OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, I was a Metrostars fan since the MLS was a thing. It stunk to see Red Bull Co. buy them out, but it sure as hell beats rooting for an offshoot of Manchester City. Ewwwwwwwwwww.
See, I totally respect this from your perspective.

For us, we've always had a soft spot for City because we agree on hating United.

Of course, I'm getting annoyed at City now too because they keep winning the title in front of us, but NYCFC is already a thing and I couldn't change now.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I know it's Southampton, so it's not like the Big 6, but how did you go about getting tickets?

I know it's different for each team. I think for some games, you can just walk up at West Ham, and not need to be a registered member. At others, it's nearly impossible.

In a few years, I'm going to try to get to Anfield, so I'm trying to compile as much research into it, so I'm not dropping $395 a ticket for a cheap meal and forced "hospitality" just to get in the building.

There were tons of tickets available. I did have to register as a supporter before buying the ticket online, but that was just a matter of filling out a quick online form. The ticket only cost about $60 as well, and it was right on the 14 yard line.

Hardest part was pretending to cheer for the home team! Would have loved to have a seat in the away supporters section but couldn't make that happen. I am a Spurs supporter, so cheering for Southampton was a must to avoid 1. being kicked out and/or 2. being kicked in the face.

Of all the games to lose though, this one didn't really hurt that much. This had to be one of the biggest wins in Southampton's history, fighting to avoid relegation and taking 3 points from a big club, and the fans were really into it. It was a really cool experience.

Reactions: NCRanger

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
USA GameDay. ...
C2fPCK7.jpg

Reactions: I Eat Crow

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
How we (USA) lookin' for 2022? We on track to whiff again? Askin for a friend who is hoping to land the #1 overall draft pick thanksomuch

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@I Eat Crow City's game in hand is against Manchester United.

Both times City played Everton this year, it was pretty apparent that Everton couldn't be bothered.

Honestly, now, you guys aren't gonna do that are you?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
@I Eat Crow City's game in hand is against Manchester United.

Both times City played Everton this year, it was pretty apparent that Everton couldn't be bothered.

Honestly, now, you guys aren't gonna do that are you?
I don't think so. United have a top 4 place to play for until the end of the season. There's going to be no such thing as a game off down the stretch.

Reactions: Machinehead

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Rangers vs Celtic at 7am tomorrow morning Where are you watching?
Celtictv in my bed. Spfl dont even try to do things right. U have the epl on nbcsn doing fan zone things and marketing the shit out of their league. Than u have spfl putting their only game that ppl care about on at noon local and 7am east coast time. A game run by out of touch Neanderthals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad