Assuming the lockout actually ends, who makes the Defensive core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Don't see any harm in giving him the 9 games.

If he REALLY struggles, he gets to finish the season back in JR.

I just wonder if he'd be better served by the experience of playing in the WJC?

nycbruins*

Ugh, bartkowski should be a scratch in providence & krug is not very good yet.
They'll have to look for outside help if someone gets hurt & dougie is getting minutes.

nycbruins*

Krug isn't one of the top 4 dmen in providence, imo, & they have a pretty bad d corps. Much bigger sample size than 2 meaningless games. He's not ready, if he ever will be. Let him learn those lessons in provo, a luxury we don't have witg dougie (plus dougie is about a million times more talented).
A small, not so fast dman who is getting burned in the ahl in his 1st pro season shouldn't even be a thought for nhl duty yet, imo.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Krug isn't one of the top 4 dmen in providence, imo, & they have a pretty bad d corps. Much bigger sample size than 2 meaningless games. He's not ready, if he ever will be. Let him learn those lessons in provo, a luxury we don't have witg dougie (plus dougie is about a million times more talented).
A small, not so fast dman who is getting burned in the ahl in his 1st pro season shouldn't even be a thought for nhl duty yet, imo.

Who are the top 4 in your opinion?

nycbruins*

As for performance thus far (& it changes weekly because of the bipolar nature of that team), exelby, trotman, cross & warsofsky. Obviously things change & i still like krug, but i think he needs to work his way back up the depth chart, like bartkowski & cohen have been unable to do. Before the season, i was thinking krug-miller would be the 1st pair, but they have underwhelmed &/or been injured. Still haven't come close to giving up on them. And i know cross & trotman are brand new with small sample sizes as well.
I would just personally reward good work in provo during the lockouy as opposed to giving spots to previous frontrunners like caron & kryg despite mediocre at best performances in providence.
But i trust claude to run a camp & thin the herd.
My personal vote is exelby. 3 straight years not sniffing the nhl, manning up & paying his dues all over again & the most solid d-man on that team. The d prospects i like still have plenty of waiver exemption left & old favorites like bart, cohen & button are now also-rans.
All for krug surprising me, though. Hope he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->