OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Henderson finished 8 under for a 64 and is tied for 2nd 2 shots behind the leader

Reactions: DrEasy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The Raiders will regret trading Mack AND the Bears will regret trading two firsts. A bad trade for both teams.

And how and why in the hell did the Blue Jays trade Donaldson. Money? If I were a Rogers customer and a Jays fan I’d be livid.

Karma. Toronto saw Kawhi arrive under similar circumstances.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Raiders will regret trading Mack AND the Bears will regret trading two firsts. A bad trade for both teams.

And how and why in the hell did the Blue Jays trade Donaldson. Money? If I were a Rogers customer and a Jays fan I’d be livid.

Great trade for the Bears.

2 1st's is the price to pay for the best pass rusher, and at worst top 3 defensive player, in the NFL. They get a 2nd along with Mack as well. Chicago are a very dangerous team if Trubinsky can get things together, top 10 defensive team last year just got much better, to go with the much improved offensive.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

What? This was an insanely good trade for the Bears. They won't miss the picks at all. Neither pick will be a Khalil Mack.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm so glad my Rams were able to sign Donald. Donald, Suh and Brockers after the qb? Good luck olines lol

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Great trade for the Bears.

2 1st's is the price to pay for the best pass rusher, and at worst top 3 defensive player, in the NFL. They get a 2nd along with Mack as well. Chicago are a very dangerous team if Trubinsky can get things together, top 10 defensive team last year just got much better, to go with the much improved offensive.

Trubisky is not ready/good enough to be a starting NFL QB.

Both of those 1st’s will be top ten - and Oakland will waste them on questionable picks that won’t pan out.

Mack spends his prime on a team in a tough division with many question marks at many positions. Likely not to make the playoffs.

I mean I hope I’m wrong and Chicago can challenge for the Wild Card but with Minnesota and Green Bay ahead of them - good luck. (Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins are going to have sore backs after each bears game though - lol)

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
What? This was an insanely good trade for the Bears. They won't miss the picks at all. Neither pick will be a Khalil Mack.

Those picks aren’t a Mack at all - but if/when Mitch falters and they decide to go in a different direction- that #7/8 puck could of been coupled with an additional 2nd/1st to land another QB.

I’m just happy (my) the Chargers left San Diego so I could give up on the league forever. It’s such a violent game without the additional ten yards per sideline.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Both of those 1st’s will be top ten - and Oakland will waste them on questionable picks that won’t pan out.

Mack spends his prime on a team in a tough division with many question marks at many positions. Likely not to make the playoffs.

I mean I hope I’m wrong and Chicago can challenge for the Wild Card but with Minnesota and Green Bay ahead of them - good luck. (Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins are going to have sore backs after each bears game though - lol)
Its basically the Jared Allen to Minnesota trade all over again.

As Chiefs fan though, I'm stoked to have him out of the division and also respect that he is an even better player than the beast that Allen was.

I feel like the Gruden led Raiders are gonna be god awful though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

For how rich the owners are of the Jays, they are cheap AF. They didn't wanna give him his QO (which I think will be 18M). They postured for this all year in the media, its similar to what you're seeing with Karlsson and the Sens but the difference is the Jays have Vlady Jr as their prime 3rd base prospect to pump up and make people forget about JD.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I mean, the Bears have used theirs on guys like Kevin White and Jake Long

Neither of those picks are going to be top 10...the Bears are probably the most improved team in the league with the addition of Mack and Smith to a D that finished top 10 last year, and the additions of Gabriel, Robinson and Miller at WR and Burton at TE. All 4 of those guys are upgrades to the best they had last season (where they picked 8th).

Kendall Wright was the Bears top WR last year with 59 catches and 614 yards. The next guy waas Joshua Bellemy with 24 receptions and 376.

Zack Miller was their top TE with 20 catches and 219 yards. Burton is going to eclipse that by week 4

I think it's safe to say that the Bears will throw for more than the 13 TD's they did last season, and that Nagy will get more out of Howard/Cohen than last year. Not sure how you can predict them to be picking top 10 next year.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Not sure how you can predict them to be picking top 10 next year.
You made a pretty good case with those offensive stats tbh lol. Robinson is a decent receiver though, so if he and Trub can get it going maybe they can get something going on offense. Burton and Gabriel are definitely upgrades for that team as well. The D is still gonna have to carry them. I think the big thing is them being in the NFC North. That division is really strong and they definitely still could be the 4th best team there even with big improvements.

For me, I just don't believe in Trubinsky so I don't see them going anywhere. I also think Howard is super overrated as a runner. Can easily see them finishing 5-11 again.

Sigh... this is making me want to join fantasy FB so badly but I'm resigned to boycotting the NFL this year. Only illegal Chiefs streams. Maybe some illegal NFL redzone when the Chiefs are in the 4pm slot... well definitely that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You made a pretty good case with those offensive stats tbh lol. Robinson is a decent receiver though, so if he and Trub can get it going maybe they can get something going on offense. Burton and Gabriel are definitely upgrades for that team as well. The D is still gonna have to carry them. I think the big thing is them being in the NFC North. That division is really strong and they definitely still could be the 4th best team there even with big improvements.

For me, I just don't believe in Trubinsky so I don't see them going anywhere. I also think Howard is super overrated as a runner. Can easily see them finishing 5-11 again.

Sigh... this is making me want to join fantasy FB so badly but I'm resigned to boycotting the NFL this year. Only illegal Chiefs streams. Maybe some illegal NFL redzone when the Chiefs are in the 4pm slot... well definitely that.
Those stats are pretty much worst case scenario in any given year, and they still nearly finished outside the top 10.
There is no way they don't have better stats all across the board with Nagy and the much improved roster, including a completely new (and all improvements) receiving core and a full season with Cohen as the COP.

Their D was top 10 last year, and they added Smith and the best pass rusher in the league. They are a good team this season.

Just removing John Fox is a gigantic help, adding Nagy is just icing on the cake, as a Chiefs fan you know Nagy well, as well as the 2 coaches he took to Chicago with him from KC.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Those stats are pretty much worst case scenario in any given year, and they still nearly finished outside the top 10.
There is no way they don't have better stats all across the board with Nagy and the much improved roster, including a completely new (and all improvements) receiving core and a full season with Cohen as the COP.

Their D was top 10 last year, and they added Smith and the best pass rusher in the league. They are a good team this season.

Just removing John Fox is a gigantic help, adding Nagy is just icing on the cake
I don't disagree with anything you've said, I just put so many teams in the NFC above them at this point. Still a bottom 5 team in that conference.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Steelers are being shrewd, and plugs at the same time with Bell. Similar situation to Karlsson where they may (he's not going to be back in Pittsburgh) get anything in return for him. He may hold out to start the year again, hopefully he reports by Wednesday.

Signing him to a deal he's worth right now would hurt them in 2/3 years for sure with all the touches and wear and tear he gets, but he's the best skill player in the entire league.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Packers season hanging in the balance, hopefully Rodgers is okay. Bears pass rush is foolish with Mack in the fold.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
May be the best quarter of football the Bears have played in 2 years. Loving this Bears team.
That throw over the middle to Robinson was a bullet. He's looked good.

Trub is no Mahomes though. Pat absolutely crushed today. Helps to have the best all around threat in the NFL to throw to though. Hill is gonna have a monster year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's my quarterback!

5Hbn.gif

Can't believe the Bears blew that game... except that I can. Throwing away a perectly good W by kicking a useless FG and letting Rodgers get the ball instead of just running it on 3rd and 1, and giving the best QB in football the chance for one more drive? While at the same time, witnessing their own QB self-destruct? Losing via bad coaching & worse QB play...That's the most Bears thing I can think of. Totally wasted a dominant effort from the most elite pass-rush line in the league.

Trubisky looked like a practice squad QB in the second half, too. Woof.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
That's my quarterback!

5Hbn.gif

Can't believe the Bears blew that game... except that I can. Throwing away a perectly good W by kicking a useless FG and letting Rodgers get the ball instead of just running it on 3rd and 1, and giving the best QB in football the chance for one more drive? While at the same time, witnessing their own QB self-destruct? Losing via bad coaching & worse QB play...That's the most Bears thing I can think of. Totally wasted a dominant effort from the most elite pass-rush line in the league.

Trubisky looked like a practice squad QB in the second half, too. Woof.
That play calling, like you said was so bad. Trub's just not ready to start. He's a big arm and not much else.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad