OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United gave an honest effort and I appreciate that.

They just suck.
The miracle win against PSG was awesome, but I'm starting to think that it's just about the worst thing that could have happened to this United team. That great run of games infused expectations for this team that should have never been there. Rashford is very easily thrown off his game. He has a run of good form for 5 games and then is ass for the next 20. I would sell him, honestly.

Lukaku just isn't utilized properly here. He doesn't get any service from the midfield. Sell.

Pogba and Martial are talented but only play and follow the game plan when they feel like it. I'd keep Martial but I'd listen on Pogba. Straight across swap for Dybala? I'd do it.

De Gea has straight up been a distraction the last few weeks. I'm starting to think he's agitating for a move. I get the sense he and Ole don't get along. He got too comfortable under LVG and Mourinho. Who replaces him?

Everyone else is a squad player or cannon fodder. Sir Alex is up in his box looking miserable thinking "Ooi, I'am gon have te sort out this lot, eh"

This year should be much like the 2016-17 season for the Rangers. Start selling off the deadwood and start rebuilding the squad with the right players. They need to stop with the Ibra, Sanchez, and van Persie transfers.

The pundits are already questioning OGS's appointment. This is going to be a loooooooong rebuild of the squad.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Loss for Tottenham today. Outside of City and Liverpool, nobody seems particularly concerned with finishing top 4 this season.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Still think United will weasel into 4th place. Tottenham is going to choke.

Hard to call it choking when the team is limping through an insane end of season schedule with multiple injuries to key players. Their not signing any depth over the last couple of transfer periods is really hurting them at the moment.

No Son for the first leg of the UCL Semi this week either. Ugh.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hard to call it choking when the team is limping through an insane end of season schedule with multiple injuries to key players. Their not signing any depth over the last couple of transfer periods is really hurting them at the moment.

No Son for the first leg of the UCL Semi this week either. Ugh.
I just meant choking in terms of tumbling down the standings. They were sitting 3rd to start the week. I think they end up 5th, but there's a very real chance of 6th too.

City
Liverpool
Arsenal
United
Tottenham
Chelsea

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I just meant choking in terms of tumbling down the standings. They were sitting 3rd to start the week. I think they end up 5th, but there's a very real chance of 6th too.

City
Liverpool
Arsenal
United
Tottenham
Chelsea
You see Spurs dropping pts to Bournemouth and Everton?

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I hate Arsenal so much. It is so painful to be a fan.

I fully expected to lose Wolves away for weeks. They're sneaky good, especially at home. Combined with our away woes, it was a no-brainer to me.

But then, getting embarrassed by Crystal Palace at the Emirates was abysmal. I don't know how we can clean sheet Napoli in Naples and then put forth that performance.

We need 3 points Leicester away. If we don't get it, time to turn 100% attention to the Europa.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

City
Liverpool
Arsenal
United
Tottenham
Chelsea

I get it, I just disagree that they are "choking". Their team has been crushed by injuries and this is what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad