OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Kinda felt like a Rangers game for me yesterday. Was watching my Hammers dominate MU leading 1-0 at half and it should have been more. I got called away, only to return at 83' and it's 3-1 MU!
United got lucky that Pogba scored a worldie for his first goal in two years and that Ole had the sense to sub Fernandes in. The game changed as soon as Rashford and Bruno were subbed in. They're United's two best players.

Martial needs to be sold in the summer. He was pouting the whole game until he got injured yesterday. I got killed for saying United need an out and out striker more than a right winger. Both are needs, but Martial is bringing the whole team down. The outcome of the PSG game would have been different if he put away even one of the many chances he had. Some of those chances were so obscene that it has me considering for a moment he's a PSG double agent. I won't miss him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’ve been a Spurs supporter for a little more than a decade. I can’t complain about these results, but I feel like I am rooting for the Jacques Lemaire Devils. It feels dirty.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I’ve been a Spurs supporter for a little more than a decade. I can’t complain about these results, but I feel like I am rooting for the Jacques Lemaire Devils. It feels dirty.
Spurs at least have better personnel for the "huff it" philosophy Mourinho employs. The guy gets results, but he'll do it by shithousing to a CL finish this year, but the act will wear thin with the players within two years. He's not unlike the John Tortorella of the European soccer universe.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we're in for a fight with Mourinho's Tottenham.

Both teams threw down the gauntlet Sunday with Spurs winning the derby and Liverpool bodying a top 10 side.

They meet at Anfield in 8 days!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Spurs getting smoked all over the pitch but somehow at 1-1 with their insane counter. Not clear to me that Liverpool is so much better and deserving of all of this respect. Hoping for something a bit more positive out of Tottenham in the second half.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Meh. Spurs missing on those point blank chances was brutal. You can’t have enjoyed that game too much as an analytics guy.
No, I get mad at the Rangers because they get outshot 3:2. This was not that.

We lost the expected goals but had massive advantages in possession, pass accuracy, and shots on target.

Both teams had things they'll like about that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad