OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York

Not official obviously, but this seems to be the most concrete thing I’ve seen in a long time and as a season ticket holder I can’t help but be excited about this potential site.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Not official obviously, but this seems to be the most concrete thing I’ve seen in a long time and as a season ticket holder I can’t help but be excited about this potential site.

This looks glorious and it's just like going to Yankee Stadium. You just get off the train/highway one or two stops sooner.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Vieira a good coach? It's speculated that he's the man to takeover for Wenger. The Arsenal board apparently like the way he has City playing and he obviously bled for the club, so that helps too.

I read a boxscore yesterday that they lost 0-3 with like 75% possession. He'd fit right in with those numbers. =/

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is Vieira a good coach? It's speculated that he's the man to takeover for Wenger. The Arsenal board apparently like the way he has City playing and he obviously bled for the club, so that helps too.

I read a boxscore yesterday that they lost 0-3 with like 75% possession. He'd fit right in with those numbers. =/
I like Vieira a lot.

As you know, possession isn't as key in football as it is in hockey because the net is gigantic and shot quality is way more of a thing, but we always have incredible possession numbers. It usually goes better than that.

His system works, he consistently gets the right parts for it, generally gets the most out of everyone, and we're a good defensive team.

Reactions: All Might

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Salah better slow down for Liverpool's sake. I think he's going to have Madrid and Bayern calling regardless over the summer. It'd be pretty hard for Salah to turn down a move to one of those clubs and for Liverpool to turn down a strong offer on him.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Salah better slow down for Liverpool's sake. I think he's going to have Madrid and Bayern calling regardless over the summer. It'd be pretty hard for Salah to turn down a move to one of those clubs and for Liverpool to turn down a strong offer on him.
If he gets us to CL Final first, I'll take it.

Win or lose, I would be absolutely thrilled and humbled to be there.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Bayern fleeced Real for James Rodriguez. Guys like Pogba cost an arm and a leg and they aren't half as deadly as James. Zidane is an idiot. Watch James f*** Real in the Champions league now.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What's horrifying? All I know it's 1-1, and idiot Milner scored an own goal.

I guess on aggregate, 5.99999999999999999999999999 - 3

This whole thing is horrifying. I want it to be over.

When you have a lead for 8 days, it has a way of pecking away at your sanity.

Reactions: NCRanger

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
Buzzing that LFC are in the Final, not a fan of they way they ended the 2nd half and conceding 4 total against Roma but they got through. Real Madrid was always gonna be tough but to be the best you have to beat the best, and the way they’ve been finishing they should be able to hang with them offensively. Anything can happen in a Final and I’m still pumped and I can’t wait to head to a Liverpool bar on the 26th. Allez Allez Allez.

Also, haven’t seen it mentioned here but LFC is playing Man City at MetLife in NJ on July 25th in the ICC. Cheapest seats I saw were around 75 or so but I grabbed a pair in the upper deck but on the midline for 90 each.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->