiling, high floor ,2way grinder types because that's all we can turn out anyway type of pick.

It another reach, it's not as bad as passing up Barzal for an unable to score "scoring" winger that is a "top 7 talent no question" 2nd rounder taken about 30 spots to soon, or as bad as passing on Tolvanen for a f***ing goalie, but it's pretty bad

Last edited:

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Dellandrea will be better than Veleno for sure. I think he's a 2C on a strong team: someone that plays 2nd PP, PK, that scores 50-60 points while getting tough match-ups.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Pretty disappointing pick, can’t believe this is still happening with Nill and our scouting team. Drop down if you were gonna take him. Worst part is that they had his name on the jersey ready to pick this kid.

Anyways, time will tell if this pick will pan out, but today, this pick is nothing but a reach considering the other names on the board.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
After reading into Dellandrea a little more I’m starting to not mind the pick as much . Definately a safer pick than guryanov .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You read a lot of hype how a consensus 2nd rounder was going to be a superstar?

We've never swung for the fences in the McDonnell era.
We've done a lot of "I'm the smartest guy in the room" type **** with low hockey IQ players who are drafted for scoring prowess with zero scoring ability to back it up, and size because can't teach that, at least Ty bucks that trend in that IQ isn't something of a negative on him, however he is essentially the "we don't know how to draft skill players" so steer into the skid and take low ceiling, high floor ,2way grinder types because that's all we can turn out anyway type of pick.

It another reach, it's not as bad as passing up Barzal for an unable to score "scoring" winger that is a "top 7 talent no question" 2nd rounder taken about 30 spots to soon, or as bad as passing on Tolvanen for a ****ing goalie, but it's pretty bad

My post was sarcastic boss

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Stars drafts are just depressing at this point. It’s not even that Dellandrea is bad, I like the kid, but either take the potential elite talent that fell into your lap or trade back. The entire scouting staff needs to go.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Pretty disappointing pick, can’t believe this is still happening with Nill and our scouting team. Drop down if you were gonna take him. Worst part is that they had his name on the jersey ready to pick this kid.

Anyways, time will tell if this pick will pan out, but today, this pick is nothing but a reach considering the other names on the board.
it wouldnt shock me if they had this kid in their top 5. They mentioned something about possibly trading back and perhaps they got cold feet and just took their guy. Maybe there were rumblings of someone else being after him early.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
The other thing that is worrying me here is tomorrows pick. Theres likely some good prospects available at 44 but I can easily see us going with a "he didnt produce much because he was low on the depth chart" type of guy. Its perfect for Nill who seems to have a crazy infatuation with organizational depth

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The other thing that is worrying me here is tomorrows pick. Theres likely some good prospects available at 44 but I can easily see us going with a "he didnt produce much because he was low on the depth chart" type of guy. Its perfect for Nill who seems to have a crazy infatuation with organizational depth
Considering they had his (Dellandrea) name on the jersey, which IMO means they were 100% locked onto him regardless of who fell, i'd assume the same holds true tomorrow as well.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
If this helps anyone mentally (like it did for me), here are some of his fancy stats.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad