OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Absolutely revolting.

tenor.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Balo, who as a Milan supporter I strongly dislike, may move to DCU, my MLS club of choice. f***ing blech. And his agent is Mino Raiola, who I also f***ing despise.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Balo, who as a Milan supporter I strongly dislike, may move to DCU, my MLS club of choice. ****ing blech. And his agent is Mino Raiola, who I also ****ing despise.

If he's on his game and committed, you'll warm up to him.

If not, your hatred will double. No middle ground with him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If he's on his game and committed, you'll warm up to him.

If not, your hatred will double. No middle ground with him.
I hated him both spells with Milan and with the Azzurri.

MLS would actually probably be good for him. Just based on talent alone he should run roughshod over the league. He'd immediately become one of the league's most gifted players and the most technically gifted DC has ever had by a f***ing mile. If he could pot 25 goals maybe he'd keep the dumb shit to a minimum. He is good enough to obliterate to MLS single-season goal record if he could be bothered to care.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

MLS would actually probably be good for him. Just based on talent alone he should run roughshod over the league. He'd immediately become one of the league's most gifted players and the most technically gifted DC has ever had by a ****ing mile. If he could pot 25 goals maybe he'd keep the dumb **** to a minimum. He is good enough to obliterate to MLS single-season goal record if he could be bothered to care.

Ah, you're the Milan supporter. Read that wrong.

Yeah, so you've already seen his shit.

I always think the enigmatic/cancer/lazy thing is a meme, but it's really a thing for Balo. To me, he strikes me as a guy for whom football is a job, not a passion.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

MLS would actually probably be good for him. Just based on talent alone he should run roughshod over the league. He'd immediately become one of the league's most gifted players and the most technically gifted DC has ever had by a ****ing mile. If he could pot 25 goals maybe he'd keep the dumb **** to a minimum. He is good enough to obliterate to MLS single-season goal record if he could be bothered to care.
What made you hate him during his first spell? He was spectacular at that point in time. Just curious.

And I think he should just go to Juventus because the leaders on that team will straighten him out I think.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What made you hate him during his first spell? He was spectacular at that point in time. Just curious.

And I think he should just go to Juventus because the leaders on that team will straighten him out I think.
All the stuff before joining Milan poisoned my opinion of him. And even though he had some awesome performances at Milan, you could still see him take off long stretches of games and lose focus, look disinterested. Before he came to the Rossoneri I thought he was a guy with world-class talent but his head up his ass, someone I wouldn't want on my squad. And then he came and did really well for the most part, but still didn't really change my opinion.

Hate is a strong word. I never hated the player. He just struck me as wasted talent. Like his skill, he could have been a top five striker in the world for a decade. Instead, he was just Balo.

I actually hope he figures it out somewhere. It's too late to become a top-tier striker, I think--forget what that :eek::eek::eek::eek: Mino Raiola says. And his performance with Nice has been just okay. The overall numbers are pretty good but that's a shit league for a supposedly world-class player.

Reactions: All Might

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
NYRB with 20 shots and still can't buy a goal.

No clinical finishing from NYRB, Chivas gonna be destroyed by whoever comes out from TFC/CA

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
TFC to the final. Big statement win by the greatest team in the league's history. Just need to win the finals against a side they should beat and they've cemented that title for sure.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Sorry Coutinho :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know it sounds like I'm a know it all now, but I had said to my daughter that I thought Liverpool would be better off selling him and getting some defensive/goaltending help back in the fall.

I never thought Karius would be this good in goal though.

Van Dijk has settled the defense to a point where Lovren isn't a total disaster back there.

Coutinho not being there has allowed Jordan Henderson to shine.

Reactions: NYRPat21

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
NYRB with 20 shots and still can't buy a goal.

No clinical finishing from NYRB, Chivas gonna be destroyed by whoever comes out from TFC/CA

I'm not even mad at this point. It's laughable. Couple definite missed penalties, some bad bounces and some bad misses. Also - Chivas isn't very good.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bitter about the loss, but very pleased at how well MLS teams performed against Liga MX competition. In previous years the strategy was to counter and park the bus against overwhelming assault. The gap seems much smaller now, if at all.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We drew Roma!

I'm not saying Roma will be easy, but it sure as f*** isn't Bayern/Madrid.

Suddenly, the path to Kiev is there.

Reactions: NYRPat21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->