OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Tottenham created a ton of opportunities, but you can tell they were nervous in the final third. Way too many bad first touches and passes in and around the box.
I think we have a different understanding of a ton of opportunities then. Tottenham had two decent chances before the 2-0, one free kick and the chance by Lucas after the shot from Son from distance. Liverpool didn't play great, but they played with an early lead, so they didn't have to create much. You can't say Tottenham did much more than them to deserve to win.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sounds like the Champions League final was pretty much
r6nOhLm.gif

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I think we have a different understanding of a ton of opportunities then. Tottenham had two decent chances before the 2-0, one free kick and the chance by Lucas after the shot from Son from distance. Liverpool didn't play great, but they played with an early lead, so they didn't have to create much. You can't say Tottenham did much more than them to deserve to win.

Yeah, I honestly hesitated writing that post because I was having a hard time describing what I meant. I think Spurs pretty much owned the ball and created a bunch of situations that should have been great opportunities that were fumbled away before they could fully materialize.

In other words, had Spurs potted a couple of goals, I don’t think anyone watching would claim that they came against the run of play overall.

This is a small consolation, sure, but to me Spurs played the better of two pretty poor showings.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ireland grabbed a late goal to draw Denmark on the road. Top of their group for Euro qualifying.

Might have to fly over next year if they qualify and get in the group that plays in dublin. It’s all spread out for the group stage for the 2020 Euros. No host.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Anyone watching the Women's World Cup?

The China - Germany game was one of the roughest and dirtiest matches I've ever seen played. If Neymar were playing, he would have died five times.

The USMNT is a pure embarrassment right now. 3-0 loss to Venezuela. At home. How?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Anyone watching the Women's World Cup?

The China - Germany game was one of the roughest and dirtiest matches I've ever seen played. If Neymar were playing, he would have died five times.

The USMNT is a pure embarrassment right now. 3-0 loss to Venezuela. At home. How?
The U20's also lost to Ecuador over the weekend in the quarters of the U20 World Cup. The US can never seen to get past the quarters in that tournament. Ecuador was celebrating like they won the whole thing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If those were my choices, I'd get Alexander-Arnold.

If you got Gini or Origi, you'd have to get the "team font" for the Champions League performances.

Although, if I were getting one, I'd go with Andy Robertson.
I like the way you think! Already got a Robertson!

Reactions: NCRanger

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
If those were my choices, I'd get Alexander-Arnold.

If you got Gini or Origi, you'd have to get the "team font" for the Champions League performances.

Although, if I were getting one, I'd go with Andy Robertson.

Why would you go for only the second best Scottish Left-back in the world? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad