OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Anybody else think this thread should get pinned?
No. There's too many pinned as it is. They take half the screen real estate, so I have to keep scrolling down to find the threads that I care about. We probably all have different threads that we care about. For me it's the Prospects and Belleville, but I'd be happy to sacrifice them if it means the other pinned threads are gone as well.

If a thread is popular enough it'll stay afloat all on its own.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
No. There's too many pinned as it is. They take half the screen real estate, so I have to keep scrolling down to find the threads that I care about. We probably all have different threads that we care about. For me it's the Prospects and Belleville, but I'd be happy to sacrifice them if it means the other pinned threads are gone as well.

If a thread is popular enough it'll stay afloat all on its own.

Fair enough. Just don’t like going to the Leafs board whenever I wanna talk about the Raptors or Jays :laugh:

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Anddd Casey gets fired. At first I thought it was a huge mistake l, but I think he took them as far as he could and now they need someone else to put them over the top

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t follow the Raptors too closely. What do they need to put them over the top? Besides a new coach I mean.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I thought they were good? Do they need to surround them with better players?

They're good but not great. Have never met expectations in the playoffs.

The bench they had this year was great, perhaps the best in the NBA. But in the playoffs it's all about your best players and DeRozan and Lowry have constantly underperformed.

Reactions: DrEasy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Could see the Raps trading Ibaka for Whiteside.

Both have their issues, same age and positions, but Whiteside has shown up in the playoffs, where Serge never really has.

Maybe Demar gets traded. His lack a of 3pt shot makes him less valuable, but Masai might as well try. They won't be able to trade Lowry because his 30mil per extension kicks in.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Could see the Raps trading Ibaka for Whiteside.

Both have their issues, same age and positions, but Whiteside has shown up in the playoffs, where Serge never really has.

Maybe Demar gets traded. His lack a of 3pt shot makes him less valuable, but Masai might as well try. They won't be able to trade Lowry because his 30mil per extension kicks in.

Derozan’s 3-point shot was much better this year though. It’s just unfortunate that they could never get both Lowry and him to show up at the same time for games in the playoffs

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Derozan’s 3-point shot was much better this year though. It’s just unfortunate that they could never get both Lowry and him to show up at the same time for games in the playoffs

I know :-( I thought this was the year they could actually go to the finals. The bench mob was fire. However, did not transition to the post season. A lot like the Hawks of '15.

DeMar did make strides in his 3 game last year but he's still unfortunately well below league average for a player of his position.

Frustrating how Kyle and DeMar always seem out of rhythm in the playoffs, and Serge was supposed to be the guy that came up big when the couldn't. Sigh...

I'd really like to see the Raps go big, literally. Go rock the rim cerca Shaq era.

If the could hustle DeMar for Kawhi, look out.

Reactions: Senator23

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've only watched a few games, it's pretty dreadful hockey tbh. Part of that is because I'm comparing it to the ongoing playoffs which is at a level so far beyond this. I enjoy the games between where the small hockey nations play each other and the big ones play each other. When there's so much difference in skill and experience, the lesser team can just play so defensively on big ice. It's like watching the Greek or Italian nation soccer teams play in in the 2000s.

How dare you diminish the last golden era of Italian soccer. We had some stacked teams. We prefer tactically sound, not defensive. Possession over kick and run.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I know :-( I thought this was the year they could actually go to the finals. The bench mob was fire. However, did not transition to the post season. A lot like the Hawks of '15.

DeMar did make strides in his 3 game last year but he's still unfortunately well below league average for a player of his position.

Frustrating how Kyle and DeMar always seem out of rhythm in the playoffs, and Serge was supposed to be the guy that came up big when the couldn't. Sigh...

I'd really like to see the Raps go big, literally. Go rock the rim cerca Shaq era.

If the could hustle DeMar for Kawhi, look out.

If they could do something like DeRozan and a 1st for Kawhi, that could turn things around in the playoffs quick. Who better to guard LeBron that the best perimeter defender in the NBA?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
How dare you diminish the last golden era of Italian soccer. We had some stacked teams. We prefer tactically sound, not defensive. Possession over kick and run.

Yeah what the hell is that guy talking about, Italy was arguably the strongest nation in the 2000s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad