OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I get the point of the Olympics in ancient Greece. You want to see who had the fastest runners and all that jazz.
But what is the point of cheating now?

Or pole vault jumpers can jump higher than yours can! Really? Can they jump over this tank our army has?

Our Skiers can go down a mountain faster than yours can! But can they outrun a drone?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Went into last nights game up by 6 with my LA defence up against his Wilson, Cooks and Carson. Didn’t think I had a chance, somehow pulled out ahead.

What an awful game from Seattle. Carson stunk but my Tennessee stack and the Pittsburgh DST made that irrelevant.

Penny going down is huge for Carson going into the playoffs though.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I get the point of the Olympics in ancient Greece. You want to see who had the fastest runners and all that jazz.
But what is the point of cheating now?

Or pole vault jumpers can jump higher than yours can! Really? Can they jump over this tank our army has?

Our Skiers can go down a mountain faster than yours can! But can they outrun a drone?
It's called sports. Look it up.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Me, watching Lamar Jackson tear apart the Jets:

tenor.gif

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think that problem extends beyond the Colts’ secondary lol.
Like Michael Thomas being one of the greatest receivers to ever lace them up?

I've drafted him basically every year in most of my fantasy leagues. Gonna keep doing. Guy is so money.

Targeted Lamar and Ingram in all the leagues I could too. Playing in 4/6 finals. Not bad.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Let's pump the brakes on this a bit – dude's putting up GREAT numbers consistently, but he's also only in his fourth season. One of the best in the league right now, no doubt. But one of the greatest ever seems a bit premature.
If he gets the record this year then he's automatically in the conversation. 4 years of football is still more than the average career.

He might not just get the record as well, there's a chance he smashes it to bits.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
If he gets the record this year then he's automatically in the conversation. 4 years of football is still more than the average career.

He might not just get the record as well, there's a chance he smashes it to bits.

He's an amazing receiver. Having Brees obviously helps. Outside of DeAndre Hopkins, he's probably the best wr in the league.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Like Michael Thomas being one of the greatest receivers to ever lace them up?

I've drafted him basically every year in most of my fantasy leagues. Gonna keep doing. Guy is so money.

Targeted Lamar and Ingram in all the leagues I could too. Playing in 4/6 finals. Not bad.

Yes that’s what I was getting at haha. The guy is incredible.

I wanted Lamar something fierce in my draft but waited too long. I helped out my buddy in another league and got him to draft CMC and Lamar - he went on cruise control to the finals.

I’m only in 1 league and I’m playing in the finals next week. My first two picks were Davante Adams and OBJ (gross). I also panicked and traded Ekeler when Gordon came back, which was beyond stupid. I’ve been crazy active on the waiver wire and have made smart pivots. Going all in on the Tannehill/Brown stack got me to the playoffs and now the ship.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
He's an amazing receiver. Having Brees obviously helps. Outside of DeAndre Hopkins, he's probably the best wr in the league.

Love watching guys like that succeed, true masters of their craft. You wouldn't find either guy starring in a track meet or doing any crazy feats of explosiveness, but their body control, hands, route running all second to none. Combine someone like that with a QB like Brees and it's consistent performance like Manning and Harrison all over again.

Reactions: Daffy

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Actually hilarious that Mike Boone could end up being a league winner. Wish it wasn’t MNF.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
It's not hilarious for the guy who had both Cook and Mattinson all year (me!!) and couldn't get to Boone on waivers :banghead: Fantasy football is a cruel cruel game.

I literally clogged up my roster with Mattison all damn year on the off-chance this happened and now he's not even gonna play. I'm not in a position where it matters in that league, but it's still frustrating.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The #1 handcuff in the league gets his time to shine and he’s injured too. Feel bad for Mattison dude is legit.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
The #1 handcuff in the league gets his time to shine and he’s injured too. Feel bad for Mattison dude is legit.

Frankly I think the Vikings handled this horribly playing Cook this entire time. He clearly hasn't been right since the bye. SC joint sprains should take a few weeks to heal, now they likely won't even have a healthy Cook in the playoffs since he keeps playing and re-aggravating it. Mattison should have had his chance sooner.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Bill O'Brien has got to be one of the worst coaches in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad