At 13th, Leafs pick...

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
One way to solve this BPA dispute is hoping that that at #13, the BPA is a forward!

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
Draft

From what I've heard if Couture is still available at #11 don't expect him to last past that.

That said, those are all players I'd say the Leafs should look into with their first pick. They could use another solid offensive type and there are plenty of those available in that area.

The Leafs need a skilled forward like Sutter or Couture. they should trade a defence prospect to get them.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The Leafs need a skilled forward like Sutter or Couture. they should trade a defence prospect to get them.

i dont think sutter would be the right pick for them. i dont see him becoming a top 6 forward and he is not BPA at 13.

AlMo

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The Leafs need to pick the best available player that fills their needs. They need wingers that score goals. They need a guy that could potentially pot 40 goals in the future. Some times picking the "best available player" is an overstatment. It's not like the Leafs are picking in the top 5 where you know you are getting a true bluechipper. At 13, every team would have their own opinion on who the "best player available is"

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
The Leafs need a skilled forward like Sutter or Couture

Maybe it's just me but when I think skilled forward, I don't think "like Sutter or Couture", I think "like Eller or Backlund". To me, I just don't know if Sutter or Couture have the offensive upside that Eller or Backlund do.

But who knows maybe it's the Don Cherry influence. Gotta be Canadian right. :help:

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Leafs should draft Repik

I know Repik is lower than many players, but I think the Leafs should draft him. He is a right handed winger who is the type of prospect the Leafs need.

Hawkey1967

Tim Horton
May 15, 2006
I know Repik is lower than many players, but I think the Leafs should draft him. He is a right handed winger who is the type of prospect the Leafs need.

lol, someone is watching the Memorial Cup.
although Repik is a very good young player.

Bill_Crosby*

I think the Leafs should gamble a bit on Lars Eller. From what I am reading he may be one of the most rounded players in the entire draft.

BigKahuna*

The Leafs should draft Perron or Backlund

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think this is going to be a draft in which the first round features a lot of 2-4 defensemen taken, I could see the Leafs picking a player of that ilk (such as a Petrecki or Shattenkirk).

Last edited:

BigKahuna*

I think this is going to be a draft in which the first round features a lot of 2-4 defensemen are taken, I could see the Leafs picking a player of that ilk (such as a Petrecki or Shattenkirk).

The Leafs are loaded with defencemen on there team and in the system, what they need to draft is some forwards who can snipe.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
While I already posted something on BPA always being the way to go, I will say it is actually more likely one of the top forwards will slip to #13 than either of the top 2 d-men, assuming Alzner and Ellerby are off the board. Of course, some teams might have the likes of Shattenkirk, Petrecki and perhaps even McDonagh ahead of Ellerby, but I'd still say Keaton is likely top 2 on most team boards.

As such, and even if Ellerby is on the board, it is quite possible one of Hamil, Couture or Espo will be around at #13, so they are great value in terms of upside at that position. Eller, Mayorov and Backlund are also all high skilled upside forwards who the Leafs might consider.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The Leafs are loaded with defencemen on there team and in the system, what they need to draft is some forwards who can snipe.

Personally, I think the Leafs should jump if Esposito is still on the board. He's the kind of righ risk/high reward forward they need in their system. I'm not sure he'll be there though.

BigKahuna*

Personally, I think the Leafs should jump if Esposito is still on the board. He's the kind of righ risk/high reward forward they need in their system. I'm not sure he'll be there though.

Id pass.

Ive never been that impressed by Esposito and think there are better players that can be had at #13 then him like Backlund. He just seems to have big potential to be a bust from what I have seen.

Leaf the Lucky

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
As much as I'd like a BPA forward in this draft, if Petrecki is available at 13, the Leafs need to pick him up. I see a poor man's Phaneuf in him.

If I could pick anybody, I'd get Turris but that's not possible barring a trade up to #3.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
It'll come down to Lars Eller, Mikael Backlund and Logan Couture for the Leafs.

Leafs should go after Eller only because I can see him adjusting well to the wing, rather than Backlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad