Assign a grade to to our players after each game

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Assign a grade to all or a few of our players after each game. Rate how they played that game from A+ of F. Ill start it off with our victory tonight over the wild.

A+
Reilly
Marner
Matthews
Johnsson
Andersen

A
Tavares
Nylander
Mihkeyev
Moore

A-
Muzzin
Andersen

B
Barrie
Kerfoot
Kapanen

B-
Ceci
Gauthier -
Shore
Timashov
Holl

C+
Marincin

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
A+
Rielly
Marner
Moore
Tavares

A-
Johnsson
Matthews
Nylander
Mikheyev
Muzzin
Andersen

B
Marincin
Barrie

C
Kerfoot
Holl
Ceci

Rest weren’t noteworthy or didn’t play enough minutes to grade.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A+
Rielly
Marner

A
Moore
Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Mikheyev
Freddie

B+

Johnsson
Muzzin
Barrie

C

Kerfoot
Holl
Ceci

No grades for the rest, they were all average, people grading Matthews A+ should compare him to both Marner and Rielly (was he really as good as these two were or you just like him)

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Converting my post in the PGT to this format. Basketball in italics. Might as well move over my PGT stuff to this thread.

A
Mikheyev - Great PK, nice goal, effective offensively.
Muzzin - Nifty breakout play, superb read at the end to breathe life into the game, strong game.

A-
Kapanen - Terrific first period, rather invisible afterwards.

B+
Johnsson - Was around the puck, dug it out several times, and was a big reason this line could at least put on some pressure.

B
Nylander - See Johnsson, except a lesser version without digging pucks out. Good cycle game, we needed a goal on one of his chances.
Moore - Gets a plus for the nice play on the Kapanen goal. Not the Moore of the last few games otherwise. That's setting the bar high though.
Holl - I liked Holl this game. He looks like he belongs.
Shore - Did his job fairly well as a fourth line FOGO guy.
Barrie - Nice playdriving, but some bad giveaways. He's lacked the oomph we was promised so far.

B-
Matthews - Ends up here because almost everything this line created ended up with a Matthews shot into shin pads, or a missed pass.
Tavares - Probably our worst player until he got us into the game again.
Marner - He didn't do much for us, but felt like he was given nothing to work with by Caps and Tavares.
Kerfoot - Looked lost tonight.
Timashov - Didn't really do much for anything tonight. Looked largely inconsequential.
Rielly - Rielly-esque performance, in the negative sense. Some offense, but not dynamic, and more than balanced out by bad defense.

C
Gauthier - Looked like last years Goat.
Ceci - Ugh. Bleh.
Marincin - He's like a lighthouse in the dark.
Hutchinson - The career third string goaltender looks just like it.
Coaching Staff - It's not that I blame Babcock. It's not that I think that he's necessarily the problem with this team. But he can evidently not provide the solution either.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I prefer what the Buffalo forum does... "Good", "Bad" and "Ugly, and only address a handful of players.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Converting my post in the PGT to this format. Basketball in italics. Might as well move over my PGT stuff to this thread.

A
Mikheyev - Great PK, nice goal, effective offensively.
Muzzin - Nifty breakout play, superb read at the end to breathe life into the game, strong game.

A-
Kapanen - Terrific first period, rather invisible afterwards.

B+
Johnsson - Was around the puck, dug it out several times, and was a big reason this line could at least put on some pressure.

B
Nylander - See Johnsson, except a lesser version without digging pucks out. Good cycle game, we needed a goal on one of his chances.
Moore - Gets a plus for the nice play on the Kapanen goal. Not the Moore of the last few games otherwise. That's setting the bar high though.
Holl - I liked Holl this game. He looks like he belongs.
Shore - Did his job fairly well as a fourth line FOGO guy.
Barrie - Nice playdriving, but some bad giveaways. He's lacked the oomph we was promised so far.

B-
Matthews - Ends up here because almost everything this line created ended up with a Matthews shot into shin pads, or a missed pass.
Tavares - Probably our worst player until he got us into the game again.
Marner - He didn't do much for us, but felt like he was given nothing to work with by Caps and Tavares.
Kerfoot - Looked lost tonight.
Timashov - Didn't really do much for anything tonight. Looked largely inconsequential.
Rielly - Rielly-esque performance, in the negative sense. Some offense, but not dynamic, and more than balanced out by bad defense.

C
Gauthier - Looked like last years Goat.
Ceci - Ugh. Bleh.
Marincin - He's like a lighthouse in the dark.
Hutchinson - The career third string goaltender looks just like it.
Coaching Staff - It's not that I blame Babcock. It's not that I think that he's necessarily the problem with this team. But he can evidently not provide the solution either.

Very generous grades for Rielly, Matthews, Marner and Tavares, even the write-ups you included suggest much worse.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->