Assassin's Creed Origins

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone else getting this? Looks amazing. They took a year off and looks like the extra work really paid off. More RPG elements to it...looks like they took pieces of what made Black Flag so good.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm actually really looking forward to this. Everything that I have seen so far looks amazing and I'm really curious to see how the story plays out.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've been wanting a game in Egypt for a long time. I only watched the initial gameplay trailer, but I'm definitely buying this after the last few were disappointing (didn't play the last one though).

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Looks ok but everything has kind of been a lull since Black Flag for me. Probably wait until its discounted until I give this one a whirl.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I'll probably wait til it hit the bargain bin. I haven't played any of them passed AC3, but I have been replaying the Ezio collection here and am about 25% through Revelation.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
AC games are now a dime a dozen, they end up at a $20 price if you just wait five months after it's release as they've already announced another one.

I generally like the games but I'm already 2 behind sitting on the shelf that I got on sales. This one will be much the same, no rush.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I actually loved Syndicate. Even though I never finished it it was probably the most fun I've had playing an AC game in a while. And I know everyone loves Black Flag, and I loved that game too, but that was more of a pirate game than an AC game. It was a great pirate game, but the story was just lame and not compelling. The guys who made Black Flag are making Origins so that's something to look forward to.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
First game I have pre-ordered months before it's release since Skyrim and first game I have ever purchased the non-standard version of ever. Very excited for this.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
First Far Cry 5 is set in Montana, and now Assassin's Creed Oregon? Ubisoft going heavy on the American settings!

But seriously, it looks very interesting - probably the most interested I've been since Black Flag. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Reactions: Lancer

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
First Far Cry 5 is set in Montana, and now Assassin's Creed Oregon? Ubisoft going heavy on the American settings!

But seriously, it looks very interesting - probably the most interested I've been since Black Flag. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

You leave Independence, Missouri Down the Oregon Trail. Altair died of dysentery. Ezio hunted 2034Lb of meat but was only able to carry back 100lbs. Conner was lost while trying to ford the river.

Reactions: Lancer

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Black flag is the only ac game I've liked, so if this game is like that then I will probably be getting it

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
love me some AC, This one is going to be a great setting. On another note there was a couple of games (maybe 2) part of the ezio trilogy where you could recruit a team of assassins and send them out on jobs to make more money. I liked that upgrading my crew and sending them on tougher missions, dont think it can work in this game though unfortunately as its the origins of the assassin order so there wouldn't be 5 others to recruit

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
love me some AC, This one is going to be a great setting. On another note there was a couple of games (maybe 2) part of the ezio trilogy where you could recruit a team of assassins and send them out on jobs to make more money. I liked that upgrading my crew and sending them on tougher missions, dont think it can work in this game though unfortunately as its the origins of the assassin order so there wouldn't be 5 others to recruit

That was Brotherhood, that was one of my favorite in the series

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Very excited for this. I'm off tomorrow so this will probably consume most of my day. Can't wait. The setting alone makes it very compelling to me. Taking a quick glance at the skill tree has me even more excited. I'm definitely ready for this one.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, it looks interesting, but I'm still kind of burned out by Assassin's Creed. Not sure what they'd have to do to kill my franchise fatigue of it to be honest.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I have played every assassins creed so will be getting this today. While not the most exciting gameplay its really seemed a but hollow without the modern storyline of desmond miles, it tied it together or something I don't know. And not just walking around abstergo for the sake of it, actual meaning

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I have played every assassins creed so will be getting this today. While not the most exciting gameplay its really seemed a but hollow without the modern storyline of desmond miles, it tied it together or something I don't know. And not just walking around abstergo for the sake of it, actual meaning
No spoilers. But I heard there is something that will at least make you think of Desmond in this game. Maybe not him specifically but well... no spoilers.

Again just what I heard. I hate spoilers and that's about the last thing I will read / watch about this game until I play it for myself.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No spoilers. But I heard there is something that will at least make you think of Desmond in this game. Maybe not him specifically but well... no spoilers.

Again just what I heard. I hate spoilers and that's about the last thing I will read / watch about this game until I play it for myself.

interesting, but it doesn't even have to be desmond just a storyline in modern era linking back to the game era (Egypt in this case) syndicate they didn't even bother. I don't know why but I enjoyed how you would play as ezio then see the struggle continue with desmond. After what happened there (no spoilers even though its been a long time) they then felt less fulfilling or something I don't know what it is they don't feel the same

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
interesting, but it doesn't even have to be desmond just a storyline in modern era linking back to the game era (Egypt in this case) syndicate they didn't even bother. I don't know why but I enjoyed how you would play as ezio then see the struggle continue with desmond. After what happened there (no spoilers even though its been a long time) they then felt less fulfilling or something I don't know what it is they don't feel the same
All I will say (again from what I heard) is play the side missions / quests. I am not sure there will be any actual gameplay in something present day but I don't know. Sure doesn't sound like it's part of the core gameplay.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
All I will say (again from what I heard) is play the side missions / quests. I am not sure there will be any actual gameplay in something present day but I don't know. Sure doesn't sound like it's part of the core gameplay.

yeah, interesting stuff. It doesn't matter because im into the games and will always play them no matter how bad they got,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad