Line Combos: Assuming Habs go big thus summer

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
There's no need for a back-up.

His name is Cayden Primeau, and he needs to play atleast 25 games next season, to both develop him and keep Price fresh.
If he plays to his talent level, that is indeed a real backup, or at least an improvement. As opposed to Lindgren or whoever was mentioned in the original post. But if Khudobin is available and is signed, it lets Primeau mature his game before being thrown to the lions.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
No big name players are going to want to play in a city where coronavirus is out of control.

If anything I expect some players to ask for trades out of here.
There are a number of destinations in the US that will fall in that category too. New York City comes to mind, especially if the case is made that CoV19 cases are systematically underestimated.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There are a number of destinations in the US that will fall in that category too. New York City comes to mind, especially if the case is made that CoV19 cases are systematically underestimated.

Yep. Going to be very interesting. But also keep in mind, NYC is NYC and it's not Montreal. A lot of guys never wanted to come here to begin with. Now that we're Canada's COVID epicenter and have some of the worst global numbers, I don't see how that will improve.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Don't bother replying until you show something like I did. Something reachable and not a dream. Stop your Subban hate, move on to your ideas and get to work eh
I have to agree with the other guy dude.

You keep mentioning Dreams, but it is you who is dreaming in Prisma color if you think Subban is coming back to the Habs.

Pay 9mill a year to a declined player and also play him on the left?

Come on now!

Reactions: Goal Caufield

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If he plays to his talent level, that is indeed a real backup, or at least an improvement. As opposed to Lindgren or whoever was mentioned in the original post. But if Khudobin is available and is signed, it lets Primeau mature his game before being thrown to the lions.
Exactly. If Primeau plays out of his mind in the pre-season, and continues that in the NHL, great. More likely he needs at least 1 more year in the AHL. Only problem is you'd have to sign Khudobin before you give Primeau a chance. That signing would mean a full AHL year for Primeau, which shouldn't be a bad thing.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't think any team should move forward thinking the cap will increase next year. Even if there is a vaccine, unless businesses find their ways out of this we might be in a terrible economical crisis so people will spend less. Sports leagues are going to get hit.

As for Subban, I'd been interested before but I have very big doubts on PK's physical condition. He's usually very active on social media with his workouts and he hasn't posted anything about training in LA..
I rather we make moves that really moves the needle. Not sure about Subban at this point.

If there's one thing that could put his career back on track and motivate him, it's playing here in Montreal, that is if his back problems are over.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If there's one thing that could put his career back on track and motivate him, it's playing here in Montreal, that is if his back problems are over.
He can be as motivated as he wants, if he's not in good condition it won't help him.
I don't know how much his back is bothering him but a lot of his issues just come from him not improving imo. He overplays himself. He tries to be too aggressive when defending instead of focusing on positioning, he wastes a lot of his energy on moving too much and tries a lot of pointless plays.
He's like an actor that overacts. Not sure any of that is related to his back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad