Assuming the lockout actually ends, who makes the Defensive core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid
Johnson/Krug?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not really sure how a shortened season would affect Hamilton's chances at making the team. On one hand, he's got a step up from playing hockey all year when some players haven't, and he won't have to deal with a full NHL slate his first year, but on the other hand, each game means more now in a shortened season, so it would be a big risk for a contender to rely on a rookie with no chemistry with anyone else on the team. He'll have to adjust really quickly.

nycbruins*

Krug is looking like he needs a lot of work. Even on providence's light blueline, he's not my 1st or 2nd choice for a spot. The bruins protected a.j. from waivers so i think they have plans for him. Not crazy about his decision to stay idle for the lockout, though. All the kid d-men in provo need work. Hamilton's in & johnson & exelby fight for 7, imo.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm not really sure how a shortened season would affect Hamilton's chances at making the team. On one hand, he's got a step up from playing hockey all year when some players haven't, and he won't have to deal with a full NHL slate his first year, but on the other hand, each game means more now in a shortened season, so it would be a big risk for a contender to rely on a rookie with no chemistry with anyone else on the team. He'll have to adjust really quickly.

The flip side of him having been playing all year is that when the Bruins go deep into the playoffs he will have played a lot more games than most and may end up fatiguing while every one else in mid-season form. that said, i think he'll make the team and be just fine.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I assume they will slow play things with Hamilton. Depending on when they start, they probably let him play in the World juniors while they look at other options like Krug etc.

Then you get him his 9 games in January, and make a decision then to keep him or send him down, and I suspect they keep him .

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Is Hamilton coming up if the season starts? I don't think so, CHL seasons are about 1/3 done . Way too late to start pulling players off their teams now. ??

I would say only as injury replacement. Too bad for the NHL. :rant:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The flip side of him having been playing all year is that when the Bruins go deep into the playoffs he will have played a lot more games than most and may end up fatiguing while every one else in mid-season form. that said, i think he'll make the team and be just fine.

Not worried about this at all, CJ is a master at insulating a player and making sure that player isn`t out there too much

Tell you who the most nervous is right now about a potential pre-Christmas start to the NHL, Bob Nicholson, a ton of high end talent "could" be attending NHL camps rather than compete in Russia for a WJHC

oh, and either Johnson or Exelby will be along for the ride with Dougie to make up the 7 defenseman

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Is Hamilton coming up if the season starts? I don't think so, CHL seasons are about 1/3 done . Way too late to start pulling players off their teams now. ??

I would say only as injury replacement. Too bad for the NHL. :rant:

I believe NHL teams had to submit a maximum of 2 prospects they have playing in the CHL. In the event of a resolution, those players would be allowed to attend NHL camps. Dougie was on the list, of course. Not sure if they had a second guy. Some teams didn't submit any names.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Krug is looking like he needs a lot of work. Even on providence's light blueline, he's not my 1st or 2nd choice for a spot. The bruins protected a.j. from waivers so i think they have plans for him. Not crazy about his decision to stay idle for the lockout, though. All the kid d-men in provo need work. Hamilton's in & johnson & exelby fight for 7, imo.

X's time in the NHL is over IMO. Only an emergency, emergency call-up. Hopefully Johnson can fill the role ok as a #6/7 guy. I'd still like to see another D picked up along with that elusive 3rd line winger.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here. :shakehead

Wait til the official announcment that the lockout is over comes [if it ever does] and then we can talk about who's going to play D in Boston this season.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Wait til the official announcment that the lockout is over comes [if it ever does] and then we can talk about who's going to play D in Boston this season.

disagree, beemer. the NHL may be idle but i'd rather read this bruins related thread than the OT threads.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Aw, c'mom. we're sick to death of lockout discussions.

Me, I welcome some actual hockey talk.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I love ya bets, but no one said you had to be in here

Aw, c'mom. we're sick to death of lockout discussions.

Me, I welcome some actual hockey talk.

This is why I made the thread

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Hamilton better play for the Bruins. Not only does he gain little from more Juniors experience, but he's one of the best 6 dmen in the organization right now. We need him.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
This is an easy decision IMO. You immediately bring up Hamilton, put him next to Seidenberg on the second pairing, and if and when he has growing pains you replace him with Ference on defensive zone FOs. Play him on the PP in practice as much as possible and give him some shifts right away (because frankly, he comes immediately possessing the best offensive tool set of any of our other D men). You limit his ice time enough where he develops but shelter him as much as you can.

If he struggles right out of the gate, you have Krug to step in should Hamilton need to see some ice time from the pressbox.

Hamilton doesnt need any more time in Juniors, he needs to be around Chara, Bergeron and Thornton.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*Sigh*

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em :surrender :laugh:

I don't see Claude throwing Hamilton out there full time- we all saw how careful he was with Tyler Seguin. Look for the same thing unless someone gets hurt which is always a possibility. Maybe Claude will switch him & Krug off with Seids or Ference.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
X's time in the NHL is over IMO. Only an emergency, emergency call-up. Hopefully Johnson can fill the role ok as a #6/7 guy. I'd still like to see another D picked up along with that elusive 3rd line winger.

Agreed. Johnson and Hamilton split duties, while Krug and Bartkowski wait for their shot in Providence.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
*Sigh*

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em :surrender :laugh:

I don't see Claude throwing Hamilton out there full time- we all saw how careful he was with Tyler Seguin. Look for the same thing unless someone gets hurt which is always a possibility. Maybe Claude will switch him & Krug off with Seids or Ference.

I agree with this one! He makes those players earn their time. From what I've seen, Hammy should get a solid shot/opportunity to play but like TVT said a few posts up, press box time is okay, too.

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
Got to wonder if they would want to lose a year of Hamilton's ELC on a short season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad