Asset Management?

puckthat

Jul 19, 2019
With the taxi squad this season, would it be better for Foudy, Bemstrom, and Peeke to play big minutes with Cleveland, or to be a practice/fill in player for the big club? Could the squad be Gerbe, Matteau, and MacInnis as forwards, and keep Clendening, Carlsson, and Harry as defensemen? Could the young Clevelanders be recalled if needed? Not sure what the COVID rules are with player movement. Thoughts?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
With the taxi squad this season, would it be better for Foudy, Bemstrom, and Peeke to play big minutes with Cleveland, or to be a practice/fill in player for the big club? Could the squad be Gerbe, Matteau, and MacInnis as forwards, and keep Clendening, Carlsson, and Harry as defensemen? Could the young Clevelanders be recalled if needed? Not sure what the COVID rules are with player movement. Thoughts?
I like the direction of your thinking. Can anyone here tell us if those guys need to clear waivers going to/from Cleveland?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like the direction of your thinking. Can anyone here tell us if those guys need to clear waivers going to/from Cleveland?

Foudy, Bemstrom, and Peeke are the only ones that don't need to go through waivers. Everyone else mentioned has to go through waivers, but most of them I think have already passed through. I think the guys listed on the Cleveland roster have already gone through, as have the guys on the taxi squad who aren't exempt (note that Carlsson is still on the Jackets roster).

Waivers is only to the AHL/taxi squad by the way. There's no waivers anymore for re-entry to the NHL.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

According to CapFriendly, Bems, Foudy and Peeke are waiver exempt. Get these guys some playing time!

I don't see a diff with the taxi squad vs AHL except in the A they get playing time. Send them down.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What manner of COVID protocol is there in going between the AHL and the taxi squad in our case? I know the taxi squad was set up for situations in which folks are crossing borders to make that happen, but we're in the same state, so I wonder how/if that affects things.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The taxi squad requires a minimum of four players at any time (and I think one each of each positions - G, F, D - might but two forwards, even) with a max of six.

A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)

^
This is how Gerbe was able to be sent to Cleveland without going through waivers. He cleared at the end of camp. You'd have to check the dates for Matteau and Clendening - i.e. would they "re-require" going through waivers to go to Cleveland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->