OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty great start for the Jays at 8-5, especially considering they dropped the first 2 games.
The pitching has looked fantastic, that's probably the biggest point of optimism because it seems really sustainable.
Getting Sanchez back healthy is huge, the rest of the rotation is solid and the bullpen looks to be in good shape again.

In related news, this guy Ohtani is a pretty crazy story to follow. Such a unique thing to have a two way talent like this

Gotta admit I didn't see this strongish start happening, I had them pegged for another .500 season but im hoping im wrong!

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Tristan Thompson deserve the Order of Canada if his extracurricular activities provide a big enough locker room distraction for the Raptors to actually beat the Cavs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I just wanted to make sure we had more of a variety of content from other sports
BZLvF4.jpg

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm tuning into the playoffs but having trouble caring at all. Gonna keep my focus on baseball and golf, maybe watch a couple Raptors games.

Reactions: aragorn

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I know a lot of people find golf boring to watch but this is an amazing time to be a fan. So many amazing young golfers, and the potential of a Tiger comeback keeps it real interesting.

Reactions: Smash88

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Jays are looking pretty good to start and where will Bautista land?

This is probably about as much as you can expect from him this year. He was statistically one of the worst outfielders in baseball last year. Maybe he comes in somewhere for peanuts to DH but not sure if his ego will allow it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone else watch Formula 1?

That was an incredible drive by Ricciardo! Love Verstappen, but he is reckless. He is a racing driver, so I get it, but he kills other guys races.

Vettel really screwed Kimi in the first corner. If I'm team principal, I would put a stop to that. Great strategy by RedBull today.

Lance had a good race until his car went to shit. Still, his qualy is leaving him too much work in the race. How about those Toro Rossos!

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Jays swept the doubleheader yesterday to go to 11-5. Crazy good start.

Leading the league in runs after the 7th inning which has been pretty fun to watch.
Only three games back of BOS.

Currently hold 3rd best record in AL.

Of course, we're not even out of April, but still a serious improvement over last year.

OT: I may have to sign up for MLB.TV this year. Does anyone know the blackout policy on Jays games in the Ottawa area?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Of course, we're not even out of April, but still a serious improvement over last year.

OT: I may have to sign up for MLB.TV this year. Does anyone know the blackout policy on Jays games in the Ottawa area?

I haven't had MLB.tv for the past 2 years, but I believe it is still the same.

In Canada there are no blackouts of any games, you get them all including playoffs.

It's an awesome service, I only cancelled because I have a login for Sportsnet

Reactions: pzeeman

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

They say you can't win the world series in April, but you can lose it. Some recent Jays teams (last year included) had terrible starts and its almost impossible to recover, especially in the AL East.

And no blackouts on MLB TV - its a fantastic service.

Reactions: pzeeman

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Big game for the Raptors tonight. Going 3-0 with the chance to close it out on Sunday would be great to get some rest. Especially for Vanvleet.

Reactions: Smash88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad