OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tough news on Neymar.

Also, I know there aren't really many Serie A fans here, but what my Milan are doing is quite remarkable.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro bludgeoned Portland with our reserves last night. This after becoming the first MLS side to ever win a knockout game in Mexico (The other two times MLS sides won in Mexico were group stage games where the Mexican teams used their B squads).

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Glad Mourinho was paying so much attention to beating us in the PL.

Now he can pay even more attention and watch us on tv in the round of 8 :D

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liverpool's chance of winning the champions league is considerably lesser than the Rangers winning Dahlin's sweepstakes.

I disagree.

Sevilla and Roma are not better than us. We've beaten Man City this year and if we've beaten Man City, there's no reason we can't beat Juventus.

Obviously, Barca, Bayern, and Madrid are on another level but if we can avoid them until the Final and get into a one game scenario, all we need is Salah to have one big day.

We're far from the favorite, that's for certain, but this Liverpool side is way better than their 2005 and 2007 sides that won the UCL and reached the Final.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
T
I disagree.

Sevilla and Roma are not better than us. We've beaten Man City this year and if we've beaten Man City, there's no reason we can't beat Juventus.

Obviously, Barca, Bayern, and Madrid are on another level but if we can avoid them until the Final and get into a one game scenario, all we need is Salah to have one big day.

We're far from the favorite, that's for certain, but this Liverpool side is way better than their 2005 and 2007 sides that won the UCL and reached the Final.
The chances of avoiding one of Barcelona, Bayern and Madrid in the semifinals are pretty slim, and I think you guys would lose to City too, the only thing in your favor is that Liverpool has way more tradition than Man. City, these things matter in football.
I would put Liverpool just a tier bellow Juventus, they have way more experience in the tournament - the group of players - also their defense is elite.
In the finals everything can happen, but in these last years the favorite always won though, and no way it's easier than 2005 and 2007, in those there was not an elite group of 4 juggernauts like these days, there was more parity back then.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
T

The chances of avoiding one of Barcelona, Bayern and Madrid in the semifinals are pretty slim, and I think you guys would lose to City too, the only thing in your favor is that Liverpool has way more tradition than Man. City, these things matter in football.
I would put Liverpool just a tier bellow Juventus, they have way more experience in the tournament - the group of players - also their defense is elite.
In the finals everything can happen, but in these last years the favorite always won though, and no way it's easier than 2005 and 2007, in those there was not an elite group of 4 juggernauts like these days, there was more parity back then.

Nothing you've said here is unfair. Like I said, definitely not the favorite. But I'm not afraid.

And tbh I want the UCL more than I want Dahlin *ducks*

Reactions: Fvital92

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
And tbh I want the UCL more than I want Dahlin *ducks*

Same - honestly I've been a lot more invested LFC these last few months than the Rangers. How do you feel about our draw? I think we've got a great shot against City.

Also even as an NYC FC fan I'm happy about what RB and Toronto are doing for MLS by succeeding in the CCL. Now, I'm not going to necessarily be sad if they lose, but overall it's a great look for the league.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

Are Liverpool v Man. City and Real Madrid vs Juventus in the same side of the bracket? If they are, you guys are toasted. Tough to win against 2 better teams in a row.
Anyway, a final between Real and Barça would be f***ing awesome.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Re-drawn after each round, there's no bracket.

I expect easy victories for Bavaria, Barca and City. Juve-Real might be close because of Juve's ability to not beat themselves, but Real should win that tie.

Still think this comes down to Barcelona and Man City, and you gotta think Barcelona is the favorite because of Messi.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Same - honestly I've been a lot more invested LFC these last few months than the Rangers. How do you feel about our draw? I think we've got a great shot against City.

Also even as an NYC FC fan I'm happy about what RB and Toronto are doing for MLS by succeeding in the CCL. Now, I'm not going to necessarily be sad if they lose, but overall it's a great look for the league.
How do I feel about our draw? :huh:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mo Salah was always a fine player but this is ridiculous.

He's having one of the great breakout seasons in pro sports history.

Reactions: NCRanger

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
@Machinehead would you root for NYCFC if they were partnered with Man United instead of City? Curious to see what Liverpool fans think since MC isn't really a rival.

I’m actually a Liverpool supporter and an NYCFC season ticket holder myself so I think I can speak to this as well. I got into Liverpool around the same time NYCFC was announced as an expansion team in 2013 and I was already hooked on Liverpool and I figured it was a perfect time to root for an expansion team in the NY area was kind of a once in a lifetime thing. Man U would’ve been harder to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->