Assassin's Creed: Unity and deceased artist's work might help rebuild Notre Dame

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Quite possibly also the techniques and materials used will in the end be more modern than the originals, the vulnerable oak roof could simply be replaced by a concrete one or using other more durable and easily available material.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Cost and/or "speed" of being able to do the work may come into play as well. And whatever work is needed to integrate with what's left.

Mayor is calling for work to be completed within five years. Me thinks that might be extremely aggressive and optimistic timeline.

Hearing they're calling on architects to design new spire. So new spire might be a lot less gothic-stylistically than was there last.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I had a fleeting thought that Unity might be able to help that.

I figured someone must have had like, the plans to that building or something but given how it apparently took the team on that game 2 years alone to just recreate Notre Dame, it might be useful depending how how thorough they want to recreate it.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Quite possibly also the techniques and materials used will in the end be more modern than the originals, the vulnerable oak roof could simply be replaced by a concrete one or using other more durable and easily available material.
Strobe lights and smoke machines would also add to that modern feel ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad