ASU hockey

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The sun devils games I went to we’re far more exciting than any Coyotes game I’ve gone to in years. Crowd sucked but the energy on the ice was solid.

If the coyotes move, I won’t miss hockey. I’ll just root for ASU even more

Reactions: Matias Maccete

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Danny's kid...nice. The article says Phoenix born but when I looked him up on Elite Prospects it says born in NJ. :dunno:

...and Hockey DB says born in Philly.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Had posted this to the generic AZ sports teams thread but should be included here. This was a piece NBC ran as part of the Hockey Day In America celebration.

Reactions: MIG

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I still want to give Johnny Walker a try for our team. Might end up being a fourth line plug but it’s a great story
Absolutely, I’ve been saying this for over a year. It helps that Johnnie Walker is my drink of choice among regularly affordable scotch/whiskeys.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I stared following this team right when I got my press credentials for the NHL/Coyotes. I would go watch their tryouts (long ago)at Oceanside and then head up to the ice den for the yearly informal Coyotes workouts at the Ice Den. It’s been amazing to see this team go from a club team, to a national championship club team to D1, to nationally ranked D1 team. They’re going to start owning recruiting after this season.

That said, it would be awesome to see the team take their home games back to the ice den as they used to have them.

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
Danny's kid...nice. The article says Phoenix born but when I looked him up on Elite Prospects it says born in NJ. :dunno:...and Hockey DB says born in Philly.

Daniel Brière played on the Coyotes until 2002 and didn't go to the Flyers until 2007, so Carson Brière was probably born in AZ.

Reactions: MIG and CC96

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Said it years ago, saying it again, ASU will be playing in Frozen Fours.

BU and BC get New England kids. Michigan monopolizes Detroit / OHL territory, but traditionally doesn't go to W Canada or Europe. The Gophers clean up Minnesota kids but don't do a ton of damage outside the state. The Sioux get a bunch from Western Canada, but why would a Boston kid go way out there? Nobody is going to be able to touch ASU's recruiting once they get up to speed.

College hockey in Tempe with year-round flip flops and all the smokes from the East Valley will appeal to every 18 year old boy from Vancouver to Maine.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Said it years ago, saying it again, ASU will be playing in Frozen Fours.

BU and BC get New England kids. Michigan monopolizes Detroit / OHL territory, but traditionally doesn't go to W Canada or Europe. The Gophers clean up Minnesota kids but don't do a ton of damage outside the state. The Sioux get a bunch from Western Canada, but why would a Boston kid go way out there? Nobody is going to be able to touch ASU's recruiting once they get up to speed.

College hockey in Tempe with year-round flip flops and all the smokes from the East Valley will appeal to every 18 year old boy from Vancouver to Maine.
As a college boy from Maine, who goes to school in Maine, yes, yes it does.

Reactions: ck26

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
They've already qualified for the tournament in a year that neither Minnesota nor North Dakota did...(I mean, there's "only" 60 D-I teams of which 16 qualify...still...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad